Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncle Joe Says he will go Executive Order On Guns....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    But who will they be fighting against and who will they be fighting for?

Civic Nationalism is a fairy tale.

Ever see Prometheus? It makes sense more and more every year.

The Framers would soon see us all hanged for letting things get so bad.
    Fly-
    Damn. I guess a part of me that gets pissed when you say no one will fight, and at what/who...is Im afraid you are right. And, you are right to a point, many wont lift a finger & will comply and do whatever "the law" says.
    But damn brother- there are MANY that aint having this shit. And the "who" to go after, will be the ones who made immoral, un-Constiturional laws..and the ones who choose to enforce them, period.
    These people in Congress will NEVER be able to live in safety, peace & calm for the rest of their lives if this shit keeps up to a point. We ARENT to that point, as F-upped as things are.
    But when the registrations, MANDATORY buy-backs, confiscation, ect. actually start happening...actual SHTF stuff...youll see a LEGION of pissed off "fat church goers"...and btw..wth?...rising up against this mess once and for all. What will YOU do, Ive oft wondered. You gonna roll over, or what?
    I wish you & others would just chill with the "aint nobody gonna do nuffin" shit. You are wrong as you can be, and I dont mean no disrespect, but some of us aint having it.
    And I agree 100% about the Framers..theyd be SICK at we've allowed to happen thus far.
    Last edited by Straight Shooter; 04-08-21 at 09:45.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    It will be interesting to see how our legislature reacts to any new federal gun control. When Washington began babbling about gun control after Sandy Hook, legislators in Nashville introduced a bill outlawing enforcement of any new federal gun control. In a way, it was kinda like DACA to simply not enforce the law. Of course there was no new gun control from Washington and the bill went nowhere. It seems that our boys in Nashville still have a pro-gun appetite having recently passed constitutional carry.
    Phil...did Gov. Lee sign that already? Done deal?
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Phil...did Gov. Lee sign that already? Done deal?
    The state house and senate passed the bill. On the 5th it was reported that it had not been electronically transmitted but Lee planned to sign it.

-------

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) - Tennessee Governor Bill Lee plans to sign legislation into law that would allow any Tennessean 21 and older to carry a handgun without a permit, according to the office of the governor.

According to Press Secretary, Casey Black, Senate Bill 765 has not been transmitted to the governor, but Lee “will plan to sign it when it reaches his desk.”
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 04-08-21 at 09:28.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It will be interesting to see how our legislature reacts to any new federal gun control. When Washington began babbling about gun control after Sandy Hook, legislators in Nashville introduced a bill outlawing enforcement of any new federal gun control. In a way, it was kinda like DACA to simply not enforce the law. Of course there was no new gun control from Washington and the bill went nowhere. It seems that our boys in Nashville still have a pro-gun appetite having recently passed constitutional carry.
    The state house and senate passed the bill. On the 5th it was reported that it had not been electronically transmitted but Lee planned to sign it.

-------

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) - Tennessee Governor Bill Lee plans to sign legislation into law that would allow any Tennessean 21 and older to carry a handgun without a permit, according to the office of the governor.

According to Press Secretary, Casey Black, Senate Bill 765 has not been transmitted to the governor, but Lee “will plan to sign it when it reaches his desk.”
    Thank you sir.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Fly-
    Damn. I guess a part of me that gets pissed when you say no one will fight, and at what/who...is Im afraid you are right. And, you are right to a point, many wont lift a finger & will comply and do whatever "the law" says.
    But damn brother- there are MANY that aint having this shit. And the "who" to go after, will be the ones who made immoral, un-Constiturional laws..and the ones who choose to enforce them, period.
    These people in Congress will NEVER be able to live in safety, peace & calm for the rest of their lives if this shit keeps up to a point. We ARENT to that point, as F-upped as things are.
    But when the registrations, MANDATORY buy-backs, confiscation, ect. actually start happening...actual SHTF stuff...youll see a LEGION of pissed off "fat church goers"...and btw..wth?...rising up against this mess once and for all. What will YOU, Ive oft wondered. You gonna roll over, or what?
    I wish you & others would just chill with the "aint nobody gonna do nuffin" shit. You are wrong as you can be, and I dont mean no disrespect, but some of us aint having it.
    And I agree 100% about the Framers..theyd be SICK at we've allowed to happen thus far.
    My thesis is that the politicians pick their battles. It’s easier to rule honest, working people than those who don’t care. When you threaten the employed tax payers they just give in because they don’t want to lose their comfortable life and all they worked for over a gun they don’t shoot near enough.

I have my own personal line. I hope it never gets crossed. I’m middle aged and my best days are behind me. I would rather be left alone. I really would. And it’s not about guns. I don’t exactly door kick like I used to. It’s a young man’s game. Honestly I don’t even really care like I did. The constant sense of urgency sucks the fun out of it.

I just want to be left in peace.

I just don’t have any more passion or energy for social woes.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    My thesis is that the politicians pick their battles. It’s easier to rule honest, working people than those who don’t care. When you threaten the employed tax payers they just give in because they don’t want to lose their comfortable life and all they worked for over a gun they don’t shoot near enough.

I have my own personal line. I hope it never gets crossed. I’m middle aged and my best days are behind me. I would rather be left alone. I really would. And it’s not about guns. I don’t exactly door kick like I used to. It’s a young man’s game. Honestly I don’t even really care like I did. The constant sense of urgency sucks the fun out of it.

I just want to be left in peace.

I just don’t have any more passion or energy for social woes.
    And on those thoughts...we are in,again..100% agreement. If people, would just leave people, alone. What a concept.

Feedback Score
    Fly-
    But when the registrations, MANDATORY buy-backs, confiscation, ect. actually start happening...actual SHTF stuff...youll see a LEGION of pissed off "fat church goers"...and btw..wth?...rising up against this mess once and for all. What will YOU do, Ive oft wondered. You gonna roll over, or what?
    As much as I’d like to say that you’re right. You are wrong. No one‘s going to really do a goddamn thing. The vast majority of your average Americans will comply with whatever passes and turn shit in or register it. A much smaller portion well stash their items. If there is a handful of people that actually take action I would be really surprised and impressed. Criminals will keep being criminals it really doesn’t matter what new laws passed, they have it figured out in that respect.
    For the handful of average Americans that stand up and say enough of this bullshit they will be dealt with like those at Ruby Ridge, Waco, or the Oklahoma City bombers.I know the answer to this question but who were the last ones that really struck back at the government for all the bullshit they were doing. It was TM and TN. The four or five people that stand up and fight back will be gunned down. There’s a good chance your wife, dog and possibly children will be gunned down as well. Then they will run a smear campaign about how fringe and out there you where until everyone agrees with the narrative and disowns you.

Just look at all the people they picked up for storming the capital. For all the big talk and other crap they all went in peacefully. Nobody shot it out with the feds. Hell some of them were crying like children when they got arrested. Low level meth dealers put up more resistance than that.
    Last edited by Vic79; 04-08-21 at 10:37.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic79 View Post
    As much as I’d like to say that you’re right. You are wrong. No one‘s going to really do a goddamn thing. The vast majority of your average Americans will comply with whatever passes and turn shit in or register it. A much smaller portion well stash their items. If there is a handful of people that actually take action I would be really surprised and impressed. Criminals will keep being criminals it really doesn’t matter what new laws passed, they have it figured out in that respect.
    For the handful of average Americans that stand up and say enough of this bullshit they will be dealt with like those at Ruby Ridge, Waco, or the Oklahoma City bombers.I know the answer to this question but who were the last ones that really struck back at the government for all the bullshit they were doing. It was TM and TN. The four or five people that stand up and fight back will be gunned down. There’s a good chance your wife, dog and possibly children will be gunned down as well. Then they will run a smear campaign about how fringe and out there you where until everyone agrees with the narrative and disowns you.

Just look at all the people they picked up for storming the capital. For all the big talk and other crap they all went in peacefully. Nobody shot it out with the feds. Hell some of them were crying like children when they got arrested. Low level meth dealers put up more resistance than that.
    Less than 1% of people complied with the AWB in my state when it was passed. Wokeism has created quite a bit more resistance. People who would have complied 10 years ago won't comply now.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    Less than 1% of people complied with the AWB in my state when it was passed. Wokeism has created quite a bit more resistance. People who would have complied 10 years ago won't comply now.

So what has the 99% done? Have they voted out the politicians of wanted to pass such tyrannical crap, my guess is no. Have they managed to repeal your governors edict‘s? Again my guess is no.
    Another question I have is how do they know only 1% complied with the AWB? Was there a registry already in place? Wild ass guess? Tinfoil hat time, maybe they know already who has what.

Feedback Score
    America has a long history to date of non-compliance with everything from liquor to gun bans and registration. Folks generally told Cuomo to shove his Safe Act gun registration scheme. Heck, even some Sheriffs went public saying they would not enforce it. New Jersey magazine ban... did they ever record a single magazine turned in to police? Who turned in their bump stock?

Of course non-compliance is different than public defiance. I doubt many folks have been protesting in Albany with an unregistered AR their shoulder, and I haven't seen any bump stocks at the club since Trump banned them.

I don't subscribe to the all-is-lost gloom. With some notable exceptions, America has generally been on a pro-gun trajectory for the past 30 years, most notably Shall Issue sweeping America. Here in Tennessee we've had good success repealing many draconian gun laws that our grandfathers and great grandfather imposed on us.

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast