Page 23 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Vaccine Status Thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    No one I know who was sick had lasting side effects and all those who went to the hospital were in their 70s. Several had no symptoms and several had minor symptoms like loss of smell and taste. Those were in their late 30s - 40s.
    You have to keep in mind my perspective of things (i.e. as a Respiratory Therapist) but the majority of patients I've sent home with oxygen due to COVID have come off the oxygen a couple months later when I see them to re-evaluate. That said, there have been a minority of cases where they still have lung issues. The Pulmonary docs tell me that "honeycomb" patterns appear in chest X-rays of most of these ones who still have problems. Now there are also purportedly some lingering long-term clotting, renal, liver, "brain fog", non-respiratory issues but that isn't in my lane so to speak. I can only comment on what I personally see.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    You have to keep in mind my perspective of things (i.e. as a Respiratory Therapist) but the majority of patients I've sent home with oxygen due to COVID have come off the oxygen a couple months later when I see them to re-evaluate. That said, there have been a minority of cases where they still have lung issues. The Pulmonary docs tell me that "honeycomb" patterns appear in chest X-rays of most of these ones who still have problems. Now there are also purportedly some lingering long-term clotting, renal, liver, "brain fog", non-respiratory issues but that isn't in my lane so to speak. I can only comment on what I personally see.
    AKA, Post Covid Syndromes, some of which are being seen in people who were without serious symptoms otherwise.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    No one I know who was sick had lasting side effects and all those who went to the hospital were in their 70s. Several had no symptoms and several had minor symptoms like loss of smell and taste. Those were in their late 30s - 40s.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    I have a couple colleagues in their late-40s/early-50s who got it pretty bad; one, a good friend with whom I used to work in the ED (he's 52), spent 2 weeks in the ICU and was that close to being put on a vent. This was December. He still has a hard time walking from here to there without getting winded.

But to your point, the majority of the people I know who had it bad were older (>60).
    Last edited by chuckman; 05-17-21 at 09:21. Reason: can't grammar on Monday mornings....

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Son came home from college on Monday. Got the J&J shot last night. Sick all day today with fever and vomiting. He was exposed 3 or more times last year at school through his teammates. First couple of times, he was mildly ill. Third time, a few months ago, he said he spent the first 48 hours with a high fever laying on the shower floor because the tile was cool. Essentially the worst flu he's had and then he got over it over a 5~7 day period. Tests showed he had no residual heart or lung issues afterwards which has impacted some. Of the dozen or so teammates who caught it at some point, he has two who caught it early in this mess this time last year who are still having breathing issues. The one I know personally was a beefy D1 athlete who now gets winded pretty quickly.
    Last edited by mrbieler; 05-19-21 at 18:34.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbieler View Post
    Son came home from college on Monday. Got the J&J shot last night. Sick all day today with fever and vomiting. He was exposed 3 or more times last year at school through his teammates. First couple of times, he was mildly ill. Third time, a few months ago, he said he spent the first 48 hours with a high fever laying on the shower floor because the tile was cool. Essentially the worst flu he's had and then he got over it over a 5~7 day period. Tests showed he had no residual heart or lung issues afterwards which has impacted some. Of the dozen or so teammates who caught it at some point, he has two who caught it early in this mess this time last year who are still having breathing issues. The one I know personally was a beefy D1 athlete who now gets winded pretty quickly.
    So he got it 3 times in a year? No antibodies?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

He tested negative the first 2 times, but was feeling sick when others were testing positive in his group. Through the fall and early winter, they worked out and practiced mostly in clusters. When they came back in January, they were all together working out and at practice getting ready for their season. Honestly, with kids and kids in school it's hard to say what they catch, but it definitely made the rounds and he tested positive and on his ass for a couple of days the 3rd time. When he tested positive, 11 kids of the 40 man roster were positive and 4 or 5, including my son, were symptomatic. The team was constantly being tested with the spit cup tests and he always came up negative up until this last time.
    Last edited by mrbieler; 05-19-21 at 19:49.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbieler View Post
    I hope your son recovers quickly and fully from the J&J shot. I assume he got that because his college required it? What is the point of vaccination for someone who's had and recovered from the illness in the prior year?

Are we really supposed to believe that the vaccine will produce immunity if actual illness and recovery didn't do so?

Does anyone else want to take a "vaccine" that causes illness comparable to the disease it's intended to prevent?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    ... Does anyone else want to take a "vaccine" that causes illness comparable to the disease it's intended to prevent?
    Well, everyone reacts differently. I’m in my 60’s and had no adverse reaction to either one of the Moderna inoculations.

I really can’t see why anyone who has already survived a bout of COVID would bother with the shots. I also don’t see why any young person would get it (when the odds of surviving COVID are so good).

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdWatcher View Post
    I really can’t see why anyone who has already survived a bout of COVID would bother with the shots.
    This is my question and statement - does the "vaccine" do anything beneficial for someone who survived and recovered from the actual illness?

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdWatcher View Post
    I also don’t see why any young person would get it (when the odds of surviving COVID are so good).
    I don't see any GOOD or logical reason a young person would get the vaccines, especially given that the vaccines seem to have more adverse reactions in younger people. Yet most colleges and universities are requiring all of their students to be vaccinated or effectively kicked out of school - some won't even allow 100% remote learning for students who choose not to get vaccinated. This suggests an agenda is at work. Much like Fauci's double-masking idiocy that he knew at the time was worthless.

To be clear, I'm not Jenny McCarthy, and I've had the usual range of proven, FDA-approved vaccines against various serious diseases that are now mostly eradicated. I am against forcing an unproven and experimental treatment upon people who get little or no personal benefit from it, when the long term side effects are unknown, and there is a known, if small, chance of severe immediate side effects. If an informed adult wants to take an experimental treatment without coercion I'm OK with that, but it should not be forced on people, nor used for children when the risk/benefit calculation for kids is mostly risk, near zero benefit.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    I hope your son recovers quickly and fully from the J&J shot. I assume he got that because his college required it? What is the point of vaccination for someone who's had and recovered from the illness in the prior year?

Are we really supposed to believe that the vaccine will produce immunity if actual illness and recovery didn't do so?

Does anyone else want to take a "vaccine" that causes illness comparable to the disease it's intended to prevent?
    To be fair a lot of meds are like that. There's always a risk of some kind of reaction.

Studies have shown that antibodies diminish over the course of about 6 months but don't completely disappear. How "immune" you'll be will probably have too many variables to say for sure. They did mention that there's a poss that booster shots will be required every year.

The reason to vaccinate even those who were sick is consistency.

Page 23 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast