Page 35 of 56 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Chauvin Trial Commentary

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Hard agree. That's why I injected the "In NC" info because I KNOW what is required here, and if a LEO doesn't, he/she may be negligent and derelict of duty if the subject dies as a result of not starting CPR (but often hard to prove). Once the subject and scene is secure, there is no different standard of care in that regard than if an EMT or paramedic had the same patient. But I do not know what Minnesota rules are in this regard.
    It also would have "played better" to the masses seeing that vid as he was tried in the court of public opinion and likely helped in his defense. If he was expected to start CPR under those conditions by state laws and or SOP, that does give the prosecution a strong angle for his having a disregard for GF's life.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Do you know interval between "can't find a pulse" at 25:40 and EMS arrival, and when EMS started CPR?

The chart was during testimony from use of force expert, Seth Stoughton. He testified that Officer Lane was directing the arriving EMS that Floyd was "not responsive" at the 27:33 timeline. Not sure if he testified as to when EMS began CPR but it wasn't part of the chart.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 04-13-21 at 09:00.

Feedback Score
    Second-degree murder requires a felony to have been committed. Is it felony assault to continue to pin a man down with your knee on his neck who is not resisting while your fellow officers are saying that they cannot find a pulse and he's non-responsive?
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 04-13-21 at 09:15.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There are a couple issues. She was at the scene, but off duty.
    No, the on duty EMT did not treat at the scene. Threatening mob, not secure.

Most people have no idea, I just learned that myself.

If it wasn’t safe for the EMT’s to do CPR there, why would it have been for DC?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    No, the on duty EMT did not treat at the scene. Threatening mob, not secure.

Most people have no idea, I just learned that myself.

If it wasn’t safe for the EMT’s to do CPR there, why would it have been for DC?
    I am not referring to the on-duty EMS, but that chick, the EMT/FF, who was off-duty, who was in the crowd. We almost never let people help who were not vetted ("I'm a fill-in-the-blank, I can help...."

Good point re: DC, EMS, and unsafe scene. Locally, LE will perform duties (to include their FR training) on unsafe scenes while EMS is staged and waiting to come in. I don't know what their policies are.

Feedback Score
    First half of the day... the defense called a LEO who cursed and pulled a gun on Floyd during a prior incident. A retired paramedic who appeared more high than Floyd. Hood rat that was in Floyd's car who looked like she was jonesing and constantly rolling her eyes in disgust that she had to be there. Didn't see much testimony that would impress the jury. However, the park police LEO testified that the crowd was growing more loud and aggressive, and that he keeping an eye on the crowd to "make sure the officers were ok". Perhaps afternoon testimony will be more impressive but so far it looks like the defense hasn't accomplished much other than more billable hours.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 04-14-21 at 09:05.

Feedback Score
    My official prediction hasn’t changed since 5 days ago. DC will be found guilty of MN 3rd degree murder.

Anyone know anywhere running online bets? I’m going to pay my house off with a small wager of COVID cash.

Feedback Score
    A national use-of-force expert testified on Tuesday that Officer Derek Chauvin DID NOT use deadly force on George Floyd during his arrest.
    Barry Brood, the national use of force expert, also testified why Minneapolis police were justified in keeping George Floyd face down, handcuffed outside Cup Foods. He says it was safer for the police and the suspect.
    Add this to the fact that Chauvin did not have his knee on GF's neck for more than a very brief time (on the shoulder and back a vast majority of time) and that he used department approved techniques and this blows the prosecutions case out of the water.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...-george-floyd/

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eightmillimeter View Post
    My official prediction hasn’t changed since 5 days ago. DC will be found guilty of MN 3rd degree murder.

Anyone know anywhere running online bets? I’m going to pay my house off with a small wager of COVID cash.
    Another time, I suspect he would walk, in these times, I suspect the jury will find him guilty of the lowest charge they're allowed to consider.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    prolonged further rabid riots seem to be the order of the day as the fuse has been lit & gonna be extended with the timing of the potter shooting, but a light sentence & even acquittal seems appropriate during these strange times.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Page 35 of 56 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast