Page 40 of 56 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Chauvin Trial Commentary

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eightmillimeter View Post
    What’s the difference between oxygen saturation in the hemoglobin vs oxygen pressure in blood gas? How does someone who died of hypoxia have 98% O2 on a lab test after death? ABNAK, Chuckman, WillBrink?
    You don't. You can't.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    I still predict he goes down for manslaughter, but not murder. Riots will ensue.
    Riots will ensure unless Chauvin is machine gunned outside the courthouse and dragged by low rider vehicles....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pag23 View Post
    Riots will ensure unless Chauvin is machine gunned outside the courthouse and dragged by low rider vehicles....
    Certainly a possibility. I'm convinced we're very close to go from rioting to an armed campaign by left wing militias. It's certainly possible that Minneapolis 2021 becomes 1980 Tehran and the county courthouse the American Embassy. Of course, with Biden in office and the way the FBI is, we won't be seeing HRT freeing the hostages...
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    Here’s hoping for a verdict tomorrow, in the middle of two snowstorms here in CO...

This is done, but the Parkland shooter....
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 04-19-21 at 20:18.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    You don't. You can't.
    ^ What he said. 96-98% saturation is normal SpO2.

To answer your other question: a saturation of 90% is about equal to a PaO2 of 60mmHg.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    ^ What he said. 96-98% saturation is normal SpO2.

To answer your other question: a saturation of 90% is about equal to a PaO2 of 60mmHg.
    Then obviously Chauvin didn't cause his death if he was still alive when he got to the morgue. The ME musta done it.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eightmillimeter View Post
    The prosecution closing was meh at best. The defense closing was pretty good. The prosecution rebuttal is very good.

Just so no one is surprised...

2nd Degree Manslaughter - Guilty
    3rd Degree Murder - Guilty
    2nd Degree Murder - Coin Toss
    Didn't the Judge toss the 3rd degree murder last week?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    Of course, with Biden in office and the way the FBI is, we won't be seeing HRT freeing the hostages...
    Never would see it the skill level isn't there

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog7972 View Post
    Didn't the Judge toss the 3rd degree murder last week?
    No. He tossed it pretrial but the MN court of appeals put it back in shortly after a govt appeal.

The key issue with the 3rd degree murder charge is that is says the act must be made against “others” as opposed to a single person, historically this is what you’d get for shooting indiscriminately into a crowd and a death occurred. There has been issues raised and noted with this, even recently, but I could easily see the higher court’s finding reasons to apply this to individual victims simply because the states definition of intent changes so much from charge to charge, instead of whether simply intent is needed or not.

The 2nd degree murder charge is the ridiculous one. The whole concept of “felony murder” has never historically been used to prosecute ONLY a felony underlying or lesser included assault as a murder, ever, anywhere in any court system I am aware of in the US. A conviction on 2nd degree murder would make MN law a legal dumpster fire, perhaps, as it should be.

Feedback Score
    Interesting defense viewpoints:

I didn't know that Chauvin was also charged in federal court with tax evasion. He hadn't filed taxes for years? Which Barnes above says points to financial shenanigans. Want to get caught for financial shenanigans, don't file your taxes.

I think there was also a comment that Chauvin offered to take a 10 year sentence (don't know which charge). I hadn't heard that. But as Barnes says, he is going to jail either for this or for the tax evasion.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 40 of 56 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast