Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Chauvin Trial Commentary

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    This is his most lesser charge

609.205 MANSLAUGHTER IN THE SECOND DEGREE.
    A person who causes the death of another by any of the following means is guilty of manslaughter in the second degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than ten years or to payment of a fine of not more than $20,000, or both:
    (1) by the person's culpable negligence whereby the person creates an unreasonable risk, and consciously takes chances of causing death or great bodily harm to another; or
    (2) by shooting another with a firearm or other dangerous weapon as a result of negligently believing the other to be a deer or other animal; or
    (3) by setting a spring gun, pit fall, deadfall, snare, or other like dangerous weapon or device; or
    (4) by negligently or intentionally permitting any animal, known by the person to have vicious propensities or to have caused great or substantial bodily harm in the past, to run uncontrolled off the owner's premises, or negligently failing to keep it properly confined; or
    (5) by committing or attempting to commit a violation of section 609.378 (neglect or endangerment of a child), and murder in the first, second, or third degree is not committed thereby.
    If proven by a preponderance of the evidence, it shall be an affirmative defense to criminal liability under clause (4) that the victim provoked the animal to cause the victim's death.

Okay let’s look at the most relevant part of that statute

Where was the unreasonable risk? Chauvin used then Department approved restraint techniques.

Floyd has to be responsible for HIS OWN ACTIONS too. He was passively resistant and non-compliant.

He would not sit upright. He was unruly and unpredictable. Had he not taken the Fentanyl he could have attacked a bystander. It was MORE THAN REASONABLE to restrain him. The pathology doesn’t lie. He had no pressure on his neck.

He overdosed. His Floyd overdosing Chauvin’s fault?

-------------------------

Neck restraint was an approved technique but conditional. 'Passively resistant' isn't one of those conditions according to Department policy as reported May 2020: Neck restraint is allowed on those who are actively resisting, not passively resisting.

How is continuing to apply neck restraint to someone who is motionless/unresponsive Department approved?

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 03-31-21 at 15:07.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    More from EMT Karen...

https://www.foxnews.com/us/live-upda...r-george-floyd

"There was a man being killed," Hansen, who testified in her dress uniform and detailed her emergency medical technician training, said in court Tuesday. "I would have been able to provide medical attention to the best of my abilities. And this human was denied that right."

I still can't figure out if she was there as a bystander (in which case, she had no duty to act), or in a professional capacity. In either case, based on her statement, she'd be nuclear to me. Not only would I not ride with her, I'd make her life a living hell.

Feedback Score
    No matter what happens, the left will not be satisfied. There's no way they're going to give up their narrative that it is literally 100% impossible for a black man to get justice in this country. They can't allow there to be any hope for our current system. If Chauvin gets off on the murder charges but not the manslaughter charge, there will be riots. Even if Chauvin gets convicted on all charges, they'll protest if they think the jury took too long to deliberate. Even if the jury returns with a verdict in under an hour, they'll protest because they'll claim that he should have just been hanged without a trial.

I'm think that, more than anything, they are hoping that Chauvin gets off, so that they can justify more severe violence. Last summer, they pushed the narrative that burning down buildings, looting, and using non-lethal force against their enemies was necessary because peace wasn't working. You have to know they're itching to claim that this trial proved that it wasn't enough, and now they have no choice but to kill.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    More from EMT Karen...
    I still can't figure out if she was there as a bystander (in which case, she had no duty to act), or in a professional capacity. In either case, based on her statement, she'd be nuclear to me. Not only would I not ride with her, I'd make her life a living hell.
    Just my opinion, but if you can help, but choose not to, perhaps you need to throttle back on the decision to become a witness?
    Anyone working with her needs to understand she folds like a $5.00 card table when it suits her.
    Sometimes when stuff goes a little sideways, it's not what happened that gets you. It's the way the half baked "Experts" working with you interpret what happened or what they think they saw when they talk behind your back.
    I got, got one time like that and it still pisses me off.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    No matter what happens, the left will not be satisfied. There's no way they're going to give up their narrative that it is literally 100% impossible for a black man to get justice in this country. They can't allow there to be any hope for our current system. If Chauvin gets off on the murder charges but not the manslaughter charge, there will be riots. Even if Chauvin gets convicted on all charges, they'll protest if they think the jury took too long to deliberate. Even if the jury returns with a verdict in under an hour, they'll protest because they'll claim that he should have just been hanged without a trial.

I'm think that, more than anything, they are hoping that Chauvin gets off, so that they can justify more severe violence. Last summer, they pushed the narrative that burning down buildings, looting, and using non-lethal force against their enemies was necessary because peace wasn't working. You have to know they're itching to claim that this trial proved that it wasn't enough, and now they have no choice but to kill.
    There will be riots or peaceful protests unless the outcome has Chauvin being dragged around by the balls, then hung, chopped up and his remains burned ....and still won't satisfy people.

Lose lose situation

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Just my opinion, but if you can help, but choose not to, perhaps you need to throttle back on the decision to become a witness?

Anyone working with her needs to understand she folds like a $5.00 card table when it suits her.
    Sometimes when stuff goes a little sideways, it's not what happened that gets you. It's the way the half baked "Experts" working with you interpret what happened or what they think they saw when they talk behind your back.
    I got, got one time like that and it still pisses me off.
    Hansen was the off-duty firefighter. When she came on the scene she identified herself as such. One of the LEOs asked if she was actually a firefighter to which she replied yes. She was then told she should know to stay away and was told to get back to the sidewalk. She repeatedly said that Floyd's pulse needed to be checked which apparently was ignored by the LEOs. It wasn't that she 'chose' not to help, but was told to stay away. It's on video.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 03-31-21 at 18:33.

Feedback Score
    There will be riots again without a doubt. Hopefully they are bad enough that I will get more time to work from home versus going in since I work Downtown Minneapolis. With that said, Floyd is a POS that cost himself his life through drug use, not complying with directions and being a career dirtbag. It is without a doubt that Chauvin and fellow officers were negligent with the handling of Floyd once he was on the ground. There was no need to a knee to the neck regardless of training. I worked long enough in juvenile corrections to know when the restraint fits the situation.

Feedback Score
    Let them riot. The more they do, the more they wake the sleeping giant.

I'm not on board with convicting a man of murder, when he didn't murder anyone, because of peer pressure, or fear of riots, or because it fits a communist narrative. If people want to riot over that, then we can deal with them too.

Even worse is jury intimidation. That can't be allowed to happen if we want to maintain any sort of civilization here. If things devolve into a free-for-all, the left is going to get the short end of that stick.
    Last edited by Bulletdog; 03-31-21 at 19:41.
    "Literally EVERYTHING is in space, Morty." Grandpa Rick Sanchez

Feedback Score
    Double tap
    "Literally EVERYTHING is in space, Morty." Grandpa Rick Sanchez

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I call Bullshit.

If someone has been wigging out and is not predictably controllable and you have them subdued; you keep them there until you can get them loaded and gone.

They have full video. He actively keeps from being properly seated in the backseat.

I maintain that they did the only thing they could with what they had at the time. It’s called the Reasonableness Standard. There’s no hard and fast time limit. You have to look at the totality of the circumstances.

Chauvin and Co were the farthest thing from negligent here. They were more than correct to turn away EMT Karen. She was not readily identifiable as EMT, had no equipment, and was simply in no position to do anything or volunteer. This isn’t Doogie Howser where someone says “I’m a Doctor” and fixes some rando dudes problem. That doesn’t happen.

Per Juvenile Corrections, you are severely limited in what you can do with a Juvenile. It is absolutely not the same as real police work.

There is too much case law here justifying their actions. Also WTF is checking his pulse going to do? When he’s talking he’s obviously communicative. When unconscious, what can they do at that point? If someone has depressed lung function, they need to be intubated. Not just CPR. CPR is not pretty and you will probably break a rib if you do it for too long.

The officers DO NOT INTUBATE. EMT Karen couldn’t intubate either because A. Off duty B. Not a real Paramedic C. A Dumbass.

All these FCKING EXPERTS here with shit for brains because of virtue signaling or trying to keep their last oreo black friend by trying to find some small hang up to blame the police on.

A piece of shit died. Big deal. Happens literally every day. I would actually argue that the world is better off. Had they not hooked wagons to Floyd or Armed Robbery er Ahmaud Arbery then it’d be somebody else.

You’re doing their hard work for them and no you aren’t being a Freedom Loving Patriot by virtue signaling.
    Screw these people.

Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast