Page 25 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Vaccine Status Thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    ... I am against forcing an unproven and experimental treatment upon people who get little or no personal benefit from it, when the long term side effects are unknown, and there is a known, if small, chance of severe immediate side effects. If an informed adult wants to take an experimental treatment without coercion I'm OK with that, but it should not be forced on people, nor used for children when the risk/benefit calculation for kids is mostly risk, near zero benefit.
    +1. I am not in favor of forcing other people to put anything in their bodies against their will but they have to be prepared to accept the consequences (without blaming others). It would help if science wasn’t so politicized in this country.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    They didn’t do this for AIDS or polio but now all of a sudden I “must” get a foreign thing put in my body to do things?

Nah….

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    They didn’t do this for AIDS or polio but now all of a sudden I “must” get a foreign thing put in my body to do things?

Nah….
    Actually, polio vaccination is required for school in all 50 states and DC.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

Nah….
    You cannot get HIV from standing next to a person and other than the idiot anti vax parents who do not get their kids vaccinated*, all school systems require kids to have that polio vaccine. Having said that, no, I would not ever concede to mandatory vaccines for covid, but (1) it may preclude you from being able to do things like travel, enter private business, etc and (2) only way this thing gets under control and some form of normalcy returns is via exposure, and or, vaccine, and the latter will cause far less death and destruction.

* = Some diseases like Polio, Mumps, etc making a comeback due to those idiots parents.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post

* = Some diseases like Polio, Mumps, etc making a comeback due to those idiots parents.
    Unvaxxed immigrants have a lot to do with the resurgence of diseases we had all but eliminated CONUS. There are SOME legitimate questions about vaccinations, but most of the crap I see is paranoia. I believe in the safety and efficacy of vaccines, just not real interested in getting this one. Not skeert of the boogeybug.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    Unvaxxed immigrants have a lot to do with the resurgence of diseases we had all but eliminated CONUS. There are SOME legitimate questions about vaccinations, but most of the crap I see is paranoia. I believe in the safety and efficacy of vaccines, just not real interested in getting this one. Not skeert of the boogeybug.
    I'm less worried about the current vaccines than I am of getting covid, and want it to go away for us all, and there's only one of 2 ways that will happen: exposure to the virus and or vaccines. The latter will lead to far less death and destruction.

We have some who will say "Not worried about Covid as it 'only' kills 1%" and followed by "Not getting the shots because 0.00000003% may have developed a blod clot"

While the risk/benefit is much higher in favor of some groups more than others to be sure for the shots, it still favors even those at low risk of serious complications/death, and is the fastest way to get it under control so we can get back to "normal" what ever the hell that will be post covid.

Finally, the reasons many (most?) state as to why they don't plan to get the shot are demonstrably false, like it alters your DNA, yada yada.

It is a personal decision, but, a decision that should at least be made using accurate intel.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The amount of fear covid has caused with even the most intelligent folks is absolutely mind boggling...
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I'm less worried about the current vaccines than I am of getting covid, and want it to go away for us all, and there's only one of 2 ways that will happen: exposure to the virus and or vaccines. The latter will lead to far less death and destruction.

We have some who will say "Not worried about Covid as it 'only' kills 1%" and followed by "Not getting the shots because 0.00000003% may have developed a blod clot"

While the risk/benefit is much higher in favor of some groups more than others to be sure for the shots, it still favors even those at low risk of serious complications/death, and is the fastest way to get it under control so we can get back to "normal" what ever the hell that will be post covid.

Finally, the reasons many (most?) state as to why they don't plan to get the shot are demonstrably false, like it alters your DNA, yada yada.

It is a personal decision, but, a decision that should at least be made using accurate intel.
    My reason is simple. F U ! (Not you personally). I don't think they're unsafe although long term effects...?????

HOWEVER

I was told by Kamala and Biden and Cuomo it's dangerous and they don't trust it. So there they go. If they didn't than why should I now? Has something about the way it's made changed? How has it become safer? I want a press conference as to why it was dangerous before the election!

They can try to shame all they want, I'm the wrong person for that and it's going to take A LOT more than some shitty piss beer and a $5 bribe. Especially when you give ultimatums on freedom. Get the shot to have freedom. Ummm....no! Not the way it works.

I don't care about travel. I don't fly. If I go somewhere I drive. If they don't want me there then I can keep my money in my pocket. I also don't visit chain restaurants, and most corporate stores....etc .... Never have. I don't remember the last time I was at Walmart maybe 2019. Never been to an Applebee's or Olive Garden..... maybe as a small child. I think Costco is the only real corporate store I visit and I can live without it. I only go there for the meat section.

There's literally nothing they can hold over me to make me do it.

This is what you get when you politicize science.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 05-21-21 at 10:57.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    The amount of fear covid has caused with even the most intelligent folks is absolutely mind boggling...
    When this got started.

I picks up the phone and call my buddy, and ICU and ER doc in the chit.

"Dude, is this legit or is it overblown doc?"

"It's legit Will. So far, we have a pretty good handle on who is at serious risk, and once in a while I get someone who gets into deep trouble fast for reasons I can't explain."

"So not just the flue doc?"

"Negative Will, it is not just the flue"

And on we went to discuss what was working and what was not clinically and so forth. Things have improved greatly since that time and what is seeing these days are younger people who didn't get the vaccine, some with obvious co morbidity (obesity), some without.

I send him and others in my loop studies and such in hopes it helps, and to further my own understandings of it.

Yes, "they" have instilled a fear in folks, and unfortunately, people just don't respond without it, and it's a real double edge sword that.

People complain when they act as if it's the plague and ebola combined, yet will do nadda if public health officials attempt to actually treat people like adults, urging them to use some common sense.

There's more than enough med pros on this forum etc who will however tell you some fear is warranted if that motivates people to do what is needed to protect themselves and others, assuming they care about anyone but themselves...
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    My reason is simple. F U ! (Not you personally). I don't think they're unsafe although long term effects...?????

HOWEVER

I was told by Kamala and Biden and Cuomo it's dangerous and they don't trust it. So there they go. If they didn't than why should I now? Has something about the way it's made changed? How has it become safer? I want a press conference as to why it was dangerous before the election!

They can try to shame all they want, I'm the wrong person for that and it's going to take A LOT more than some shitty piss beer and a $5 bribe. Especially when you give ultimatums on freedom. Get the shot to have freedom. Ummm....no! Not the way it works.

I don't care about travel. I don't fly. If I go somewhere I drive. If they don't want me there then I can keep my money in my pocket. I also don't visit chain restaurants, and most corporate stores....etc .... Never have. I don't remember the last time I was at Walmart maybe 2019. Never been to an Applebee's or Olive Garden..... maybe as a small child. I think Costco is the only real corporate store I visit and I can live without it. I only go there for the meat section.

There's literally nothing they can hold over me to make me do it.

This is what you get when you politicize science.
    On that we agree for sure. When this is finally over, there will be a lot of finger pointing and most of them will be true.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 25 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast