Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ready, Fire, Aim DEZ Arms

Feedback Score
    Double tap

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pressingonward View Post
    I used their 18" barrel for my build. I'm happy with it; accuracy seems pretty good, though I haven't shot it with a scope or handloads to really tell. Finish scratches too easily would be my only complaint. Maybe a bit overgassed judging by the ejection pattern (throws them towards 1-2 o clock)

It's my first rifle so take my opinion with a grain of salt. I've got a thread on my build (and beginner mistakes) here: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...g-from-failure

You are a brave soul! Attempting both a piston AND a 7.62 on your first build! Good write up and discussion on that thread. Not my first build but I am almost done with this one. Just waiting on a BCG to come back in stock at Young.

Feedback Score

I made a SA Piston Kit build with a DEZ Arms 16" barrel, works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    You are a brave soul! Attempting both a piston AND a 7.62 on your first build! Good write up and discussion on that thread. Not my first build but I am almost done with this one. Just waiting on a BCG to come back in stock at Young.
    I posted details about it in another thread. Took it to a class 100% no failures. 160 rounds at a range and I only got 1 failure to fire with the enhanced firing pin. The primer was dented really hard I loaded it again, and boom.

Feedback Score
    Finally got this thing together and took it to the indoor range yesterday to get it on paper and do a function check. The barrel seems to be gassed correctly. Ejection pattern was just shy of 3 o'clock. Running an H2 buffer and RCA BCG. Using Tula steel case, a milspec trigger (waiting on my MBT 2S to ship) and a Vortex Spitfire 3x. So far it looks promising. Now, this is only at 25 yards so I'm not declaring this thing to be a tack driver (the proof will be when I get it outdoors next weekend at 100 yards plus) but so far I am happy with how this barrel and rifle are performing. Again, 25 yards. All targets are at least 5 rounds. Upper right had I believe 7 rounds and lower left had 6. Top left was a trigger jerk on my part.

7.62 .jpg
    Last edited by Dutch110; 06-13-21 at 11:43.

Feedback Score
    Very nice!

Feedback Score
    Cool! Be interesting to see how it does at 100 yards

Feedback Score
    Yeah I have more ammo showing up tomorrow. If I can hold a 3 inch group at 100 with steel case ammo I will be very happy TBH. If I dont reply to this thread by Monday morning it means it went horribly wrong and I don't want to memorialize it on the interwebs

Feedback Score
    Made it outside to the range this past weekend. I mounted a Vortex 1-6 Strike Eagle on it. First two shots in the upper left are the first shots (did a poor man's bore sighting before heading out.) The two at 6 o'clock low are my next two shots after adjusting for windage and elevation (a little too much on the last one.) The rest were after my final adjustment. I should probably back off elevation a few clicks but once I started making that big hole I got a little giddy. Overall I am very happy. This was done with steel case 122 gr fmj at 100 yards.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123