Page 37 of 56 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Chauvin Trial Commentary

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    They can’t handle it.

That’s why nobody “dies” anywhere but the hospital

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What do you think happens with the mob if they let GF up and then he starts fighting again?

It’s going to take more force to get him back under control than is is to keep him pinned.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Yup. No effing way am I working a cardiac arrest in front of that crowd if I can avoid it. And I can. So I wouldn’t.

Potentially hostile crowds get as close to 100% security as we can get. Especially with a cardiac arrest. I’m an advocate for working cardiac arrests on-scene when appropriate, but this isn’t that time. If someone like GF dies because my treatment is delayed for scene safety, then maybe the news should run some PSAs on how that works.

Crowds are irrational, and aren’t usually going to accept “time out, guys. Someone is hurt”. The cops involved were reasonable to “delay” treatment for the sake of security, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    Purely emotional response.

I'm not going to sidebar the thread, but I've run the gambit from a gun being pulled on scene threatening to kill me if we didn't save the patient all the way to having a crowd climb on the ambulance while working a code in a shopping mall. Most of the time it's harmless spectators, but a hostile crowd means "get the **** out of sight" as soon as possible.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    For what it's worth- crowds do not do well when they witness CPR.

Before I got into Flight, I did my street time in Atlanta. Bystanders lose their shit when you start CPR, double so when the police are involved. There's a reason the EMS crew left the scene to start CPR elsewhere, and I absolutely would not work a code in front of a crowd like that.
    SOP here was throw hem in the back of the ambulance and drive a few blocks out of the way and start the real work then. Preferably when parked at an intersection of main streets. I never did anything on the side street if I could avoid it, never ever did anything on the sidewalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by just a scout View Post
    SOP here was throw hem in the back of the ambulance and drive a few blocks out of the way and start the real work then. Preferably when parked at an intersection of main streets. I never did anything on the side street if I could avoid it, never ever did anything on the sidewalk.
    It was pretty much an unspoken thing; read the crowd, do the smart thing. Poor scene management can get you in trouble.

Case in point.

Crew should have simply grabbed the patient and started rolling. There is nothing you can do on scene that you can't do en route.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There’s a lot of emotional fragility in built up an urban areas. A little theatrics goes a long way

“WE GOT A PULSE! WE GOT A LIVE ONE! WE GOTTA GO!!”

*Spongebob narrator voice*
    Four Blocks Later

“If he wasn’t voting Democrat before he certainly is gonna be voting Democrat now”

BTDT

“Yo man, Mookie gon make it?”

Yep. Let the EMS do what they gotta do. It’s not hard to manipulate the emotions of a bunch of bleating street trash especially when you no longer care about your fellow man

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Much of what we do in cardiac arrest is theatre, anyway. Its not a hard leap, if you have an autopulse.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    There’s a lot of emotional fragility in built up an urban areas. A little theatrics goes a long way

“WE GOT A PULSE! WE GOT A LIVE ONE! WE GOTTA GO!!”

*Spongebob narrator voice*
    Four Blocks Later

“If he wasn’t voting Democrat before he certainly is gonna be voting Democrat now”

BTDT

“Yo man, Mookie gon make it?”

Yep. Let the EMS do what they gotta do. It’s not hard to manipulate the emotions of a bunch of bleating street trash especially when you no longer care about your fellow man
    Last edited by 1168; 04-14-21 at 16:43.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    This is 100% fact.

I have even seen a gun come out and the person said "You better not save that Mother-F*CKER or I will shoot you too!"
    I have heard of family getting keyed up over ceasing efforts(or honoring a DNR), but the crowd thing is a new one and the 3rd party DNR demand here is pretty dang funny.

Feedback Score
    I don't believe Dr Flower was the guy to persuade the jury. Defense needs to find a rabbit to pull out of a hat. Will they throw a Hail Mary by putting Chauvin on the stand?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    I have heard of family getting keyed up over ceasing efforts(or honoring a DNR), but the crowd thing is a new one and the 3rd party DNR demand here is pretty dang funny.
    Location, location, location.

An event in the 'hood is going to be run differently than an the same event on the side walk in front of the country club.

Page 37 of 56 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast