Page 27 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Vaccine Status Thread

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TBAR_94 View Post
    I’m about a month out from the second Moderna. I felt like I took a baseball bat to the arm after the first shot, and the second one gave me a fever, headache, and general lousy feeling for about 24 hours. I am fairly certain I had an asymptomatic case of C19 previously to the shot, because I was around multiple coworkers who got it around New Years, but I was too lazy to get antibody testing to know for sure—anecdotal evidence is people who had a case get hit with harder side effects from what I’m told. No issues since the night after the shot. Way less unpleasant than the smallpox vaccine—that one knocked me on my ass when I got it pre deployment a decade ago.

I’m glad I did it—it gets me out of wearing masks and generally makes life easier.
    They recommend within 2 -3 weeks. Why the lengthy delay?
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TBAR_94 View Post
    anecdotal evidence is people who had a case get hit with harder side effects from what I’m told. .
    I heard the opposite. If you already had it the body doesn't react as strongly because there's already some amount of immunity

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Sorry, I guess I was unclear...that’s what I get for posting before coffee has kicked in. I got the shots the recommended 21 days apart, and got the second one a month ago. I was trying to say that in that month I’ve had no issues beyond the initial 24 hour reaction. I’ve traveled and been a lot less “COVID conscious” in general since then, so it seems to be working.
    OEF / OIR / OFS

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    [QUOTE=Arik;2951804]I heard the opposite. If you already had it the body doesn't react as strongly because there's already some amount of immunity

Ha, that’s the root cause of 90% of the drama in this whole thing—everyone hears something different so truth becomes hard to figure out.
    OEF / OIR / OFS

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    [QUOTE=TBAR_94;2951846]
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I heard the opposite. If you already had it the body doesn't react as strongly because there's already some amount of immunity

Ha, that’s the root cause of 90% of the drama in this whole thing—everyone hears something different so truth becomes hard to figure out.
    My friend who had Covid, another co-worker and I both got the 1st and 2nd Moderna vaccine on the same days:

I had a bit of fatigue after the first, a little less after the second. My arm was no more sore than with any other injection.

The co-worker (covid free) had a very sore arm both times, no other symptoms.

My friend had a very sore arm both times, and 4-8 hours of covid-ish symptoms after the second shot.

I don't think there is any way to predict how the vaccine will affect a person.

Andy

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I know a big strong weight lifter type in his 40s on a ventilator now and his wife said his prognosis is not good. We would be further ahead on various fronts had both sides not immediately used it as a political football. That is a fact.

Our politicians, per usual, let us down when it counted and put us in the middle of their ego driven pissing matches, still ongoing.
    Why do you think athletic types are being hit so hard by the virus?
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    Why do you think athletic types are being hit so hard by the virus?
    Not sure that is the case or we just notice more due their being in otherwise good shape. Most of the active healthy people I know who had it pretty much brushed it off like a mild cold, so when some who does not fit the usual reasons for getting hit hard, it seems highly magnified. He was also one of those just-the-flue-only-kills-1% types who took few precautions, and perhaps it was a matter of viral load as to why those that dont otherwise fit the usual co morbidities for serious complications/death get really sick.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    We know kids are the least likely to catch COVID and the least likely to get (real) sick with COVID, but we are still pushing for vaccination. Then there's this:

https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...yt-2021-05-22/

I understand the point is not because kids might get it, but rather they might get it and transmit it. Still, with low-risk populations I am thinking we need to hit the pause button.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    We know kids are the least likely to catch COVID and the least likely to get (real) sick with COVID, but we are still pushing for vaccination. Then there's this:

https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...yt-2021-05-22/

I understand the point is not because kids might get it, but rather they might get it and transmit it. Still, with low-risk populations I am thinking we need to hit the pause button.
    I don't understand the problem. Those who want to get vaccinated can and won't have a problem if kids can transmit the virus. Stop worrying so much about everyone else. I've never seen such selfless love for fellow man (sarcasm).

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    A buddy and I were both told to come back after 28 days for the second Moderna shot.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Page 27 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast