Page 43 of 81 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Vaccine Status Thread

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Currently Delta accounts for 80-90% of covid cases in the US, so does not make a stretch to think that's what she has. Confirmation is not a simple test, but DNA sequencing and that takes time. It does seem a wave of people, younger healthy types, are getting sick, and that too would make sense if Delta so much more infectious than prior strains. See:

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2021/...d-19-variants/
    The Delta virus has a different protein chain and the spiker smaller which is why younger people come up particularly children, are more susceptible to it over version one. It is the same variants as chickenpox, the R naught is about 8.5.

That said, even though it's more virulent, and people are getting sicker from it, for 99.9% of the people who get it, it's really no worse.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    I would sure encourage her to go to one of those online drs & get a script for ivermectin...it sure seems to help on the recovery time.
    Thanks. You are the second person to mention that medicine. Right now she's managing the condition with Tylenol. I will tell her.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    The Delta virus has a different protein chain and the spiker smaller which is why younger people come up particularly children, are more susceptible to it over version one. It is the same variants as chickenpox, the R naught is about 8.5.

That said, even though it's more virulent, and people are getting sicker from it, for 99.9% of the people who get it, it's really no worse.
    By younger, I meant 20/30s ("young-ish"?) and have not heard anything on children. Hopefully in their case as you say, symptoms are minimal. I'm seeing Young-ish people, healthy and fit, no co morbidity, getting sicker and hospitalized than we'd normally expect in that population. Just my observations, will be interesting to see if data starts to reflect that or not as it's compiled.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post

Almost seems as if this variant is beginning to become like the Spanish Flu, i.e. hitting younger, more healthy adults harder. Yeah, I know that it was cytokine storms in 1918 from young and healthy immune systems doing the damage but just the age group is in line with that century-old scourge. That might end the similarities but just throwing that out there.

Oh, and screw China.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Thanks. You are the second person to mention that medicine. Right now she's managing the condition with Tylenol. I will tell her.
    No problem...budesonide / nebulizer along with zinc / vit d & a z-pak are often tagged teamed with ivermectin.

Usually knocks it out asap...best of luck.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    No problem...budesonide / nebulizer along with zinc / vit d & a z-pak are often tagged teamed with ivermectin.

Usually knocks it out asap...best of luck.
    Do it. I ordered both from speakwithanmd.com/americasfrontlinedoctors/

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by czgunner; 07-31-21 at 22:34.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    A friend of mine got her first covid vaccine two Fridays ago. Yesterday, exactly one week after the first shot, she was tested positive for covid. Not saying the vaccine was ineffective, she might have contracted the wuhan flu before the vaccine or anytime since, as we have no clue. Everyone react differently to this disease. For the proponent of the vaccine, it just didn't have enough time to do its thing.

She lost her voice, achy and exhausted. She's been feeling that way for at least 2 days.

About a year ago, her 8 year old daughter had covid, with only cold like symptoms, while she herself didn't get it.
    Yes, a week after the first dose gives you essentially no protection yet. That's been known for a long time.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    Do it. I ordered both from amercanfrontlinedoctors dot com
    Please check that, it appears to be a dead domain. "No Sponsors This domain currently does not have any sponsors for you."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Please check that, it appears to be a dead domain. "No Sponsors This domain currently does not have any sponsors for you."
    Sorry, fixed it

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    So far, I know a handful of people who are very health conscious, active, young / youngish, who have gotten quite sick and ended up in the hospital recently. Worst by far is Bill Phillips. Anyone who was big into bodybuilding and fitness back in the day knows the name, he was the publisher of Muscle Media (which I wrote for), owner of EAS, wrote the highly successful diet book Body For Life, etc. He's lucky to be alive, and has a long road of recoup ahead of him. His wife just posted his experience with pic:

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=...=a.25375426606
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 43 of 81 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast