Page 31 of 56 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 555

Thread: Chauvin Trial Commentary

  1. #301
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,934
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    By the way USA Today channel on YouTube has live coverage without commentary.
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    950
    Feedback Score
    0
    Dr. Tobin's testimony certainly bolstered earlier testimony from LEOs about the risk of positional asphyxia due to keeping a cuffed person pinned down in the prone position, and the importance of quickly putting them on their side. That was expected, but what I didn't expect is Dr Tobin's testimony about fentanyl, and that there was no indication fentanyl had lowered Floyd's respiratory rate. Dr. Tobin crushed several points that the defense tried to make. Brutal day for the defense.

    Based on testimony so far, I think murder 2&3 is still on the table. Of course the defense has yet to call witnesses. That should be interesting.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 04-09-21 at 15:23.

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Posts
    513
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    We had some training from ex-dea agent warning us of the dangers of just touching fentanyl as it absorbs through the skin rather quickly and can kill a non user. He had a coworker fall out while getting ready to go home after work and luckily someone recognized what happened and addressed it. Also certain rubber gloves do not protect from it.

  4. #304
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    11,018
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    We had some training from ex-dea agent warning us of the dangers of just touching fentanyl as it absorbs through the skin rather quickly and can kill a non user. He had a coworker fall out while getting ready to go home after work and luckily someone recognized what happened and addressed it. Also certain rubber gloves do not protect from it.
    With than being conformed again for me, the question remains "Why would you put that in your mouth?"
    The answer can only be to avoid arrest, so if by merely touching a package containing Fentanyl, it can take you out, putting it in your mouth is a big horrible stupid mistake that is going to kill you.
    Well then it becomes a question of "Did Floyd know this?" and I would have to say yes he did, in his normal state, know that hiding Fentanyl in your mouth will likely kill you.
    Then hiding the dope in Floyds mouth was worth the risk when it came to;...what?
    What kind of time would Floyd have done if any, if they busted him and the money and the dope came back on him personally?
    Just saying, I would guess 48 hours, with Covid, most likely less...

    Look, I think the guy was lights out from the time he proned out, but if you think different, good for you.
    The Cop aint guilty if a guy falls in his arms and dies, and that's what happened.
    If people were less hesitant to corrupt justice, they might actually like where they live,
    just saying'

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    3,551
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eightmillimeter View Post
    2) A clerk at Cup Foodsís opinion of ďhighĒ is scientifically meaningless

    3) He had pills in his mouth at the time of being told he was under arrest, he had no pills in his stomach at the time of death
    Wait, now you think he didnít take drugs earlier? The clerk and Norfentanyl seem to agree that he did.

    But having taking drugs earlier does not preclude the possibility of taking more drugs later. Itís a completely unpersuasive argument and makes me distrust the prosecutor.

  6. #306
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NW Iowa
    Posts
    647
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Wait, now you think he didnít take drugs earlier? The clerk and Norfentanyl seem to agree that he did.

    But having taking drugs earlier does not preclude the possibility of taking more drugs later. Itís a completely unpersuasive argument and makes me distrust the prosecutor.
    I was merely stating evidence. If there was no pills in his stomach then he didnít swallow any 5 min before death.

  7. #307
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    3,551
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I am not an expert on how fast homemade drug cocktail pills dissolve. I donít want to be accused of being unscientifical again, but I doubt they are made to any standard. Good thing we know for sure they also couldnít have been dissolving in his mouth or more easily chewed than real pills.

    I do know that the point where he had pills at least in his mouth was way more than 5 min before he died. But so did you.

  8. #308
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    4,139
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Dr. Tobin's testimony certainly bolstered earlier testimony from LEOs about the risk of positional asphyxia due to keeping a cuffed person pinned down in the prone position, and the importance of quickly putting them on their side. That was expected, but what I didn't expect is Dr Tobin's testimony about fentanyl, and that there was no indication fentanyl had lowered Floyd's respiratory rate. Dr. Tobin crushed several points that the defense tried to make. Brutal day for the defense.

    Based on testimony so far, I think murder 2&3 is still on the table. Of course the defense has yet to call witnesses. That should be interesting.
    We must be watching different trials.

  9. #309
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    4,139
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Double tap.

  10. #310
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NW Iowa
    Posts
    647
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    I am not an expert on how fast homemade drug cocktail pills dissolve. I donít want to be accused of being unscientifical again, but I doubt they are made to any standard. Good thing we know for sure they also couldnít have been dissolving in his mouth or more easily chewed than real pills.

    I do know that the point where he had pills at least in his mouth was way more than 5 min before he died. But so did you.
    Iíve also watched the entire trial, read every publicly released document, and watched every publicly released video.

    This is the hard ďpillĒ to swallow.... There is no evidence of fentanyl overdose.

    None, zero, zilch. But of course, there will be ďexpertsĒ along shortly to say he did or could have.... go testify next week for the defense if you think you can prove he ODíd, good luck with that.

Page 31 of 56 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •