Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Chauvin Trial Commentary

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    Yeah, Minneapolis is gonna burn regardless of the outcome of the trial
    Riots may not just be contained in MSP, Riots could be in every big city.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    Riots may not just be contained in MSP, Riots could be in every big city.
    Yeah, I suspect you're right.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    The usual riot cities: Minneapolis, Chicago, NY, DC, Miami, Atl, Charlotte, LA, Houston, Dallas, Portland, Seattle.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I really got a kick out of the testimony from their expert MMA witness...

Feedback Score
    there is video of his arrest sometime in 2019...Very similar circumstances. Not complying and had pills in his mouth. That having been said, I still think the Officer wasn't too bright in doing what he did.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    He swallowed the dope. he hid it in his mouth, tried to swallow it and in the end that is what killed him.

You know, once the dope is in their mouth it is a bit like Russian Roulette, do you really want to put your finger in his mouth to save him? Is he willing to swallow a lethal dose? A bit of a quandary there for me.

You have to take responsibility, if you want to be a Bad Guy, please don't expect us to pony up cash for you dying with a mouth full of dope. Man up, take the bust, take the time, in other words, Man Up.
    I know. I’m just saying if I were a Prosecutor I would be actually finding, no matter how technical, minor, or obscure, any shortcomings with the arrest. At least then I could say I acted competently despite the impending acquittal.

But bringing on clown witnesses who are playing to cameras and hamming it up for the jury make the prosecution look like desperate dumbasses.

No matter how black some folks on the jury are, nobody likes being patronized.

I mean 911 Operator:
    -Went on about Chauvin “looking evil” while letting slip that she ultimately delayed EMS by not running proper code. The Police called early for EMS. It was Dispatchers fault for not making them expedite as requested. And before someone says “UM SWEATIE THE COPS SHOULD HAVE CALLED EMS THEMSELVES”. Lol. No. Shut up. Shut the hell up. That’s literally 911s job.

Expert MMA Witness:
    -Talked a lot of dumb go nowhere shit
    -Offered expert opinion when not an expert
    -has more losses than wins
    -Was caught rioting months before

Waterbed White Girl:
    -Didn’t know why she was even there

Rando 9 year old:
    -obviously coached

EMS Karen:
    -Ran her mouth way above her paygrade.
    -Did nothing of value
    -Probably not gonna have a good time now
    -Got reprimanded by the Judge

And this is THE PROSECUTION. Really hard to sell this murder here.

SO YER TELLING ME:

-Officers called EMS well before the drama
    -Officers tried to keep lookyloos from interfering with EMS
    -Chauvin had virtually no weight or bear down on Floyd. Floyd could move head and breathe
    -The drugs in his system were beyond a fatal dose
    He was dead as soon as he swallowed them

And I am supposed to send an officer to prison for life for murder because “He white and George Jesus Floyd be black”?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by diving dave View Post
    there is video of his arrest sometime in 2019...Very similar circumstances. Not complying and had pills in his mouth. That having been said, I still think the Officer wasn't too bright in doing what he did.
    I agree. Ive been a cop for about 14 years now and have had training pretty much yearly on positional asphyxiation and asphyxiation from pressure. It's pretty common knowledge in LE from pretty much every cop Ive talked to that dog piling the suspect is fine, but once they are in cuffs you get off of them and roll them onto their side or sit them up. I could see Chauvin getting convicted of some sort of manslaughter but I dont see the murder charges sticking. But we shall see.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    Only saw the last part On EMS Karen, I hope her mom slaps the crap out of her tonight, but the way she acted- it would be the first time. Good thing she wore her uniform, because I thought she was going to spend the night in jail. She’s a veteran EMS tech, and she had said she had never seen a crowd hostile against the police? In Minneapolis? Over the past year? Suuuuuure. The defense lawyer didn’t know what to do with that.

Also would not want to be the guy at the end referenced as the “cell phone guy“ by the judge.

In the end the guy died while in police custody where every expert and non-expert and 7-Eleven cashier knew that something was going wrong. They are going to want to find him guilty of something. The cops didn’t kill him, but he was in their control and they did nothing to save him. That’s tough to overcome.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Except they called for EMS and requested it to be prioritized and the Dispatcher did not prioritize it properly hence the delay.

Once he swallowed the drugs. It was game over. He was a dead man walking. The police were simply trying to subdue him and there was literally nothing they could do for him.

They aren’t doctors. They aren’t physicians. They aren’t medics and even if they were; it would have been inappropriate to attempt anything around a hot crowd. There was really nothing they could have done any different except curbside theatrics to make it look like Floyd had a chance.

Like it or not, the officers didn’t do anything wrong or criminal here. Their job was to subdue an uncooperative suspect and wait for EMS.

That was the full scope of their responsibilities.

It’s more of this NCIS/SVU/SWAT BS where the Officer uses “some old trick he learned in the sandbox” to miracle some hophead back to life.

Officers do not administer drugs, use ALS, nor intubate.

You just don’t like it because you got a glimpse of reality and it hurts. You will have to stand there and watch somebody die over some stupid shit they did to themselves and then when the trail of tears come they “want answers” and someone to blame. So they blame the police.

I mean, some big black guy with a weight and height advantage who is bucking and his body is reacting to a total shock is supposed to be treated with kid gloves? Then we get to play what it. What if. What if. What if. What if.

George Floyd killed George Floyd but nobody wants to hear that.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    The usual riot cities: Minneapolis, Chicago, NY, DC, Miami, Atl, Charlotte, LA, Houston, Dallas, Portland, Seattle.
    You mean "peaceful protest" ...... right?
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast