Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: Chauvin Trial Commentary

Feedback Score
    All it takes is one person to actually follow the law as written and meant to throw a mistrial.

I think that riots are a given. Just how bad will they be. Every single outcome leads to a narrative that is a victory for the left. Every outcome leads to charges of systemic racism and feeds their agenda.

Remember the testimony about the racial aspects of the case? Me neither.
    I just did two lines of powdered wig powder, cranked up some Lee Greenwood, and recited the BoR. - Outlander Systems

I'm a professional WAGer - WillBrink /// "Comey is a smarmy, self righteous mix of J. Edgar Hoover and a gay Lurch from the "Adams Family"." -Averageman

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    All it takes is one person to actually follow the law as written and meant to throw a mistrial.

I think that riots are a given. Just how bad will they be. Every single outcome leads to a narrative that is a victory for the left. Every outcome leads to charges of systemic racism and feeds their agenda.

Remember the testimony about the racial aspects of the case? Me neither.
    It was implied!
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Is 98 percent a low blood oxygen level?
    98% is someone who is alive, healthy.... and breathing. Yeah, I know what you're getting at. Not sure what Tobin meant or context during rebuttal testimony today when he said that Floyd's tests at Hennepin county came back at 98%.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; Yesterday at 15:28.

Feedback Score
    What’s the difference between oxygen saturation in the hemoglobin vs oxygen pressure in blood gas? How does someone who died of hypoxia have 98% O2 on a lab test after death? ABNAK, Chuckman, WillBrink?

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eightmillimeter View Post
    What’s the difference between oxygen saturation in the hemoglobin vs oxygen pressure in blood gas? How does someone who died of hypoxia have 98% O2 on a lab test after death? ABNAK, Chuckman, WillBrink?
    Blood gas analysis, in comparison to a "pulse ox", can produce two separate values;

PaO2 is the partial pressure of oxygen in the blood. In simplest terms, it's the amount of oxygen dissolved in the plasma, and indicates gas tension.

SaO2 is the arterial saturation of oxygen and is pretty much interchangeable, clinically, with the values you would get from a pulse ox (SpO2).

98% SaO2 would be outstanding. Arterial "pressure" of oxygen would be PaO2 and would technically be in mmHg, not a percent value. As for what PaO2 is used for, google "Oxygen/Hemoglobin Disassociation Curve" or let a Chemistry nerd explain the Bohr effect.

TL;DR- SaO2 (arterial) and SpO2 (capillary) are almost clinically equivalent.

*ETA- I won't touch the post-resuscitation blood gases or what they mean. That's just what they are, and TBH, "sats" mean very little in cardiac arrest and mechanical ventilation strategies in comparison to pH, ETCO2, CO2/HCO3, etc.
    Last edited by GTF425; Yesterday at 18:49.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    So this guy cited SpO2 or PaO2 values that were sampled AFTER the event?

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    So this guy cited SpO2 or PaO2 values that were sampled AFTER the event?
    Correct; the ABGs were collected after.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    Correct; the ABGs were collected after.
    Jeebus. I didn’t know it was possible to be so stupid.
    RLTW
    “Your posts will be more accurate and received much better if you form your opinions with less emotion and more objectivity and then express them as if you’re in a discussion with friends, rather than an injured and cornered animal fighting for its life.” -Revolution 9 on the hide

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839