Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Public Service Announcement

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by the AR-15 Junkie View Post
    In the past 2 weeks he has posted on his facebook page 2 posts "hoping someone dies" (I have captured screen shots of both) the first was an armorer who he disagrees with on staking, stating he hopes that man dies and the other who suggested should die was suggesting to using a punch to mark a cam pin to avoid buying one factory done, he posted a video clip from Tombstone stating he hope he died.

In my opinion this man has serious mental issues, no I am not a licensed doctor, but I dont need a degree in meteorology either to know when its raining outside.
    That is pretty out there...

He is a 'cat' person though so some crazy is to be expected. LOL!

From what I have seen of his videos he is really good at pointing out potential problems / stuff not in 'spec' but I have not seen him 'correcting' very many parts to put them back into 'spec'.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    The guy is on the forum here when people aren’t saying stupid stuff. SOTAR is the only reason I keep a Facebook account, if usually deactivated.
    Didn’t Pressburg shoot his b-in-law, Haley had a NG, Cowden said mean things, etc etc. People aren’t perfect, and things can be taken out of context.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    "QC is the worst it's ever been".

Well, if that's so color me oh so NOT surprised.
    Its been a year+ long gun rush, and the demand has ramped UP as time went on, not down.
    Prices are going up and away on a lot of things, so yeah my bet is a lot of manufacturers are tossing everything out the door they can.
    Remember post-Newtown 2013? And the obvious QC dips people found as that mad rush unfolded? Some companies like PSA never quite recovered from that.
    So yeah, things are getting sketchy, why wouldn't they? Ammo production is backed up for how long now- like years at this point?

An instructor I knew and some related folks had several KBs lately with recent ammo purchases. Granted it was some brand I've never heard of, but that just makes the point- people are going to take whatever is available, cuz that's all there is. Kinda like '13 when literally the only ammo left anywhere was Tula... and some other off-brand I can't remember for the life of me.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    I can see how people that struggle with basic spelling might be able learn from him.
    I WILL NOT FEED THE TROLLS

EDIT BY MARK5PT56

KNOCK IT OFF-KEEP IT ON TOPIC

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I put up an ugly post. I'll try to be a better person today.
    Last edited by Esq.; 03-25-21 at 06:26.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    All the more reason to stick with quality parts from quality companies.

It really is that simple. Each time we go through this, we know quality gets flushed as companies run machines as quick as possible to get money while they can.

People who wait for “deals” are buying no name excess junk, and then complaining if and when they try using the parts.

Stick with well known companies. They are the ones who have standards and won’t be buying from the reject bins.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Off parts are nothing new. If you bought enough stuff before todays current demand you would run into off parts. No worse now than before.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by curious1 View Post
    Off parts are nothing new. If you bought enough stuff before todays current demand you would run into off parts. No worse now than before.
    With all due respect, I think you are crazy.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post

An instructor I knew and some related folks had several KBs lately with recent ammo purchases. Granted it was some brand I've never heard of, but that just makes the point- people are going to take whatever is available, cuz that's all there is. Kinda like '13 when literally the only ammo left anywhere was Tula... and some other off-brand I can't remember for the life of me.
    I’ve gone through a few brands of Eastern European 9mm over the last couple months that I previously hadn’t heard of before. Had one weak round which failed to cycle the slide in a G17, but otherwise it all shot okay. But I was kinda bracing myself for trouble, that’s for sure.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just picked up 2 Centurion Arms Lower Receivers on a whim I saw in a LGS last week, both are perfect. Should I have walked away from those because "someone" said quality is bad industry wide and don't buy anything?
    Last edited by the AR-15 Junkie; 03-25-21 at 12:03.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast