View Poll Results: Which RDS should would you get if you already had Micros and been happy with them?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Another Aimpoint T-2 Micro

9 47.37%
  • Aimpoint Comp M5

10 52.63%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint Comp M5 vs T2 - Which one would you buy?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Great, this doesn't help me one bit, you guys are ****ing worthless.
    Seriously though it is kind of what I expected. Thanks your input.

Quote Originally Posted by JMC427 View Post
    I have both and I like them equally. I bought an M5 because at the time I couldn’t find another T2 in stock without the mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cips View Post
    I recently purchased a T2 over an M5 just because I got a better deal on that one.

^^^This is probably what it is going to boil down to.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    M5 for sure. 7075 vs 6061 and has clear glass up front so your red dot will still work if the front lens is damaged.
    My vote is the T2. There are two videos on YT with the battery compartments on the M5 failing on a drop from chest height.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenderAO View Post
    My vote is the T2. There are two videos on YT with the battery compartments on the M5 failing on a drop from chest height.
    PewPew Tactical had a video of that, likely what you're referring to.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I run 2moa T-1's now, and the T-2 seems a natural progression, but I've never had a BAD Aimpoint, and the weight of an M5 is negligible. Whichever one was the better deal, I'd probably go with.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Correct, and this one

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I bought the T2 over the M5. But I voted M5 because it’s sexy...plus when I was buying I got a better deal on the T2.

Compared to other models- M3, M2, H1- the T2 is noticeably more crisp for me. I’m not sure if anything actually changed, but I remember my first impression was that the dot actually looked round. So I was sold. I’ve read others with astigmatisms say the same thing.

If you have good eyes, or don’t care, then this won’t matter for you. But it was a selling point for me.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    5/5 split right now, but I chose the T2 and love it.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I have had both. I thought the M5 had a slightly better dot to my eyes, the increase in cost over the T2 wasn't worth it. Since I'm not HALO jumping into water then operating in an austere environment with no 2032s, the extra durability of the M5 (and cost) is lost on my uses. I voted T2.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have the T's and the M4's, not M5's but would love one. Impossible to go wrong with either, but you have a T series, buy an M5 and the next time you will know which one you want. T1/2 vs M5. Damn, they are pricy, but you can't go wrong. Good for you for stepping up with all the chino RDS available. RESPECT.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I have the T's and the M4's, not M5's but would love one. Impossible to go wrong with either, but you have a T series, buy an M5 and the next time you will know which one you want. T1/2 vs M5. Damn, they are pricy, but you can't go wrong. Good for you for stepping up with all the chino RDS available. RESPECT.

PB

The “almost as good as” fairy makes people do some strange things sometimes, especially when guys watch videos with people paid and sponsored by certain manufacturers. The guys paid to say “almost as good as” maybe right, he may not. It’s a hard call to make because a mans got to eat, which is why you need to look big picture and see how comments are backed up. A guy with a proven track record can back his claims up pretty easy.

Regarding the above, I have a M5 and a T2. I also have a T1, and I can say the step up from the T1 to T2 is certainly noticeable, especially with astigmatism, using them back to back, or when using a magnifier. The Comp M4S are a favorite of mine, the M4S is large, but something special imho.

I will take my T2 and M5 out later tonight if I remember and see if I see much difference between them. I voted M5, but honestly I would use either and be more than happy.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast