Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Service Announcement

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    If your "contribution" to a thread is to criticize spelling, don't bother.

Leave it alone and drive on.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    I can see how people that struggle with basic spelling might be able learn from him.
    Technically that would be grammar, there is nothing wrong with the spelling.

I just bought some parts from FCD, I'm not concerned one bit.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    All the more reason to stick with quality parts from quality companies.
    You nailed it.

Those 'quality companies' are not going to risk a reputation for a quick buck when demand is high by cutting back on QC.

Prices may go up but quality never goes down...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    What is "SOTAR"?
    This guy.

https://youtu.be/DTpWfjVFfEU

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Anyone see SOTAR's public service announcement?

The gist of it was to stop buying AR stuff and ammo unless its an emergency because QC is the worst its ever been.
    I read his complete statement on his FB page. Your paraphrasing is correct. IMO he presents no evidence to support his claim. Without evidence, I see him as just another "smith" / individual who wants to keep his internet "thing" going with unfounded comments such as he spewed. He may have acceptable knowledge and skills however that doesn't give him license to paint the industry with a broad brush.

What I find peculiar in his post is one of his later comments where he states he's so damn busy and "completely burned out" that he wishes folks would go to one of his other groups within FB / sites to ask their questions. Really? To be so busy, he sure spends a lot of time on FB. Poor pitiful him. What's next, a tool kit emblazed with his likeness and signature for sale in the back of American Rifleman?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    You nailed it.

Those 'quality companies' are not going to risk a reputation for a quick buck when demand is high by cutting back on QC.

Prices may go up but quality never goes down...
    Somebody here has said "go with a proven performer" Good advice anytime, anyplace.

Feedback Score
    SOTAR is definitely not just another smith. He doesn’t recommend brands or trash them. It’s all about the specs and parts are in spec or they’re not. The majority don’t even know what the specs are or have the gauges for measuring.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I've had more issues with gun related components in the past year than I have in the previous nine years prior combined..

LMT (Multiple times)

Surefire (Multiple times)

Unity Tactical (Multiple times)

Colt

Magpul

Aimpoint

There are at least three or four other brands I've forgot about. All are known good quality brands. All were new parts bought from reliable vendors, and were defective out of the box. (All of the companies involved did take care of the issues though, so nothing bad in that regard).

Is that just by chance? I'm not the only one I personally know that's had issues with known quality manufacturers products lately either.. so in my experience there is definitely truth to SOTAR's statement.

It's 2021.

If you expect what you order to be free of issues, arrive on time, be the correct item you ordered, or be below MSRP... than you are likely in for a surprise. If you've ordered a lot in the past year and haven't had issues, go buy a lottery ticket..

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    I read his complete statement on his FB page. Your paraphrasing is correct. IMO he presents no evidence to support his claim. Without evidence, I see him as just another "smith" / individual who wants to keep his internet "thing" going with unfounded comments such as he spewed. He may have acceptable knowledge and skills however that doesn't give him license to paint the industry with a broad brush.

What I find peculiar in his post is one of his later comments where he states he's so damn busy and "completely burned out" that he wishes folks would go to one of his other groups within FB / sites to ask their questions. Really? To be so busy, he sure spends a lot of time on FB. Poor pitiful him. What's next, a tool kit emblazed with his likeness and signature for sale in the back of American Rifleman?
    In the past 2 weeks he has posted on his facebook page 2 posts "hoping someone dies" (I have captured screen shots of both) the first was an armorer who he disagrees with on staking, stating he hopes that man dies and the other who suggested should die was suggesting to using a punch to mark a cam pin to avoid buying one factory done, he posted a video clip from Tombstone stating he hope he died.

In my opinion this man has serious mental issues, no I am not a licensed doctor, but I dont need a degree in meteorology either to know when its raining outside.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by the AR-15 Junkie View Post
    In the past 2 weeks he has posted on his facebook page 2 posts "hoping someone dies" (I have captured screen shots of both) the first was an armorer who he disagrees with on staking, stating he hopes that man dies and the other who suggested should die was suggesting to using a punch to mark a cam pin to avoid buying one factory done, he posted a video clip from Tombstone stating he hope he died.

In my opinion this man has serious mental issues, no I am not a licensed doctor, but I dont need a degree in meteorology either to know when its raining outside.
    I recall earlier in the year on Youtube I wanna say where he had some kind of "mea culpa" and said he would try much harder to be a better person or some such, sorry if he had offended/hurt people by his actions..... So apparently, a long term thing.....But, I do enjoy his videos and I think he's pretty brand agnostic though favoring those with a proven record of tight quality controls.....
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast