Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Public Service Announcement

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    Do you guys realize that outside of the 20 people in this thread almost no one shoots more than 50-100 rounds a year? It doesn’t matter.
    I wonder how many rounds per year the average AR enthusiast really shoots.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post

Andy
    I would guess 250. Only reason I shoot more is through classes I take 2-3 a year and 1000 a pop per class. I may shoot 4k a year. But not this year. I may not shoot a damn round outside the 1 class o have planned this year. Shits insane and it don’t look like it’s gonna get a bit better.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Yeah, we cant really count the last year, unfortunately. I haven't shot nearly as much as normal.

I think your 250 round average is a good number. Lots of shooters like my son, too who are just too busy hustling to shoot a lot.

Andy

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Well the last couple buying frenzies brought us carriers with rough bores that eat gas rings, carrier keys with rough inner diameters that eat gas tubes, carrier profiles that are faceted instead of rounded. The last is not a problem, in fact it seems a pretty sensible alternative to the regular full-round profile and a logical economizing of the machining process-- but I never saw it until maybe 2013, I don't really remember the exact time frame and what the scare was, but poof, there they were. I think the buying surges also bring us more barrels with improper chambers as the manufacturers have to start scrounging more for barrels (conjecture).

I didn't see the SOTAR warning but I would agree that it is a good time to be on the alert for sub-standard parts.

One thing for sure. When demand surges, QA does not usually track upward with it on a parallel line.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chamber143 View Post
    I would guess 250. Only reason I shoot more is through classes I take 2-3 a year and 1000 a pop per class. I may shoot 4k a year. But not this year. I may not shoot a damn round outside the 1 class o have planned this year. Shits insane and it don’t look like it’s gonna get a bit better.
    I bet the average is lower than that. Id bet big money that most ARs get shot once a year or less, especially after the first year of ownership.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Andy
    I think the only problem with your question is it isn't being asked in the right forum. IMO most here are not average gun owners. That question might yield a better answer if asked on the "I only shoot one box of ammo/year" forum...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Andy
    I think the only problem with your question is it isn't being asked in the right forum. IMO most here are not average gun owners. That question might yield a better answer if asked on the "I only shoot one box of ammo/year" forum...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345