Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help with 9mm AR15 Tri-lug barrel upper

Feedback Score

Need help with 9mm AR15 Tri-lug barrel upper

I have a couple of 9mm AR15 SBR's. One is a Rock River Arms and the other is a Colt LE6933. Both have about 10" threaded barrels that I've been threading my TiRant 9 suppressor to. They work fine with this setup, but I always have to constantly check to verify that the suppressor isn't unthreading and the overall length is kind of long. I've recently purchased a B&T APC9 suppressor that's made to lock on using the tri-lug system.

I'd like to make or buy an upper that has a 5" or so long barrel with the tri-lug system. I'm thinking that the handguard would surround the suppressor almost completely when the suppressor is attached. This would minimize the overall length of the barrel + suppressor. Does anyone make an upper like this or the components for me to make one? Is there anything that I'm missing with this idea?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Good luck, but find your Tri-lug adapter before buying a gun for it. They are hard to find right now depending on your can. I screw on a .45 acp can on my MPX covering it with a midwest rail. But I have to watch it too, it will unscrew on me.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I'm hoping for a barrel that has a tri-lug adapter machined in to it.

Feedback Score
    This guy used to make them in batches. Kind of a sideline. Looks like he has grown into a full time ffl. I've never run one of his barrels but I used to hear good things.

https://trosusa.com/colt-m-16-9-smg-barrels/

There also Foxtrot Mike, I know zero other than I've heard of them.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    For what it's worth, I run a 3.5" with an adapter. I used shims to index it (because ... anal), and torqued it on with 272 red locktite. It's been "permanent" for a while now no issues coming loose. I run my can mostly buried under the 9 inch handguard.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    This guy used to make them in batches. Kind of a sideline. Looks like he has grown into a full time ffl. I've never run one of his barrels but I used to hear good things.
    That looks like just what I'm looking for.

For what it's worth, I run a 3.5" with an adapter. I used shims to index it (because ... anal)
    I'm anal too, but don't understand why would it need to be indexed?

Feedback Score
    Just so I can slip my can straight in and not have to hunt for alignment. That little barrel is WAY down there.

Feedback Score

Need help with 9mm AR15 Tri-lug barrel upper

I have the TrosUSA 5” barrel on my SBR. It’s a work of art. Super accurate with 147gr plated subs and Titegroup. I run my Griffen Armament Revo 45 with the trilug adapter. Fits under a Midwest Industries rail. Love that gun. I’ll try and find you a picture of it when I have time.
    The Constitution is a "Gun Free Zone" sign for conservatives

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Those are sick, damn.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I'm hoping for a barrel that has a tri-lug adapter machined in to it.
    You get a barrel that has a tri-lug ( it can be machined in or screwed on), then you get an adapter for you can so it will go on your tri lug barrel. I'm no expert so correct me if wrong guys. I just went through this PITA.

PB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast