Quote Originally Posted by Naphtali View Post
I've spent ~20 days training under 8 or 9 of them as instructors,.
Weird flex, but OK.

The reason I changed my post to “I might be wrong” or however I said that, is that I failed to consider that not everyone with a need, real or perceived, to wear body armor has the opportunity or dedication to wear it often enough for it to become a non-issue. Or the body type of a professional doorkicker. So, yeah, in that way, I am wrong. Know your audience, and all that. After our discussion the other day, I asked someone else for a sanity check, and got some illumination on the issue. For example, there is a particular buttstock that I have found to snag on my gear more often than others. I forgot about that. So I changed the attitude of my post.

With that said, you’ll notice I did not correct the post above it, because it is still true. If the difference in being able to fight effectively or not is 1” vs 1/2”, the problem isn’t the brand of plate, its the wearer. Sure, what you said above is mostly true, and thinner is nice. So I get plenty of exercise. I’m sure there is a line somewhere where plate thickness becomes a distinct problem for shooting, specifically.

Be safe, don’t get shot, and wear your gear often.