Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is going on with AR prices?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

What is going on with AR prices?

I am going to be moving to an un-free state in the near future and I was checking prices for a few items I am going to sell. Saw complete lowers going for $500 plus. Saw ten tan windowed M3 PMAGs go for $275. Is this just a response to the recent events in Atlanta and Boulder, or has it been going on longer, COVID lockdown and BLM protests? Global supply chain woes?

What is a fair price for an unfired complete BCM lower? I’ve got to admit, asking for more than I bought stuff for feels unsavory to me. What about PMAG prices?

I apologize for not knowing what is going on, I’ve been checked out for a few years as I’ve dealt with family issues.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I'm seeing idiots trying to get $1500 and more for their Anderson/Bear Creak/Foxtrot Mike "custom" abortions and I'm just laughing my ass off. The last complete BCM lower I got I stole for $200, but that was well before CV-19.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    When you have a sitting president threatening gun law specific executive action and calling on the senate to "ban assault weapons and high capacity magazines", the prices of ARs and magazines are going to go up. Fortunately for those wanting to get an AR and 30-round magazines, it seems you can still find them online and in some stores at 'reasonable' prices. That may not last long though, if the dems keep full-court pressing.

I'm still seeing 30-round pmags in stock at cabelas and other stores for around $12.99. Not awesome, but not ridiculous either. If you need a complete lower right away, PSA has complete lowers with magpul furniture for $249, and BCM seems to have them in stock occasionally around $395
    Last edited by B Cart; 03-29-21 at 15:30.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KirkS View Post
    Saw ten tan windowed M3 PMAGs go for $275.
    I can get 20 for that price in PA. What hellhole are YOU moving to?!
    Last edited by The_War_Wagon; 03-30-21 at 18:31. Reason: Cos' I 'r' not sech a gud speler! :-p
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    ... Fortunately for those wanting to get an AR and 30-round magazines, it seems you can still find them online and in some stores at 'reasonable' prices. That may not last long though, if the dems keep full-court pressing.

I'm still seeing 30-round pmags in stock at cabelas and other stores for around $12.99. Not awesome, but not ridiculous either. If you need a complete lower right away, PSA has complete lowers with magpul furniture for $249, and BCM seems to have them in stock occasionally around $395
    Thanks. I wasn’t sure what reasonable was on the used market. I was surprised to see those prices I mentioned that are way above retail when it seemed like you can still get stuff from stores. Wasn’t sure if there was something else I was missing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    I can 20 for that price in PA. What hellhole are YOU moving to?!
    I saw that price in the EE on this site. Are you saying 20 mags would sell for $275 in PA?

Moving from Oregon to California. Family issues.

Feedback Score
    It's funny, I have a local gun shop with BCM uppers all regularly priced and then right next them they have S&W M&P Sport for $950, a Colt 6920 for $1150, and a ADM for $2150. I just don't know what to think anymore, except be happy that I already have pretty much everything I could want. The gun shop down the road however has a Wilson Combat for $2500, and a CMMG for $1800, I used to love to go there because they used have an awesome selection of used guns, but their recent prices have driven me out. I've noticed a rise in magazine prices recently, but can still get Lancers and Gen3's for around $17 which is fine, and Okay and D&H mags for around $12.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    We have a state gun trading board. It's crazy.

"Milspec AR-15 Anderson upper, polymer lower, all military spec parts!!! $1500"

I s#!t you not. Utah gun exchange, go look for yourself.

ETA: It's not all like that, but there are some great ones!
    Last edited by utahjeepr; 03-29-21 at 16:20.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KirkS View Post
    Thanks. I wasn’t sure what reasonable was on the used market. I was surprised to see those prices I mentioned that are way above retail when it seemed like you can still get stuff from stores. Wasn’t sure if there was something else I was missing.
    Ya, people on the private market are just trying to see how high they can go. It's sad honestly, but they're getting away with it with ammo, so why not guns and mags?

Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post

Yep haha! I'm in Utah as well, and UGE has gone crazy. Especially ammo. I've seen people listing 9mm RELOADS for $1/round.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post

So, some folks are asking for crazy prices, but not everyone is buying at these crazy prices. I think I’ll just post my stuff asking for regular retail. Not looking to skin anyone, just need to find new homes for it. Would be psyched to not lose money for once (not counting sunk transfer fees and shipping that is).

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast