Page 31 of 56 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Chauvin Trial Commentary

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    By the way USA Today channel on YouTube has live coverage without commentary.
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    Dr. Tobin's testimony certainly bolstered earlier testimony from LEOs about the risk of positional asphyxia due to keeping a cuffed person pinned down in the prone position, and the importance of quickly putting them on their side. That was expected, but what I didn't expect is Dr Tobin's testimony about fentanyl, and that there was no indication fentanyl had lowered Floyd's respiratory rate. Dr. Tobin crushed several points that the defense tried to make. Brutal day for the defense.

Based on testimony so far, I think murder 2&3 is still on the table. Of course the defense has yet to call witnesses. That should be interesting.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 04-09-21 at 15:23.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    We had some training from ex-dea agent warning us of the dangers of just touching fentanyl as it absorbs through the skin rather quickly and can kill a non user. He had a coworker fall out while getting ready to go home after work and luckily someone recognized what happened and addressed it. Also certain rubber gloves do not protect from it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    We had some training from ex-dea agent warning us of the dangers of just touching fentanyl as it absorbs through the skin rather quickly and can kill a non user. He had a coworker fall out while getting ready to go home after work and luckily someone recognized what happened and addressed it. Also certain rubber gloves do not protect from it.
    With than being conformed again for me, the question remains "Why would you put that in your mouth?"
    The answer can only be to avoid arrest, so if by merely touching a package containing Fentanyl, it can take you out, putting it in your mouth is a big horrible stupid mistake that is going to kill you.
    Well then it becomes a question of "Did Floyd know this?" and I would have to say yes he did, in his normal state, know that hiding Fentanyl in your mouth will likely kill you.
    Then hiding the dope in Floyds mouth was worth the risk when it came to;...what?
    What kind of time would Floyd have done if any, if they busted him and the money and the dope came back on him personally?
    Just saying, I would guess 48 hours, with Covid, most likely less...

Look, I think the guy was lights out from the time he proned out, but if you think different, good for you.
    The Cop aint guilty if a guy falls in his arms and dies, and that's what happened.
    If people were less hesitant to corrupt justice, they might actually like where they live,
    just saying'

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eightmillimeter View Post
    2) A clerk at Cup Foods’s opinion of “high” is scientifically meaningless

3) He had pills in his mouth at the time of being told he was under arrest, he had no pills in his stomach at the time of death
    Wait, now you think he didn’t take drugs earlier? The clerk and Norfentanyl seem to agree that he did.

But having taking drugs earlier does not preclude the possibility of taking more drugs later. It’s a completely unpersuasive argument and makes me distrust the prosecutor.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Wait, now you think he didn’t take drugs earlier? The clerk and Norfentanyl seem to agree that he did.

But having taking drugs earlier does not preclude the possibility of taking more drugs later. It’s a completely unpersuasive argument and makes me distrust the prosecutor.
    I was merely stating evidence. If there was no pills in his stomach then he didn’t swallow any 5 min before death.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I am not an expert on how fast homemade drug cocktail pills dissolve. I don’t want to be accused of being unscientifical again, but I doubt they are made to any standard. Good thing we know for sure they also couldn’t have been dissolving in his mouth or more easily chewed than real pills.

I do know that the point where he had pills at least in his mouth was way more than 5 min before he died. But so did you.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Dr. Tobin's testimony certainly bolstered earlier testimony from LEOs about the risk of positional asphyxia due to keeping a cuffed person pinned down in the prone position, and the importance of quickly putting them on their side. That was expected, but what I didn't expect is Dr Tobin's testimony about fentanyl, and that there was no indication fentanyl had lowered Floyd's respiratory rate. Dr. Tobin crushed several points that the defense tried to make. Brutal day for the defense.

Based on testimony so far, I think murder 2&3 is still on the table. Of course the defense has yet to call witnesses. That should be interesting.
    We must be watching different trials.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Double tap.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    I am not an expert on how fast homemade drug cocktail pills dissolve. I don’t want to be accused of being unscientifical again, but I doubt they are made to any standard. Good thing we know for sure they also couldn’t have been dissolving in his mouth or more easily chewed than real pills.

I do know that the point where he had pills at least in his mouth was way more than 5 min before he died. But so did you.
    I’ve also watched the entire trial, read every publicly released document, and watched every publicly released video.

This is the hard “pill” to swallow.... There is no evidence of fentanyl overdose.

None, zero, zilch. But of course, there will be “experts” along shortly to say he did or could have.... go testify next week for the defense if you think you can prove he OD’d, good luck with that.

Page 31 of 56 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast