Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Public Service Announcement

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    All the more reason to stick with quality parts from quality companies.
    This, 100%. Stick with the companies that know QA/QC and have good reputations of customer service. If something does slip through, they'll take care of you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    With all due respect, I think you are crazy.
    Why the hate? I imagine any respect you have is reserved for yourself and no one else. Not able to just disagree?
    I will gives just some examples of off parts I received before the current situation. Firing pin retaining pins clipped off on the ends instead of rounded and sloped, an upper receiver with the gas tube hole higher than spec making alignment without binding impossible, a gas tube that the metal was so soft you could tie it in a knot and never crimp the tube, bolts with the support ring .003" below minimum, barrel extensions that came loose under less the max value for barrel installation, hammers with incorrect geometry at the trigger notch, triggers with the pin hole off in relation to the top surface of at the nose, hammer below minimum width between the pin entrances, bolts with the ejector retaining pin through one side and the other end mashed up inside the channel for the ejector, a lower receiver with the trigger holes located incorrectly, bolt with metal debris in the ejector hole and the ejector would not seat flush, over sized when measured selector detent that was over sized for both diameters, lower with the take down and pivot holes too low where any upper would stop on an angle before closing fully, and on and on. Nothing new about off parts.

Feedback Score
    I hadn't purchased anything since the panic began a year ago, but in the last two weeks I've purchased a BCM BCG from Primary Arms $189 plus shipping, and a Palmetto MOE ECM complete lower $219 free shipping. Palmetto lower is for a dedicated CMMG .22 upper. Fit is excellent and so is the finish. ECM trigger is quite smooth for a GI trigger. Heck, they even staked the castle nut. BCM is what you'd expect.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Do you guys realize that outside of the 20 people in this thread almost no one shoots more than 50-100 rounds a year? It doesn’t matter.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by curious1 View Post
    Why the hate? I imagine any respect you have is reserved for yourself and no one else. Not able to just disagree?
    I will gives just some examples of off parts I received before the current situation. Firing pin retaining pins clipped off on the ends instead of rounded and sloped, an upper receiver with the gas tube hole higher than spec making alignment without binding impossible, a gas tube that the metal was so soft you could tie it in a knot and never crimp the tube, bolts with the support ring .003" below minimum, barrel extensions that came loose under less the max value for barrel installation, hammers with incorrect geometry at the trigger notch, triggers with the pin hole off in relation to the top surface of at the nose, hammer below minimum width between the pin entrances, bolts with the ejector retaining pin through one side and the other end mashed up inside the channel for the ejector, a lower receiver with the trigger holes located incorrectly, bolt with metal debris in the ejector hole and the ejector would not seat flush, over sized when measured selector detent that was over sized for both diameters, lower with the take down and pivot holes too low where any upper would stop on an angle before closing fully, and on and on. Nothing new about off parts.
    Where were those parts/guns from?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    damn double tap
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    Do you guys realize that outside of the 20 people in this thread almost no one shoots more than 50-100 rounds a year? It doesn’t matter.
    That's what makes me laugh about so much of the nitpicking here and elsewhere....... Karl Rehn of KR Training is a super smart dude, spent most of his life working- 24 years as an Engineer, on military contracts through Texas A&M University. He estimates, based on actual data, that less than 10,000 people in the ENTIRE UNITED STATES, drives the whole "TRAINING INDUSTRY".....

All the Trainers all the High End gear Makers etc...are chasing the same tiny number of people. Sure, you get some people with more money than sense etc...that will buy stuff but the vast majority of Hard Use Gear etc...is sold to a TINY, MINISCULE, number of people.
    Last edited by Esq.; 03-30-21 at 09:54.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    That's what makes me laugh about so much of the nitpicking here and elsewhere....... Karl Rehn of KR Training is a super smart dude, spent most of his life working- 24 years as an Engineer, on military contracts through Texas A&M University. He estimates, based on actual data, that less than 10,000 people in the ENTIRE UNITED STATES, drives the whole "TRAINING INDUSTRY".....

All the Trainers all the High End gear Makers etc...are chasing the same tiny number of people. Sure, you get some people with more money than sense etc...that will buy stuff but the vast majority of Hard Use Gear etc...is sold to a TINY, MINISCULE, number of people.
    Doesn't that make me a minority? Where's my free shit and special rights?
    Last edited by titsonritz; 03-30-21 at 14:12.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Doesn't that make me a minority? Where's my free shit and special rights?
    Oh you have rights, you just won't like them.

1. You have the right to have your rights threatened by the masses and elected idiots on a regular basis.
    2. You have the right to pay stupid amounts of money for MULTI CAM products labeled "TACTICAL"
    3. You have the right to wait and wait and wait for companies in the "gun industry" to actually PRODUCE and SHIP products.

What did I miss?
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    He estimates, based on actual data, that less than 10,000 people in the ENTIRE UNITED STATES, drives the whole "TRAINING INDUSTRY".....

A truism across fields of just about everything: 10% of the people use 90% of the resources.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast