Page 32 of 56 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Chauvin Trial Commentary

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I’m not trying to prove anything, except your inability to take the L and move on.

Admit the norfentanyl can’t disprove an overdose, and move on to a more persuasive argument against overdose.

I’m interested in hearing all the evidence, and my time being more limited than yours, I get the highlights from both sides.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eightmillimeter View Post
    It was very clearly back to “knee on neck” yesterday for the vast majority of the important time.

My guess is “neck area” was used to protect some of the lesser level “experts” from putting their foot in their mouths at Nelson’s request. Nelson is a great attorney, but he’s also guilty of what he’s accusing the prosecution of in narrowing the scope of events if it fits his narrative.
    What's interesting is the MPD Use of Force policy and the use of neck restraints to control resisting subjects.

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/...b-50a1237fc496

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...years-n1220416
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Dr Tobin was clear in his testimony that Floyd's death was from a low level of oxygen caused by being handcuffed and pinned in the prone position in the street. He testified that a healthy person would have died in similar restraint. He also testified that fentanyl overdose is marked by a decrease in the frequency of breaths, then pointed out to the jury (via bodycam vid) that Floyd's respiratory rate of 21 was within the normal range right before he became unconscious. According to Dr Tobin, it was the shallowness of breath from being pinned down that caused the low level of oxygen, not depressed breathing rate that'd you'd see from a fentanyl overdose.

Dr. Smock also testified that Floyd did not have symptoms of a fentanyl overdose such as constricted pupils and decreased breathing. He testified that Floyd’s actions were the opposite, because he was pleading for air. “That is not a fentanyl overdose. That is somebody begging to breathe'. Dr. Smock testified that Floyd died of positional asphyxia, a lack of oxygen from the position of the body.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 04-10-21 at 15:08.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Isn't the officer approximately 160 pounds on a 220 pound suspect? I've been cuffed in the prone dozens of times on my stomach as an instructor during in-service while the other instructor yapped away with a knee in my spine. Some how I survived.

The positional asphyxiation I was taught seemed to stress extremely overweight people or suspects puking and choking on it.

How does a sniper lay in the prone position for hours/days on a barricade and breathe? Yes a silly question but no more silly than a supposed expert testifying that a healthy person would have died in the same manner. David

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Dr Tobin ...also testified that fentanyl overdose is marked by a decrease in the frequency of breaths, then pointed out to the jury (via bodycam vid) that Floyd's respiratory rate of 21 was within the normal range right before he became unconscious.
    Is the Dr an expert on the clinical use of fentanyl or is he an expert on the street cocktail with meth that GF was on?

Feedback Score
    There's not enough bandwidth here to list Dr Tobin's credentials and resume. If you're interested in the case and haven't heard his testimony... starts around 49min.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAjSVKtn5Aw

Feedback Score
    The defense, in a move like O.J. Simpson‘s glove gambit, he’s gonna have to put somebody on top of a proned out person like in the videos and show that it doesn’t kill them. Louder with Crowder already did it, and unfortunately Crowder survived. You could even let the prosecution participate and try to kill the guy. My guess is that you really can’t. Not within any parameters near like this case. Maybe have one of the defence expert witnesses just put into one of his answers that they replicated the conditions and were unable to get someone to go unconscious. You may be able to get it thrown out, but the jury heard it.
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 04-10-21 at 20:58.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    There's not enough bandwidth here to list Dr Tobin's credentials and resume. If you're interested in the case and haven't heard his testimony... starts around 49min.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAjSVKtn5Aw
    I’m glad someone here gets it. And it wasn’t even just Tobin.

Feedback Score
    Those guys look good only in light of the other Prosecution witnesses were train wrecks. These latest ones were how a competent case looks like. With out them, the defense could have legitimately asked for a summary judgement with out putting a case on.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eightmillimeter View Post
    And it wasn’t even just Tobin.
    Indeed. There's been a number of doctors testify. Dr. Thomas testified that Floyd didn't die from an overdose and summed it up with this..."There is no evidence to suggest [George Floyd] would have died that night except for the interactions with law enforcement"

It should be interesting to hear from defense witnesses. Maybe Chauvin will testify?
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 04-11-21 at 06:25.

Page 32 of 56 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast