Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Chauvin Trial Commentary

Feedback Score
    Dr Tobin and use of force expert Stoughton provided the jury the most persuasive testimony. Defense testimony... eh.

The timeline of LEO comments will be difficult to overcome-- 23:47 "Roll him over" 24:40 "He's passing out" 25:38 "Roll on side?" 25:40 "Can't find a pulse" 27:33 "He's not responsive" ... all while Chauvin continues to keep Floyd pinned down in the prone position until 28:47 when Chauvin finally lifts he knee off Floyd's lifeless body.

Whatever the jury decides, I believe they're going into deliberation with an understanding that Chauvin's actions were not that of a reasonable officer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Interesting defense viewpoints:

I didn't know that Chauvin was also charged in federal court with tax evasion. He hadn't filed taxes for years? Which Barnes above says points to financial shenanigans. Want to get caught for financial shenanigans, don't file your taxes.

I think there was also a comment that Chauvin offered to take a 10 year sentence (don't know which charge). I hadn't heard that. But as Barnes says, he is going to jail either for this or for the tax evasion.
    If the feds filed charges, he's going to jail for something, either in Minnesota if he gets convicted in this trial, or one of the federal institutes for the tax evasion. All this seems to indicate that whatever the outcome of this trial, Chauvin is no clean cut, honest cop who got screwed over. I hope for justice here, but I do find it hard to feel sorry for Chauvin.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

I'm from everywhere man because I'm an everywhere man....
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    ^ What he said. 96-98% saturation is normal SpO2.

To answer your other question: a saturation of 90% is about equal to a PaO2 of 60mmHg.
    I believe they said his O2 saturation was that high due to CPR being performed on him after he expired. ??? Sounds feasible, but I would ask if that could that happen after Floyd died? They put him on a LUCAS device once the EMTs were able to get out of the scene and work on him.
    Last edited by teufelhund1918; 04-20-21 at 06:13.
    Repression Is Nine Tenths The Law

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Dr Tobin and use of force expert Stoughton provided the jury the most persuasive testimony. Defense testimony... eh.

The timeline of LEO comments will be difficult to overcome-- 23:47 "Roll him over" 24:40 "He's passing out" 25:38 "Roll on side?" 25:40 "Can't find a pulse" 27:33 "He's not responsive" ... all while Chauvin continues to keep Floyd pinned down in the prone position until 28:47 when Chauvin finally lifts he knee off Floyd's lifeless body.

Whatever the jury decides, I believe they're going into deliberation with an understanding that Chauvin's actions were not that of a reasonable officer.
    I'm thinking they acquit on the murder 2 charge, I'm about...50/50 that they'll convict him on the murder 3 charge, maybe a little less, and about 90% sure they'll convict him on manslaughter.

My question is, if they get a conviction, what will BLM riot over? They can't NOT riot; they can't see this the outcome, whatever it is, as a step in the right direction. It'll be a setback to their narrative that the entire system needs to be brought down. They'll have to think of something.
    Last edited by BoringGuy45; 04-20-21 at 06:15.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    They will riot either way. If found guilty it will embolden them to continue use jury intimidation.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    I'm thinking they acquit on the murder 2 charge, I'm about...50/50 that they'll convict him on the murder 3 charge, maybe a little less, and about 90% sure they'll convict him on manslaughter.

My question is, if they get a conviction, what will BLM riot over? They can't NOT riot; they can't see this the outcome, whatever it is, as a step in the right direction. It'll be a setback to their narrative that the entire system needs to be brought down. They'll have to think of something.
    Anything short of Chauvin being drug out of the courthouse and facing a firing squad on the spot will be unacceptable to some.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I didn't know that Chauvin was also charged in federal court with tax evasion. He hadn't filed taxes for years? Which Barnes above says points to financial shenanigans. Want to get caught for financial shenanigans, don't file your taxes.

I think that came out last summer. I recall saying between that and Floyd raping the woman that neither should have been there to do what they did in 2020.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    It will be a victory riot much like after they win the nba finals. No real need to riot. Biden has been giving them the money to buy tv's and jordans for the past year.
    Last edited by joedirt199; 04-20-21 at 07:11.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    It will be a victory riot much like after they win the nba finals. No real need to riot. Biden has been giving them the money to buy tv's and jordans for the past year.
    Cant give Biden all the credit for that one, President Trump was just as happy to give away our money.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Incidentally, Robert Barnes and George Gammon are suing the Federal Reserve. If you guys are not watching George Gammon on YouTube, but want to know the nuts and bolts on how they are inflating the currency and stealing your future prosperity, give his white board videos a serious look. Hands down the best explanations I've ever seen and I've been following this sort of thing for 20 years.

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled programming....

Interesting defense viewpoints:

I think there was also a comment that Chauvin offered to take a 10 year sentence (don't know which charge). I hadn't heard that. But as Barnes says, he is going to jail either for this or for the tax evasion.

Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast