Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Suez Canal Blockage

Feedback Score

Suez Canal Blockage

I know it is a big ship, and it seems like Achmed with a back hoe isn't going to cut it. Why not take a page out of the Egyptian attack across by using water jets to erode out material and free the bow? I assume that has a bulb bow and is pretty well stuck in there.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yea, they need to get that canal up and running again. Europe needs oil!
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    I have never dealt with a recovery of that scale, but between a life of four wheeling and a career in construction I have a LOT of experience getting things unstuck. Looks like they are digging out the ends, that is the right move. There is gonna be the weight of the material that was displaced, the drag against that material, and the suction of that saturated material to overcome.

That is a shitload of mass to get moving, add to that the factors I listed above and it can be insurmountable. I have seen a 25 ton excavator buried in the mud so bad that a 300 ton crane couldn't pull it out. We had to dig it out first and then drag it out. I could see jetting water or air along the hull helping, but I think digging is the right answer. The hadji leading the recovery is thinking they'll have the cork out over the weekend.

I don't know how it works in the Suez. Does a pilot come aboard and command the ship all the way through? I've heard wind pushed that big bitch around, and I've heard aggressive maneuvering. I'm guessing someone(s) gonna be sweating it out hard in front of a review panel over this.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    I have seen a 25 ton excavator buried in the mud so bad that a 300 ton crane couldn't pull it out. We had to dig it out first and then drag it out.
    You just need a yellow XJ and a yellow rope!

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Don’t they have to unload the ship first? That’s like one of the biggest ships in the world and it’s fully loaded with cargo containers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Dig out both ends, have the Egyptian Army up with a Brigade of Tanks daisy chain them like you would for a mired tank. Pull both ends in opposite directions and go to town.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would think they would just hook up some buoyancy "balloons" to the ship and carry on.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Canal moves 10 Billion worth of goods per day & say it will take weeks...they are going to have to remove containers & then relieve the water ballasts. Word is it's gotta get a lot lighter to get unstuck. 'Evergreen' blew up the net the day this happened. How's this for coincidences:

Scott Borgerson is said to be the main boss man for Evergreen & supposed husband of Maxine Ghislaine.

The same day the vessel got stuck in the canal, a nursing home in NY caught fire causing one death & several injured including NYFD...Evergreen Court Home for Adults.

The US Secret Service had a code name for Hilary Clinton...Evergreen.

The call sign for the stuck vessel is H3RC.

One of the tugboats that attempted to unstick had a call sign of Baraka1.

Can't make this shit up.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Does anyone honestly believe this wasn't intentional?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    And then there is this mystery!!!!

https://nypost.com/2021/03/24/cargo-...in-suez-canal/

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast