Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Recommendations for armor rated for SS109 M855 green tip...

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphtali View Post
    I've spent ~20 days training under 8 or 9 of them as instructors,.
    Weird flex, but OK.

The reason I changed my post to “I might be wrong” or however I said that, is that I failed to consider that not everyone with a need, real or perceived, to wear body armor has the opportunity or dedication to wear it often enough for it to become a non-issue. Or the body type of a professional doorkicker. So, yeah, in that way, I am wrong. Know your audience, and all that. After our discussion the other day, I asked someone else for a sanity check, and got some illumination on the issue. For example, there is a particular buttstock that I have found to snag on my gear more often than others. I forgot about that. So I changed the attitude of my post.

With that said, you’ll notice I did not correct the post above it, because it is still true. If the difference in being able to fight effectively or not is 1” vs 1/2”, the problem isn’t the brand of plate, its the wearer. Sure, what you said above is mostly true, and thinner is nice. So I get plenty of exercise. I’m sure there is a line somewhere where plate thickness becomes a distinct problem for shooting, specifically.

Be safe, don’t get shot, and wear your gear often.
    RLTW
    “Y-you realize that nighttime makes up half of all time?” -Rick Sanchez

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Weird flex, but OK.
    Not a "flex." The number of different Tier 1 folks I've had as course instructors, and how much time I spent with them, is very relevant based on what I was claiming. Your "you must hang out with Tier 1 guys" comment was sarcastic and implied I was making my post up. That's the data to the contrary.

Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    If the difference in being able to fight effectively or not is 1” vs 1/2”, the problem isn’t the brand of plate, its the wearer.
    I couldn't disagree more. It is a matter of opinion though, but every person I've met who wears them for a living wants thinner and lighter, so long as the ballistic / NIJ rating meets or exceeds their minimum.
    Last edited by Naphtali; 07-23-21 at 13:10.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Nevermind. You guys have a nice weekend.
    Last edited by 1168; 07-23-21 at 15:47.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphtali View Post
    Not a "flex." The number of different Tier 1 folks I've had as course instructors, and how much time I spent with them, is very relevant based on what I was claiming. Your "you must hang out with Tier 1 guys" comment was sarcastic and implied I was making my post up. That's the data to the contrary.

I couldn't disagree more. It is a matter of opinion though, but every person I've met who wears them for a living wants thinner and lighter, so long as the ballistic / NIJ rating meets or exceeds their minimum.
    Show DD214 or shut the **** up.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Show DD214 or shut the **** up.
    The real question is, did you go running in your armor today?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456