Page 34 of 56 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Chauvin Trial Commentary

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Testimony from Dr Rich this morning continued to echo prior testimony that cause of death was from being pinned down in the prone position. Did not die from overdose. He also said that not providing CPR after one of the officers could find no pulse significantly reduced Floyd's chances of survival.

Wonder how many more MDs will be called to testify the same thing over and over?
    I had a hard time keying in on his testimony and was instead distracted by him performing for the court. It may have just been his personality but good lord it appeared he was eating the limelight up.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Testimony from Dr Rich this morning continued to echo prior testimony that cause of death was from being pinned down in the prone position. Did not die from overdose. He also said that not providing CPR after one of the officers could find no pulse significantly reduced Floyd's chances of survival.

Wonder how many more MDs will be called to testify the same thing over and over?
    There's lots of contributing factors, yeah? Where was his knee (neck/back/shoulder), why was he prone for so long, why wasn't he placed into a recovery position immediately after being restrained. So far there's been a lot of back-and-forth regarding these things...policy, protocol, training...yadda yadda yadda.

Not starting CPR immediately when they could not find a pulse is at best negligence, which (depending on Minnesota law) could be involuntary manslaughter. In NC all LEOs are trained to the first responder level of care, and failure to carry out that level of care, is negligence.

I will be curious to see how the defense responds to this.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    There's lots of contributing factors, yeah? Where was his knee (neck/back/shoulder), why was he prone for so long, why wasn't he placed into a recovery position immediately after being restrained. So far there's been a lot of back-and-forth regarding these things...policy, protocol, training...yadda yadda yadda.

Not starting CPR immediately when they could not find a pulse is at best negligence, which (depending on Minnesota law) could be involuntary manslaughter. In NC all LEOs are trained to the first responder level of care, and failure to carry out that level of care, is negligence.

This to me has always been the 'case' against him. The guy was in his control and Chauvin was 'responsible' for him.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    How much did the EMT’s inability to do CPR at the scene reduce his chance of survival?

Feedback Score
    Former police officer and use of force expert, Seth Stoughton, dropped a ton of bombs on the defense yesterday, including that prone restraint was unreasonable from the start. When Floyd was taken out of the vehicle he was already cuffed, on his knees and Floyd thanked the officers... "he doesn't present a threat of harm". "Both the knee across Mr. Floyd's neck and the prone restraint were unreasonable, excessive, and contrary to generally accepted police practices". Then they did a timeline chart of the entire 9min.

Starts around 5:09:00 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czEgldD05cI
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 04-13-21 at 07:17.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    How much did the EMT’s inability to do CPR at the scene reduce his chance of survival?
    There are a couple issues. She was at the scene, but off duty. They did not have an opportunity to vet her; the scene was not secure. Her presence is largely immaterial. Also, was he in arrest when she was there, or did he arrest after she left? If he arrested while she was there, how much time elapsed from the time he arrested to the time EMS showed up and started CPR?

Quality CPR is the foundation for any non-traumatic cardiac arrest scenarios, and it must be implemented as soon as possible to have a reasonable chance for ROSC (return of spontaneous circulation).

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post

Of all of it, that one is most puzzling to me. I will be interested as to his explanation as to why they didn't do CPR, unless as you indicate, not required by state law and or, their SOP.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Of all of it, that one is most puzzling to me. I will be interested as to his explanation as to why they didn't do CPR, unless as you indicate, not required by state law and or, their SOP.
    Hard agree. That's why I injected the "In NC" info because I KNOW what is required here, and if a LEO doesn't, he/she may be negligent and derelict of duty if the subject dies as a result of not starting CPR (but often hard to prove). Once the subject and scene is secure, there is no different standard of care in that regard than if an EMT or paramedic had the same patient. But I do not know what Minnesota rules are in this regard.

Feedback Score
    Interesting timeline of officer comments

23:47 "Roll him over"
    24:40 "He's passing out"
    25:38 "Roll on side?"
    25:40 "Can't find a pulse"
    27:33 "He's not responsive"
    28:47 Chauvin lifts knee off Floyd's neck

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 04-13-21 at 08:35.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Interesting timeline of officer comments

23:47 "Roll him over"
    24:40 "He's passing out"
    25:38 "Roll on side?"
    25:40 "Can't find a pulse"
    28:47 Chauvin lifts knee off Floyd's neck

Do you know interval between "can't find a pulse" at 25:40 and EMS arrival, and when EMS started CPR?

Page 34 of 56 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast