Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need help with 9mm AR15 Tri-lug barrel upper

Feedback Score
    I was finally able to get my money back. I searched around multiple forums and found that he has been posting over at the fnforum.net using his actual name. I sent him a message and then the next day he replied with an email asking for my mailing address. I got a check a couple of days ago and cashed it today. Bottom line, my recommendation is to avoid him simply based on his failure to be able to run a business, but he did ultimately make it right.

Now I'm once again open to suggestions regarding a 5" or so 9mm barrel with a built in tri-lug adapter.

Feedback Score
    Well, glad you got your money back.

Finding a barrel with the tri lug is a pain. I just ended up running a thread on. I really wanted one the TROS, but...

Can't recall right now if I used rockset or loctite but I haven't had any trouble with the adapter coming loose. I have it buried way down under the handguard so I was a little concerned it wouldn't hold 100% but it has been fine.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I was finally able to get my money back. I searched around multiple forums and found that he has been posting over at the fnforum.net using his actual name. I sent him a message and then the next day he replied with an email asking for my mailing address. I got a check a couple of days ago and cashed it today. Bottom line, my recommendation is to avoid him simply based on his failure to be able to run a business, but he did ultimately make it right.

Now I'm once again open to suggestions regarding a 5" or so 9mm barrel with a built in tri-lug adapter.
    If you find an integral tri lug adapter that works, its a great setup. My experience with many non-integral tri lug setups is that specs can be all over the place. Some tri lug
    adapters wont allow the suppressor mount to even fit and mount up. Others are so loose that that you can get serious wobble. Rotational play isn’t really a big deal but if the tri lug is a little undersized or the suppressor mount a little oversized, you get wobble. Combine that with a slight misalignment and you may see end cap strikes or worse. If you’re shooting full auto, it will magnify problems.

This isn’t to discourage you from using tri lug, its just to encourage you to research what may or may not be a good combo. A tri lug adapter that threads on can be semi permanently installed and you can test it before high temp thread locking, to make sure its compatible with your suppressor mount. Just something to think about.

Feedback Score
    Angstadt Arms manufactures tri-lug adapters with both 1/2x36 and 1/2x28 threads for 9mm.

ETA--Also, I'm pretty sure the only Foxtrot Mike 9mm barrel with an integral tri-lug is the 7" barrel.
    Last edited by LoboTBL; 05-04-22 at 18:08.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123