Thread: My “COMBAT!” assortment

Feedback Score

My “COMBAT!” assortment

Whenever I posted my Tommy gun, references where made to “COMBAT!”, the 1960ies television series starring Vic Morrow as Sgt Saunders. I had never seen that series, guess it was not broadcasted in Switzerland (and I wasn’t born when it first aired).

Anyway I thought I’d check it out, and I am now hooked and 28 episodes into season 1 thanks to YouTube.

It also motivated me to find a nice M1 carbine (which I’ve already shown), and they are still quite cheap here in Switzerland.

Today was the perfect day to put my WWII US hardware together for a photo shoot.

The Thompson is a Savage made Auto Ordnance 1928 A1 made in 1941 and a British Lend Lease. It is GEG inspected.

The M1 carbine is an Underwood Elliott Fisher Company made in 1944 and it did not get the end of war or post war upgrades. It’s GHD inspected.

The Colt 1911 A1 was made in 1943 and GHD inspected

The Remington Rand is a 1943 made type II and is FJA inspected

The S&W Victory was also made in 1943, is also a British lend lease in .38 S&W and is also GHD inspected

I guess I really need a Garand now (and there’s a nice H&R for sale locally, although it’s a bit pricey).

And a BAR.
    Last edited by OLIAR15; 03-28-21 at 10:01.

Feedback Score
    Sweet!

Now do "Rat Patrol"
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    Nice guns, but your outdoors photography looks spectacular.

Feedback Score
    “Combat!” was one of my favorite TV shows when I was a kid. Nice collection (although IIRC Sergeant Saunders had a Thompson M1 with horizontal forend), now all you need is a BAR.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Ol, that collection is GTG. Very cool man.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Great pics! Thanks for sharing. How long has it taken you to put this collection together?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by donlapalma View Post
    Great pics! Thanks for sharing. How long has it taken you to put this collection together?
    It started in April 2013 with the purchase of the Colt 1911A1