Page 36 of 56 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Chauvin Trial Commentary

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Another time, I suspect he would walk, in these times, I suspect the jury will find him guilty of the lowest charge they're allowed to consider.
    For sure. This is just my prediction, which I would bet my paycheck on at this point. What “should” happen requires a whole other conversation.

Feedback Score
    I'm not sure how the jury will be convinced that it was too dangerous for one of three officers on Floyd to perform CPR because of the crowd on the sidewalk.

There were a total of five officers. One was working the crowd on the sidewalk. One (park police) was watching Floyd's car and keeping an eye on the crowd. Three officers were on a motionless Floyd who was cuffed with no pulse. Why would a jury conclude that it was too dangerous for one of three officers on Floyd to perform CPR? Perhaps if there was just one officer it would be reasonable that full attention could not be safely focused on performing CPR, but in this case there's three officers on Floyd.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 04-14-21 at 09:06.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Regardless of how we feel about Officer Chauvin, the crowd presented a threat to LEO at the scene.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    I'm not sure how the jury will be convinced that it was too dangerous for one of three officers on Floyd to perform CPR because of the crowd on the sidewalk.

There were a total of five officers. One was working the crowd on the sidewalk. One (park police) was watching Floyd's car and keeping an eye on the crowd. Three officers were on a motionless Floyd who was cuffed with no pulse. Why would a jury conclude that it was too dangerous for one of three officers on Floyd to perform CPR? Perhaps if there was just one officer it would be reasonable that full attention could not be safely focused on performing CPR, but in this case there's three officers on Floyd.
    For what it's worth- crowds do not do well when they witness CPR.

Before I got into Flight, I did my street time in Atlanta. Bystanders lose their shit when you start CPR, double so when the police are involved. There's a reason the EMS crew left the scene to start CPR elsewhere, and I absolutely would not work a code in front of a crowd like that.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post

Before I got into Flight, I did my street time in Atlanta. Bystanders lose their shit when you start CPR, double so when the police are involved. There's a reason the EMS crew left the scene to start CPR elsewhere, and I absolutely would not work a code in front of a crowd like that.
    I did a few (codes in front of a crowd); most were 'meh', but some were full-on shi* sandwich. But a potentially hostile crowd? Oh, no. Hell no.

I have a couple funny stories out of them though. One where my partner walked next door to a drug store with a soda fountain, bought a milkshake, and just stood off to the side with his shake while I was running the code. Anyhoo, digressing. We ought to start a thread on war stories.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

That's bizzare. Why do you think that is? What do they do/say?
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Why do you think that is? What do they do/say?
    Purely emotional response.

I'm not going to sidebar the thread, but I've run the gambit from a gun being pulled on scene threatening to kill me if we didn't save the patient all the way to having a crowd climb on the ambulance while working a code in a shopping mall. Most of the time it's harmless spectators, but a hostile crowd means "get the **** out of sight" as soon as possible.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

I'm not going to sidebar the thread, but I've run the gambit from a gun being pulled on scene threatening to kill me if we didn't save the patient all the way to having a crowd climb on the ambulance while working a code in a shopping mall. Most of the time it's harmless spectators, but a hostile crowd means "get the **** out of sight" as soon as possible.
    Same same. Filed under 'things I don't miss'.

Feedback Score
    Former Maryland chief medical examiner, David Fowler, testified that the prone position isn't an issue, and cited people's sleeping habits as an example why the prone position isn't dangerous. “There is no evidence right now that that is a significant issue.”

Fowler further testified that Floyd's death could have been partially caused by exhaust fumes from the police car.

“In my opinion, Mr. Floyd had a sudden cardiac arrhythmia or cardiac arrhythmia due to his atherosclerotic or hypertensive heart disease… during his restraint and subdual by the police, and then his significant contributory conditions would be... he would have the toxicology, the fentanyl and methamphetamine, there is exposure to a vehicle exhaust, so potentially carbon monoxide poisoning or at least an effect from increased carbon monoxide in his bloodstream, and paraganglioma.”
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 04-14-21 at 12:44.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)

This is 100% fact.

I have even seen a gun come out and the person said "You better not save that Mother-F*CKER or I will shoot you too!"
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Page 36 of 56 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast