Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncle Joe Says he will go Executive Order On Guns....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mattiep321 View Post
    Double Tap? no, don't think so...only hit the button once...am I being monitored for telling everyone to read "Unintended Consequences"? I didn't even say which author, geez!
    Good read! It was recommended to me back in the late 90's by a friend. I remember I had to order it because none of the local book stores had it. I've read it two or three times.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    I don't know if that's the best answer.

The best answer is, "It's not guns, it's not mental health, it's not racism...it's attitude. We need to fix the attitude of this country. Otherwise, we'll have gun violence whether or not people have legal access to guns. People have a total disregard for each other these days. We're kings in our own minds and if anyone should displease the king, that person should be put to death. We have sown the idea of corporate punishment in mass murderers: "Nobody is innocent and everybody deserves to pay with their lives for my hatred of the world." We have gotten rid of the idea of individual morality and instead teach that everybody is responsible for murder except the murderers themselves! Society let them down; they are to be pitied, not

That is what needs to be fixed. That's a tall order, and there's no one way to do it. We as a nation have to collectively decide that we've had enough of this shit. And because it's such a tall order, we can't give up our guns. Ever.
    Yeah, that's pretty much it. Call me a member of the tin foil hat brigade, but I think its a dark fact that this attitude in society is what the government wants. This way they can convince the public that we need more controls on our lives.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    There are no alternatives. Just different actors all competing to play the same role. First of all, the president has very little real power. His only real power is the platform of the office to sway public opinion, which he uses to advance whatever agenda his financiers approve. Take Trump for example. He successfully manipulated conservatives, who are normally critical of such things, to go along with lockdowns for a practically nonexistent virus, take an experimental vaccine for said virus, not only tolerate but champion universal basic income, and somehow gain praise from his allegedly fiscally conservative base for turning the printing presses on maximum. And let's not forget, it was under his administration that the pistol brace ban got started, and yet we're blaming Biden and his followers for it? Like Trump, Biden is just following the same script. Were Trump still in office, he would undoubtedly be doing the same thing.

And no it is not deep down the conspiracy rabbit hole. It's purely factual information that has been substantiated by a congressional investigation and reported in virtually every major media outlet. As far as objective facts can be said to exist, these more than qualify. Again, I challenge you to find one single thing I said that is not common factual knowledge. There's a free magazine with your name on it if you do.
    No way Trump tanked his presidency intentionally (well, this is pre-fraud) by instituting a lockdown. You know sometimes reality comes into play and not everything is a conspiracy: we hadn't faced a pandemic of that scale in a century, and Trump listened to the "experts". Any POTUS would likely defer to those considered "experts" in a given field, and in most cases he would be correct in doing so. Listening to that little bastard Fauci and his ilk was a mistake, one he tried to undo but the fix was in......they lambasted him for trying to return to normal. He was ignoring the "science".

And as far as stimulus payments go, quite frankly the .gov created the lockdown situation and subsequent crippling of the economy so IMHO there was indeed a responsibility to own the problem and try to help people out. That said, continuing the lockdowns (which became state decisions after the Federal one last Spring), stimulus payments, reinforced unemployment, and eviction prohibitions piggy-backed off of the early misguided efforts and snowballed to the situation we are in now. Once the initial assistance was given everything after that only ensured a s-l-o-w restart of the economy as the incentive to return to work wasn't there.

For the second time let me reiterate that the RKBA was a means to an end for Trump; he wasn't a true believer. You keep bringing the bump stock thing up and I never said Trump was a champion of the 2nd Amendment. So as far as the anti-gun arguments you can let go of those, I never said it wasn't true.

I still think, however, Trump was the lesser of two evils in both 2016 and 2020. If you recall his border efforts were stymied by fvckwad Federal judges and a "Republican" held Congress his first two years. Same with the repeal of Obamacare (remember asswipe McCain?).

As far as that Analytica crap goes if you think there was anything to it that they wouldn't have added it to their never-ending list of grievances against Trump you're kidding yourself. Apparently it wasn't all that.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    No way Trump tanked his presidency intentionally (well, this is pre-fraud) by instituting a lockdown. You know sometimes reality comes into play and not everything is a conspiracy: we hadn't faced a pandemic of that scale in a century, and Trump listened to the "experts". Any POTUS would likely defer to those considered "experts" in a given field, and in most cases he would be correct in doing so. Listening to that little bastard Fauci and his ilk was a mistake, one he tried to undo but the fix was in......they lambasted him for trying to return to normal. He was ignoring the "science".

And as far as stimulus payments go, quite frankly the .gov created the lockdown situation and subsequent crippling of the economy so IMHO there was indeed a responsibility to own the problem and try to help people out. That said, continuing the lockdowns (which became state decisions after the Federal one last Spring), stimulus payments, reinforced unemployment, and eviction prohibitions piggy-backed off of the early misguided efforts and snowballed to the situation we are in now. Once the initial assistance was given everything after that only ensured a s-l-o-w restart of the economy as the incentive to return to work wasn't there.

For the second time let me reiterate that the RKBA was a means to an end for Trump; he wasn't a true believer. You keep bringing the bump stock thing up and I never said Trump was a champion of the 2nd Amendment. So as far as the anti-gun arguments you can let go of those, I never said it wasn't true.

I still think, however, Trump was the lesser of two evils in both 2016 and 2020. If you recall his border efforts were stymied by fvckwad Federal judges and a "Republican" held Congress his first two years. Same with the repeal of Obamacare (remember asswipe McCain?).

As far as that Analytica crap goes if you think there was anything to it that they wouldn't have added it to their never-ending list of grievances against Trump you're kidding yourself. Apparently it wasn't all that.
    There is a lot of truth here.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Thank you sir.
    You're welcome.

And..... now it's a "done deal"

----------

GOA email April 10

Thanks to your help and persistence, Governor Lee signed SB 765 into law. This means, starting on July 1st, 21-year-old citizens of Tennessee will be able to conceal carry a handgun without having to beg the government for a permit.

Tennessee now joins the 19 other states that already recognized that Americans have the right to carry a gun for self-defense without first getting the government's approval to exercise their constitutional rights.

While it is a good step in the right direction and better than what the law is today, this is NOT a perfect Constitutional Carry bill. It has a higher age limit than other states, doesn’t cover long guns, and doesn’t change any gun free zones. Governor Lee was strongly urging this weaker Constitutional Carry bill to move. However, according to the Tennessean, House Majority Leader William Lamberth was quoted saying, “This bill is not the end of the journey."

GOA will continue to push for enhancements to Constitutional Carry and other pro-gun bills in Tennessee.

GOA believes it is important for you to know where your legislators stand, so according to the Tennessee Legislature Website, here is how your legislators voted:

HOUSE
    The 64 State Representatives who voted AYE (Yes):
    Alexander, Baum, Boyd, Bricken, Calfee, Campbell S, Carr, Carringer, Casada, Cepicky, Cochran, Crawford, Curcio, Darby, Doggett, Eldridge, Faison, Farmer, Gant, Garrett, Griffey, Grills, Halford, Hall, Haston, Hawk, Helton, Hicks G, Hicks T, Holsclaw, Howell, Hulsey, Hurt, Johnson C, Kumar, Lafferty, Lamberth, Leatherwood, Littleton, Lynn, Marsh, Moody, Moon, Powers, Ragan, Reedy, Rudd, Rudder, Russell, Sexton J, Sherrell, Smith, Sparks, Terry, Todd, Travis, Vaughan, Warner, Weaver, Williams, Windle, Wright, Zachary, and Mr. Speaker Sexton C.

The 29 State Representatives who voted No:
    Beck, Camper, Chism, Clemmons, Cooper, Dixie, Freeman, Gillespie, Hakeem, Hardaway, Harris, Hazlewood, Hodges, Jernigan, Johnson G, Lamar, Love, Mannis, McKenzie, Miller, Mitchell, Parkinson, Potts, Powell, Shaw, Stewart, Thompson, White, and Whitson.

SENATE
    The 23 State Senators who voted AYE (Yes):
    Bailey, Bell, Bowling, Crowe, Gardenhire, Hensley, Jackson, Johnson, Lundberg, Niceley, Pody, Powers, Reeves, Roberts, Rose, Southerland, Stevens, Swann, Walley, Watson, White, Yager, and Mr. Speaker McNally.

The 9 State Senators who voted No:
    Akbari, Briggs, Campbell, Gilmore, Kelsey, Kyle, Massey, Robinson, and Yarbro.

Please use our Legislator Lookup tool to find your State Representative and Senator and either “Thank or Spank” them accordingly by writing an email explaining how you feel about their vote!

Also, please THANK Governor Bill Lee for signing permitless carry into law, and urge him to support enhancing it and getting it closer to pure Constitutional Carry!
    In Liberty,

Erich Pratt
    Senior Vice President
    Gun Owners of America
    Follow me on Twitter: @erichmpratt
    Follow me on Parler: @pratterich

P.S. Please distribute this alert to your pro-gun family and friends and urge them to Take Action!
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 04-10-21 at 10:09.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post

Dude, Trump played us like fiddles. He was talking out both sides of his mouth the whole time. First of all, he said the pandemic was, to paraphrase, blown way out of proportion (which is true). Then he said well okay it's a real pandemic but hydroxychloroquine will cure it, so there's nothing to worry about, but oh wait now we need to take this experimental vaccine for a disease that poses no threat to 99.99% of people, and is easily curable in the .01% who are at risk.

At the end of the day, no one has been able to answer the question as to why we shut down the global economy over a disease that's hardly more than the seasonal flu. And don't give me the whole if we can save one life spiel, because shutting down the economy killed way more people than it saved, even from the perspective of criminals like Fauci. This is not a severe pandemic as has been claimed. The response to it has just made it appear that way. And it was deliberate. Fauci and company deliberately mislead the public to gain support for the lockdowns. That my dude is called a conspiracy.

And they're not owning the problem by redistributing our money. Owning the problem would be tax refunds. What they did was misappropriate a whole lot of taxes for their own enrichment and the advancement of their own global agenda, then give us the table scraps. They even stole from people who don't have income, because all the money they printed is tantamount to stealing from those peoples' children and grandchildren. And indefinitely confiscating rental property from landlords is most certainly not "owning" the problem. Especially since the landlords are still on the hook for payments and taxes.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    At the end of the day, no one has been able to answer the question as to why we shut down the global economy over a disease that's hardly more than the seasonal flu.
    During the average year around 40,000 folks die from the flu. About 520,000 folks died in the first year of covid. 13x the number of dead folks is not "hardly more" by any normal use of the English language. I agree with many of your conclusions, but I remember early on when a lot of folks were saying it was all overblown and there was no way the number of deaths would surpass the flu. Covid is/was a big deal. That being said I think it is clear we should never have bothered with the shut-downs. Not because covid wasn't a big deal, but because the shut-downs turned out to be no more effective than basic measures like social distancing, masks, and encouraging the most at risk to shelter-in.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    During the average year around 40,000 folks die from the flu. About 520,000 folks died in the first year of covid. 13x the number of dead folks is not "hardly more" by any normal use of English language. I agree with many of your conclusions, but I remember early on when a lot of folks were saying it was all overblown and there was no way the number of deaths would surpass the flu. Covid is/was a big deal.
    If they calculated flu deaths with the same criteria, you would get very similar results. The VAST majority of covid deaths, were they positive for the flu, flu would not have been the cause of death. The level of fraud was and likely still is off the charts. They were trying to say people who died in car accidents were covid deaths, and literally defending that position on television when caught red handed doing it. The truth is that the scale of the fraud will never be known, but all evidence says it's probably far beyond what any of us would likely imagine. And what did they expect? They were literally bribing hospitals to put covid on the death certificates by any hook or crook necessary.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    If they calculated flu deaths with the same criteria, you would get very similar results. The VAST majority of covid deaths, were they positive for the flu, flu would not have been the cause of death. The level of fraud was and likely still is off the charts. They were trying to say people who died in car accidents were covid deaths, and literally defending that position on television when caught red handed doing it. The truth is that the scale of the fraud will never be known, but all evidence says it's probably far beyond what any of us would likely imagine. And what did they expect? They were literally bribing hospitals to put covid on the death certificates by any hook or crook necessary.
    Okay, I work in a hospital and freaking COVID is real. Fatality rate is also about 1.8% nationally, so this oft-repeated "99.9% survive" is bullshit. Math is a bitch: 0.1% and 1.8% means you're off by about 18x. Is it TEOTWAWKI? Hardly. Did we need to strangle the world's strongest economy because of it? No. Was it a VERY convenient excuse to exercise massive voter fraud? Oh you bet it was. But please spare me the tinfoil crap about it being a hoax.

Another thing, to quote you: "And indefinitely confiscating rental property from landlords is most certainly not 'owning' the problem." I said, CLEARLY, in the post you quoted that "....continuing the lockdowns (which became state decisions after the Federal one last Spring), stimulus payments, reinforced unemployment, and eviction prohibitions piggy-backed off of the early misguided efforts and snowballed to the situation we are in now.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I had two of my 40 something year old relatives in the hospital on oxygen. I personally knew 4 people who died. I have various people I work with who had loved ones die (ranging from 40s-70s). I have never in 47 years of my life seen that many people die from the flu---Total, not to mention in one year. I agree that there were cases of fraud and this whole thing was poisoned by politics (on both sides), but it's absurd to claim this was not a big deal and was mostly political.

Okay, I work in a hospital and freaking COVID is real. Fatality rate is also about 1.8% nationally, so this oft-repeated "99.9% survive" is bullshit. Math is a bitch: 0.1% and 1.8% means you're off by about 18x. Is it TEOTWAWKI? Hardly. Did we need to strangle the world's strongest economy because of it? No. Was it a VERY convenient excuse to exercise massive voter fraud? Oh you bet it was. But please spare me the tinfoil crap about it being a hoax.
    Exactly. Unfortunately when you try to make the points about the shut downs and voter fraud you have to undo the damage done by people who are pushing stuff like this.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast