Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: B&T MK-II Anyone have information on it?

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know if the mags are proprietary?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Happy1 View Post
    Does anyone know if the mags are proprietary?
    B&T USW mags will work in a lot of CZ pistols.

"Also works well in Sphynx Compact SDP*, CZ 75B, CZ 75 SP-01, CZ Shadow 2 and CZ 75 Compact*"

Feedback Score
    aFella,

Thanks.
    I thought they looked like CZ 75 mags. I will probably not get one, but having a steady supply of mags for a new import pistol right now would be extremely important.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Interesting. So you're directly telling me I should buy an MPX instead of an APC9?
    Topic withstanding...

I don't care what people do. I'm cynical on gun collectors right now. The APC9 and Pro was a pile of dog shit for me, the TP9 was straight awful suppressed among many issues. "Swiss engineering" seems to mean heavy, expensive, and lacks support. If you want to add to your "collection" for "investment", B&T holds value. There are lots of people who "pay more to get the best" omitting later unbiased goal review. I'm convinced this is B&T's sales strategy.

I'm not happy with any MPX I've ever shot. The gun runs too fast. There are indications and proof of this. If you know the issues shit dwell time, then you won't learn anything new from me. If you don't, great, cool, go for it, get your credit card out for "upgrades". Is it comedy or tragedy that SIG would own the PCC market if they didn't screw up the gas system so?

As to the topic... I don't like CZ style slides. I like an overhand grab to rack and clear malfunctions. This requires more visible slide than available. Owners of B&T USW have not been overly kind. Although if B&T re-did the USW-Glock as a brace, I'd buy one. Most issues seemed to be with the gun and Nano optic. There is merit in braced handguns. About a day with a Flux'ed P320 has changed my mind on them.

As a stand-alone handgun system, why? Who is still buying these niche unicorns? What is the intent? If it is to be a unique "piece" that sits in your safe, count me out. It takes time to learn a new gun. I take time to figure out and buy the spare parts and determine compatibility. Time to select where it goes in the tool roster. This time is far more valuable than money. If I need more money I'll make more. Go ahead and say the same for time.

I'm working to a theory that I may only consider a firearm buy if I would buy two. It's not baked yet. It's a thought for "normal things" I would consider one only if two also made sense. All about the likelyhood I would have the item available when I wanted it. I would not have a use for or buy two ("combat"?) Sphinx handguns.

"Looks like yet another Sphinx." ... Perfect combination of words with a subjective meaning to everyone.
    Last edited by Noodles; 03-26-21 at 12:10.

Feedback Score
    not-ABlue-Light-Special.png

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Topic withstanding...
    As a stand-alone handgun system, why? Who is still buying these niche unicorns? What is the intent? If it is to be a unique "piece" that sits in your safe, count me out. It takes time to learn a new gun. I take time to figure out and buy the spare parts and determine compatibility. Time to select where it goes in the tool roster. This time is far more valuable than money. If I need more money I'll make more. Go ahead and say the same for time.
    The same type or person who is buying a TP9 or really any of their other offerings?
    Last edited by aFella; 03-26-21 at 16:18.

Feedback Score
    Topic withstanding...

I don't care what people do. I'm cynical on gun collectors right now. The APC9 and Pro was a pile of dog shit for me, the TP9 was straight awful suppressed among many issues. "Swiss engineering" seems to mean heavy, expensive, and lacks support. If you want to add to your "collection" for "investment", B&T holds value. There are lots of people who "pay more to get the best" omitting later unbiased goal review. I'm convinced this is B&T's sales strategy.

I'm not happy with any MPX I've ever shot. The gun runs too fast. There are indications and proof of this. If you know the issues shit dwell time, then you won't learn anything new from me. If you don't, great, cool, go for it, get your credit card out for "upgrades". Is it comedy or tragedy that SIG would own the PCC market if they didn't screw up the gas system so?

As to the topic... I don't like CZ style slides. I like an overhand grab to rack and clear malfunctions. This requires more visible slide than available. Owners of B&T USW have not been overly kind. Although if B&T re-did the USW-Glock as a brace, I'd buy one. Most issues seemed to be with the gun and Nano optic. There is merit in braced handguns. About a day with a Flux'ed P320 has changed my mind on them.

I'm working to a theory that I may only consider a firearm buy if I would buy two. It's not baked yet. It's a thought for "normal things" I would consider one only if two also made sense. All about the likelyhood I would have the item available when I wanted it. I would not have a use for or buy two ("combat"?) Sphinx handguns.

"Looks like yet another Sphinx." ... Perfect combination of words with a subjective meaning to everyone.
    I respect your experience and your opinion. It just does not track with what i have experienced. My B&T Pro's in 9mm and 10mm are excellent. They are there best PCCs i have used. My GLock 17 and Glock 40 in B&T chassis systems are also excellent. My TP9 has a crap trigger and crap sights but i use the B&T TP9 can and subsonic ammo and have it does very well. B&T is "dogshit" puts you in a vanishingly small minority. What were the issues ?
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KTR03 View Post
    I respect your experience and your opinion. It just does not track with what i have experienced. My B&T Pro's in 9mm and 10mm are excellent. They are there best PCCs i have used. My GLock 17 and Glock 40 in B&T chassis systems are also excellent. My TP9 has a crap trigger and crap sights but i use the B&T TP9 can and subsonic ammo and have it does very well. B&T is "dogshit" puts you in a vanishingly small minority. What were the issues ?
    Start a "What is wrong with the APC9" thread if you like and send me a link. Otherwise, the only on-topic things would be my gripes that relate to APC9 that might greater apply to B&T and this handgun.

- Designed to be as expensive as possible. Down the to stiff safety selector with it's dual OVAL shaped detents. Why oval pins? Because it costs a lot more than round!

- Parts unavailable without reason. First send yours to B&T and they will send a replacement. It's 2021 and we have computers to manage inventory, this BS should be over with. There isn't anything regulatory about their buffer or bolt. B&T doesn't care. Contrast with CZ who will sell you anything and it's all on their website.

- The APC9 was not made by people I would stereotype as "shooters". I met the lead and two other designers for the APC-series at SHOT back in 2018 or so. Nice guy, but an engineer through and through. I was working with a company at the time and this gave me a little more access than normal passersby. He discussed an old and never in production adjustable porting for integrated suppressor. I had the impression this was a luxury piece even for the police contracts they were courting. Swiss engineer, may be as happy making chocolate production line machinery. Held his own gun with an exaggerated chicken wing. I suspect Stoner would have as well, but evolution is something B&T will have to earn.

Trust me, I wanted to like the APC guns. It was my "OK B&T, we had a bad go, it wasn't all you, I've grown, I'm willing to give us another shot". When I sold it the cost of my CMMG was more than covered. I've been using that for competition, it's a superior gun except for size and one issue CMMG refuses to fix. I could not make USPSA Grand Master with an APC9. That would require someone with far more skill. Perhaps its interesting that no one has so far as I have seen?

As to the pic of their B&T handgun above, it, it's a good looking gun! And yes, I agree with you, I've just grown bored of the gun collectors hyping OK guns. I've never accused B&T of not knowing good visual design. A pretty girl that commands a premium price. No wonder everyone who knows her is so quick to demand justification when someone thinks it's a bad deal. Hot body, but she's a boor/bore, while her dad is controlling and arrogant.
    Last edited by Noodles; 03-26-21 at 19:05.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    The few Sphinx pistols I have shot were excellent. But really, they were just CZs with way better superficial fit and finish. I defiantly wouldn't mind having one in the pile.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Start a "What is wrong with the APC9" thread if you like and send me a link. Otherwise, the only on-topic things would be my gripes that relate to APC9 that might greater apply to B&T and this handgun.

- Designed to be as expensive as possible. Down the to stiff safety selector with it's dual OVAL shaped detents. Why oval pins? Because it costs a lot more than round!

- Parts unavailable without reason. First send yours to B&T and they will send a replacement. It's 2021 and we have computers to manage inventory, this BS should be over with. There isn't anything regulatory about their buffer or bolt. B&T doesn't care. Contrast with CZ who will sell you anything and it's all on their website.

- The APC9 was not made by people I would stereotype as "shooters". I met the lead and two other designers for the APC-series at SHOT back in 2018 or so. Nice guy, but an engineer through and through. I was working with a company at the time and this gave me a little more access than normal passersby. He discussed an old and never in production adjustable porting for integrated suppressor. I had the impression this was a luxury piece even for the police contracts they were courting. Swiss engineer, may be as happy making chocolate production line machinery. Held his own gun with an exaggerated chicken wing. I suspect Stoner would have as well, but evolution is something B&T will have to earn.

Trust me, I wanted to like the APC guns. It was my "OK B&T, we had a bad go, it wasn't all you, I've grown, I'm willing to give us another shot". When I sold it the cost of my CMMG was more than covered. I've been using that for competition, it's a superior gun except for size and one issue CMMG refuses to fix. I could not make USPSA Grand Master with an APC9. That would require someone with far more skill. Perhaps its interesting that no one has so far as I have seen?

As to the pic of their B&T handgun above, it, it's a good looking gun! And yes, I agree with you, I've just grown bored of the gun collectors hyping OK guns. I've never accused B&T of not knowing good visual design. A pretty girl that commands a premium price. No wonder everyone who knows her is so quick to demand justification when someone thinks it's a bad deal. Hot body, but she's a boor/bore, while her dad is controlling and arrogant.
    Thanks for taking the time with this response.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Topic withstanding...

My interest was for a backpack PCC that I can take with me everywhere I go. Right now it's the Scorpion. I have had no issues with it so far, that are not minor gripes. I just hate feeling like I could be running a better option, or a better PCC, but I think that is just my mind overthinking things.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast