Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 388

Thread: Chauvin Trial Commentary

  1. #271
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    868
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post

    They didn't have Narcan and fun fact, even then sometimes Narcan't. Something I've seen in person more than I'd like. Oddly, the prosecution still hasn't touched on cause of death. Likely because it will nuke their politically driven case. The medical training of cops is very limited, that isn't their job.
    The prosecution called the doctor who had pronounced Floyd dead. He testified that the most likely cause of death was asphyxia. That testimony dovetails with LEO testimony about positional asphyxia which dovetails with LEO testimony about keeping Floyd pinned down in the prone position which was "totally unnecessary" according to Lt Zimmerman and several other LEO's testimony. So... when you say that the prosecution still hasn't touched on cause of death what specifically do you mean?

  2. #272
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    3,544
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbieler View Post
    Someone died and that's not OK for passing a funny $20 and hiding some drugs.
    I reject your premise. It is an outrageous straw man that seeks to avoid asking what actually caused his death and who is most responsible for that action.

  3. #273
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wet Side of Washington
    Posts
    1,363
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    The prosecution called the doctor who had pronounced Floyd dead. He testified that the most likely cause of death was asphyxia. That testimony dovetails with LEO testimony about positional asphyxia which dovetails with LEO testimony about keeping Floyd pinned down in the prone position which was "totally unnecessary" according to Lt Zimmerman and several other LEO's testimony. So... when you say that the prosecution still hasn't touched on cause of death what specifically do you mean?
    We will likely see it when the defense presents their case, asphyxia as a result of the three-fold fatal dose of fentanyl. The prosecution is pushing for the death to be cause by the knee and either mechanical or positional asphyxia and trying to ignore or pass over the very lethal amount of synthetic opiate in his system. Asphyxia as a result of respiratory depression caused by ingestion of a synthetic opiate is very much a thing and can lead to a person's death.

    I'd also hesitate to call anyone in administration, and can be hired/fired at will, a LEO. Those positions are political and they have been off the streets for years. They all know if they ay the wrong thing, the mayor or city council will have them fired.
    Last edited by Vandal; 04-07-21 at 16:53.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

  4. #274
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    In a basement!
    Posts
    467
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Does that help the defense or prosecutors? Keeping someone pinned down in the prone position who is not actively resisting and been repeatedly complaining about not being able to breath since early during the arrest doesn't seem like something for the defense to crow about.
    I would saw it shows the junkie was having medical issues (dying from overdose and poor life choices) or excited delirium caused by drugs well before he had to be placed on the ground. Remember he could of sat in the car, he choose not to.
    He died in custody. He wasn't murdered.
    “Also none of you are gonna do shit but buy price gouged ammo and guns, type patriotic quotes, pretend you’re the old dude from We Were Soldiers, and rat on folks when braces become illegal again and mope in your sheds, basements, or man caves. ” Firefly

  5. #275
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Supply, NC/Afghanistan
    Posts
    404
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Sheep View Post
    Chauvin appeared to be more focused on the increasingly hostile crowd that was gathering, instead of focusing on GF’s deteriorating condition.
    INCREASING HOSTILE CROWD was a threat. Floyd was restrained. If the crowd carried they would have disengaged and allowed Chauvin to take care of Floyd

    CD
    De Oppresso Liber

  6. #276
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,683
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbieler View Post
    Total control? The officers over a suspect who was handcuffed. The dumbass didn’t die in a vacuum. He died in their custody under their control. Full stop.
    So what your saying is if a person intentionally took a lethal dose of anything...be it drugs, poison, etc, that a had slight time delay in said person's demise....that is of zero consequence if that said person, then intentionally commits a crime, whatever it is, is forcefully detained due to intentional misbehavior and then dies while being detained due to the intentionally ingested deadly chemicals, and that the officers had actual control over said situation? What are you smoking and what planet did you get it from?
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 04-08-21 at 08:20.

  7. #277
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lost Angeles
    Posts
    584
    Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    So what your saying is if a person intentionally took a lethal dose of anything...be it drugs, poison, etc, that a had slight time delay in said person's demise....that is of zero consequence if that said person, then intentionally commits a crime, whatever it is, is forcefully detained due to intentional misbehavior and then dies while being detained due to the intentionally ingested deadly chemicals, and that the officers had actual control over said situation? What are you smoking and what planet did you get it from?
    Come back when you decide to have the conversation instead of a personal attack. Unless your whole method of conversation is saying things like "full stop", using bold font repeatedly, and accusing folks of being high to make your point.
    Last edited by mrbieler; 04-08-21 at 08:40.
    - Jeff

    “Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

  8. #278
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    CONUS
    Posts
    5,258
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Combat_Diver View Post
    INCREASING HOSTILE CROWD was a threat. Floyd was restrained. If the crowd carried they would have disengaged and allowed Chauvin to take care of Floyd

    CD
    I have to agree with this and believe the defense attorney will push this point as just one of the factors that weigh in the officer's favor. You do not know the crowd's intent. You cannot see everyone in the crowd, if they have weapons, rocks, bricks, broken glass, etc. at their disposal. The distance of the crowd from the police, the difference in numbers and the tone of the crowd are significant factors.
    Train 2 Win

  9. #279
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,683
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbieler View Post
    Come back when you decide to have the conversation instead of a personal attack. Unless your whole method of conversation is saying things like "full stop", using bold font repeatedly, and accusing folks of being high to make your point.
    The bold was to make the argument. It is pretty obvious. If those things offend you, you are on the wrong site and would be better off someplace more liberal where they actually care about butt hurt. Never mind the fact the real reason you are, is you have no answer to the statements made.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 04-08-21 at 12:02.

  10. #280
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    868
    Feedback Score
    0
    C'mon... this thread has already been closed once because of squabbling.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 04-08-21 at 12:11.

Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •