Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: Uncle Joe Says he will go Executive Order On Guns....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Earlier in the year it sounded like I might not be able to get a Covid vaccination until maybe June or later for lack of supply. That some folks believed Covid is a hoax and/or didn't want to be vaccinated is something I viewed as fewer in line ahead of me. Good. Now that I've been vaccinated I really don't care what folks believe.

That said, the excess death numbers indicate something extraordinary occurred last year. Perhaps there was a lot of fatal motorcycle accidents.

Something extraordinary did happen. The whole world stopped taking care of itself, stopped seeking medical care for existing conditions, and the level of stress... The stress alone is enough to explain those deaths. They literally scared people to death. They were scared of getting the virus, losing their job, losing their house, becoming homeless, and everything else. And how many untimely deaths of despair were there? All those elderly people sequestered away from their loved ones for months on end?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Something extraordinary did happen. The whole world stopped taking care of itself, stopped seeking medical care for existing conditions, and the level of stress... The stress alone is enough to explain those deaths. They literally scared people to death. They were scared of getting the virus, losing their job, losing their house, becoming homeless, and everything else. And how many untimely deaths of despair were there? All those elderly people sequestered away from their loved ones for months on end?
    Um, we're saying that 560,000 Americans were scared to death? Afraid of losing their house, becoming homeless, and everything else?

Buddy, where you been? Americans have been scared of the things you mention every day of their adult lives for at least the last forty years -- and 560,000 of them didn't drop dead every year of it.

Really!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I think Covid deaths are counted like storm related deaths during a hurricane. If you die during a hurricane it is blamed on the storm no matter what killed you.
    Stated as such here:

https://week.com/2020/04/20/idph-dir...re-classified/

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Um, we're saying that 560,000 Americans were scared to death?
    I went to a guy's funeral back in October who apparently died of fright.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    The national level attack on guns is a phony war. Keeps it on the front burner with the help of the MSM. The real battle is at the state level. Lot easier to shift a state from red to blue and then start the gun silliness. Cities first, then state level. Guess how I know... THE NRA doesn't do anything at the city level. They just wish you the best.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    Um, we're saying that 560,000 Americans were scared to death? Afraid of losing their house, becoming homeless, and everything else?

Buddy, where you been? Americans have been scared of the things you mention every day of their adult lives for at least the last forty years -- and 560,000 of them didn't drop dead every year of it.

Really!
    It wouldn't surprise me at all. In a country of 350 million people, with a very large senior demographic. I keep hearing the mental health crises are off the charts due to the pandemic. There are the obvious ones like suicides and overdoses, but who knows how many people died of heart attacks because of the stress, who otherwise wouldn't have. Stress and anxiety do terrible things to people.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Stress and anxiety do terrible things to people.
    Especially fat out of shape people as much of the population.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I wish the OP would change the title of this COVID thread.

Andy

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I remember after Sandy Hook Obama was going to announce executive orders on guns. There was a big build up. When it came, it was so trivial that I can't remember what it was, and probably no one else does.

Anti gun talk, never mind action, costs Democrats.

Bill Clinton was a very smart politician. He even admitted that the 1994 AWB cost them the Congress and brought in Newt Gingrich. And ARs and hi cap pistols were still novelties back then. Now they're the norm.

Obama and Holder wanted to get cranked up in Spring 2009. But 65 new congressmen told him that was the third rail and they'd be one termers if that happened. All ambitions were shelves for the next 8 years.

And Beto came within 2 percentage points of ousting Ted Cruz. If Beto had been even a little bit better on guns, he'd be Senator and maybe on the fast track to the White House. His anti gun stance cost him and his Party.

I know I sound like Pollyanna and I may be wrong, but I'm thinking Biden will be more of the same.

Covid, economic inequalities and George Floyd created millions of new gun owners. They won't want to turn them in.
    Last edited by Uni-Vibe; 04-11-21 at 06:24.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I think Covid deaths are counted like storm related deaths during a hurricane. If you die during a hurricane it is blamed on the storm no matter what killed you.
    This will be offset by deliberate undercounting in Cuomo's New York, and probably Desantis's Florida. Who knows where else.

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast