Page 33 of 81 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Vaccine Status Thread

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    The other thread was recently closed Sam, probably why you see infiltration back into this one.....which is why I started it. But there were a couple folks who went below the line in my view which likely warranted closing or cleanup.
    Another mod shut that one down. That's what happened when people don't play nice. I'm not going to overrule him.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    As I mentioned in the other thread, I took both doses of the Pfizer in March. By mid-April, years of Tinnitus seemed to have diminished or almost totally gone away. I am on no other drugs, and prior to the Pfizer doses, nothing since the late Summer and early Fall when I did the two dose Shingles vaccine, and a Tetanus shot. I already have some hearing loss that is Army related in the left ear, but the Tinnitus has been in both years. I wasn't just a sudden revelation, but a gradual realization that it was nearly gone. Since mid-April, I would say about a 90% reduction in that problem, and I am extremely happy. I would be a total fool to think that the two dose Pfizer did something to alter it, but it was the only variable I can come up with.

One thing I am finding is people are going off the charts wacko when they encounter anyone who has taken the COVID vaccines. I have never seen such a visceral hatred and seething rage when gun forum so-called Conservatives are attacking others of the same political beliefs regarding taking the vaccine. It has gone as far as making lists and trying to out people with their personal info on various forums. I could care less if someone takes the vaccines or not. It's not that big of a deal for me, and I think that as traditional American Conservatives, we've got bigger problems in our society that we are going to face. That's a kind of evil with attacking people, I thought was the tactic of the Communist Left. I guess when you go to the extreme fringe of any belief system, it starts getting weird.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    As I mentioned in the other thread, I took both doses of the Pfizer in March. By mid-April, years of Tinnitus seemed to have diminished or almost totally gone away. I am on no other drugs, and prior to the Pfizer doses, nothing since the late Summer and early Fall when I did the two dose Shingles vaccine, and a Tetanus shot. I already have some hearing loss that is Army related in the left ear, but the Tinnitus has been in both years. I wasn't just a sudden revelation, but a gradual realization that it was nearly gone. Since mid-April, I would say about a 90% reduction in that problem, and I am extremely happy. I would be a total fool to think that the two dose Pfizer did something to alter it, but it was the only variable I can come up with.

One thing I am finding is people are going off the charts wacko when they encounter anyone who has taken the COVID vaccines. I have never seen such a visceral hatred and seething rage when gun forum so-called Conservatives are attacking others of the same political beliefs regarding taking the vaccine. It has gone as far as making lists and trying to out people with their personal info on various forums. I could care less if someone takes the vaccines or not. It's not that big of a deal for me, and I think that as traditional American Conservatives, we've got bigger problems in our society that we are going to face. That's a kind of evil with attacking people, I thought was the tactic of the Communist Left. I guess when you go to the extreme fringe of any belief system, it starts getting weird.
    I chalk it up to the latest wave of “all or nothing”. It didn’t used to be that way.

Me, personally: I am not taking it and don’t think it should be “mandatory”. This is why we have the 9th Amendment

THAT SAID: if someone else takes it voluntarily then that is fine with me. It’s not like the Mark of the Beast or anything.

I mean, dude Eff 1984. 2021 is way way worse. The Unpersoning. The doxxing. The fact that people across the country are tut-tutting you on something that will absolutely never affect them.

In the 90s I used to joke about it all coming down to Nazi Republicans and Soviet Democrats but….

Jeezus Christ dude! Seriously. It has gotten way out of hand. I thought things were weird during the Dubya years but those days now seem like fricking the 1950s or something with how quaint it seems.

I’m still your buddy, man. At least as much as I can be on the internet. I’m super curious about it helping your tinnitus. I have it too and it sucks.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I chalk it up to the latest wave of “all or nothing”. It didn’t used to be that way.

Me, personally: I am not taking it and don’t think it should be “mandatory”. This is why we have the 9th Amendment

THAT SAID: if someone else takes it voluntarily then that is fine with me. It’s not like the Mark of the Beast or anything.

I mean, dude Eff 1984. 2021 is way way worse. The Unpersoning. The doxxing. The fact that people across the country are tut-tutting you on something that will absolutely never affect them.

In the 90s I used to joke about it all coming down to Nazi Republicans and Soviet Democrats but….

Jeezus Christ dude! Seriously. It has gotten way out of hand. I thought things were weird during the Dubya years but those days now seem like fricking the 1950s or something with how quaint it seems.

I’m still your buddy, man. At least as much as I can be on the internet. I’m super curious about it helping your tinnitus. I have it too and it sucks.
    Yeah, I am over the mask/vaccine virtue signaling from both sides.

For what its worth, I am vaccinated and do not think it should be mandatory. I don't judge anyone regardless if they get vaccinated or not because it simply does not affect me one way or another.

We shooters and freedom lovers REALLY need to have each other's backs right now and I hate to see a wedge driven between us.

Also, Moderna did nothing for my tinnitus, but I am glad OH58D got some relief.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 06-02-21 at 21:38.

Feedback Score
    Vaccine status...

-----

Fully Vaccinated Adults 65 and Older Are 94% Less Likely to Be Hospitalized with COVID-19

Both mRNA COVID-19 vaccines (Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna) authorized and recommended in the United States protect against COVID-19-related hospitalization among adults 65 years and older, according to a new CDC assessment that finds fully vaccinated adults 65 years and older were 94% less likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 than people of the same age who were not vaccinated. People 65 and older who were partially vaccinated were 64% less likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 than people who were not vaccinated. People were considered “partially vaccinated” two weeks after their first dose of mRNA vaccine and “fully vaccinated” two weeks after their second dose.

These are the first real-world findings in the United States confirming clinical trial data showing mRNA vaccines prevent severe COVID-19 illness. The findings provide additional support for CDC’s recommendation for COVID-19 vaccination among people 65 and older in the U.S. population under the Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for the applicable COVID-19 vaccine as the risk for severe illness with COVID-19 increases with age, with older adults at highest risk.

More here: https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2...pitalized.html
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 06-03-21 at 06:29.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I got the first dose of moderna yesterday. I really didn’t want to, but the army has been pushing it more and more, in every unofficial way that they can. I was ok holding off until a potential trip to Germany came up, with the vax being mandatory, and that was enough to convince me. I better be able to go now.

I didn’t want to for many of the reasons people state here - don’t trust a lot of the news around the whole pandemic, seemed like it was rushed to market without any real way to know long term side effects, I even saw an article the other day saying that they’re still trying to figure out when people need the booster. If they don’t know that yet, I’m not sure how anyone can claim that we know enough about the vax to be giving it to everyone.

The biggest reason though, is that I don’t feel like I needed it. I’m 30 and pretty healthy. We went on a brief quarantine early on but have been working like normal since 11 May 2020, and unofficially working before that. We almost never followed social distancing and mask rules. I was in bars in another state in March where you couldn’t walk around without touching multiple people. We’ve been crammed on aircraft, packed into conference rooms, and all sorts of other “high risk” activities for over a year now, with people that travel all over the world. Even with all of that, our positive rate has been pretty low in my opinion and I’ve never felt like I’ve had symptoms. Short of playing spin the bottle, I don’t know how I could have been any more likely to catch something in my daily life and never did as far as I know so it really doesn’t feel anywhere near as big as the hype to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I got the first dose of moderna yesterday. I really didn’t want to, but the army has been pushing it more and more, in every unofficial way that they can. I was ok holding off until a potential trip to Germany came up, with the vax being mandatory, and that was enough to convince me. I better be able to go now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ironically my son, stationed with the Army in Italy, had multiple exercises in Germany. He is also getting vaccinated (in part) to remove obstacles for personal travel.

Purely my opinion and strong distrust of the military machine after 20 years, but I have to think that part of the reason for the push is to gather data from a young, healthy, and documented slice of the population. I know part of the reason is just what you detailed - the military is a hotbed for communicable disease.

Andy

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post

One thing I am finding is people are going off the charts wacko when they encounter anyone who has taken the COVID vaccines. I have never seen such a visceral hatred and seething rage when gun forum so-called Conservatives are attacking others of the same political beliefs regarding taking the vaccine. It has gone as far as making lists and trying to out people with their personal info on various forums. I could care less if someone takes the vaccines or not......I guess when you go to the extreme fringe of any belief system, it starts getting weird.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Yeah, I am over the mask/vaccine virtue signaling from both sides.

People have reasons to get it or not get it, and zero of those reasons are any of my business. Live and let live, let people do what they think is best for them.

I am not getting it until my employer makes it mandatory, and then I will have to make a decision. But as for you and your house? You do you. I am not judging.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    People have reasons to get it or not get it, and zero of those reasons are any of my business. Live and let live, let people do what they think is best for them.
    Truth

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Exactly. To be honest I'm sick and tired of friends and family asking about it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Page 33 of 81 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast