Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: S & W 500

Feedback Score
    I was at the local indoor range awhile back testing published max 9mm Para. reloads on the LabRadar.

Guy walks up and asks what the orange thing is. I explain. He asks if I can chrono his loads. Sure. He comes back with the 500.

The first two shots didn't register because the LabRadar had to be on the high speed setting. The next four measured fine.

Six shots is about all I need in this lifetime.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Wow, that was cool. The man must have hands of steel. Did you see all the speed loaders on his belt? Must be $200 worth. And the ammo cost!!!

If I was doing that more regularly I might look into the moon clips.

https://tkcustom.com/services/machining-sw

Feedback Score
    When i was looking at a "woods gun", i shot a few revolvers in .500 S&W and 464 Casull. The massive recoil made for long split times, and I found myself starting to 'anticipate the recoil' which made for worse trigger pulls. I'm sure all that could be overcome with frequent training, but I determined pretty quickly that the large caliber revolvers aren't for me.

I settled on a Glock 20 in 10mm, for my woods gun, and I've been very happy with the choice. I like that i have 15 rounds instead of 5, in a pistol that can hold a weapon light and has much more manageable recoil. And I feel very confident that 10mm 200 gr hardcast solids will do the job on anything i'll encounter in Utah.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    When i was looking at a "woods gun", i shot a few revolvers in .500 S&W and 464 Casull. The massive recoil made for long split times, and I found myself starting to 'anticipate the recoil' which made for worse trigger pulls. I'm sure all that could be overcome with frequent training, but I determined pretty quickly that the large caliber revolvers aren't for me.

I settled on a Glock 20 in 10mm, for my woods gun, and I've been very happy with the choice. I like that i have 15 rounds instead of 5, in a pistol that can hold a weapon light and has much more manageable recoil. And I feel very confident that 10mm 200 gr hardcast solids will do the job on anything i'll encounter in Utah.
    That, right there.

I hate Glocks. I absolutely LOVE my Glock 20 through. It will drop any mammal in North America. I do not feel unsafe with 15+1 of Underwood heavy cast 220 grain loaded up. IMHO, the perfect woods gun for "me". It also makes a good truck gun in town with 200 grain Speer GD.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Here's Jerry and the 500. Cool slow mo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOzyqiT1FFA

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    deleted

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post

Funny to hear even Jerry talk about how brutal that was to shoot haha. That gun is a beast.

Feedback Score
    Double post.

I'm not sure why, but this site seems to be doubling posts almost every time lately. Getting annoying
    Last edited by B Cart; 04-08-21 at 22:10.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post

Check out the waves of meat on his arms in the slow mo shots, brutal.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123