Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ready, Fire, Aim DEZ Arms

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    I'll keep you guys in the loop once its here and the build is complete.
    Please do. I should mention that that I have no experience with a 762x39 platform AR, and I'm not familiar with the specs or intricacies of building one so I could be way off base. I'll ask around about them, I have a good amount of friends that train, or teach training in and around Madison and they'll probably have a better idea of how well they perform.

Feedback Score
    Double tap

Feedback Score
    I stopped in their store / indoor range. Left shortly after I saw the guy behind the counter wearing a plate carrier with a giant Range Officer patch on it talking to the 7 customers like he was the the worlds most badass commando. As far as their products the only experience I have with them was checking out one of their lowers. It was the same price as the BCM next to it so I went with the BCM.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    So I live not far away from DEZ, or Baraboo, but I was and still am hesitant as to their quality as they list their 'Mil-Spec' upper as 4140 and 1:9 twist barrel. This just makes me wonder. I know that years ago Huldra Arms (which used to advertise on this site) was the Fleet Farm guy's son who just re-branded Adams arms rifles as his own, and I thought that this was something similar for DPMS (under the Freedom Group at the time) to do for SOTA, Superior arms and a few others. I had my thoughts that this was what was going on with DEZ. This plus the Yankee Hill accessories, and I just want to know how they are assembling and doing QA on their products.
    Of the companies you mentioned I’ve heard of Yankee Hill and DPMS, and not a lot of good from the later.

Feedback Score
    Double tap

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nadnklipsch View Post
    I stopped in their store / indoor range. Left shortly after I saw the guy behind the counter wearing a plate carrier with a giant Range Officer patch on it talking to the 7 customers like he was the the worlds most badass commando. As far as their products the only experience I have with them was checking out one of their lowers. It was the same price as the BCM next to it so I went with the BCM.
    In all fairness there have been times I was working as an RO where I wished I was wearing a plate carrier

Feedback Score

World of Cheese

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XGC-wv9GG0

The guy doing this video is on a whole other level of cheeseball but it does show that they have their own manufacturing. But some of those barrels on their shelf sure do look like YHM barrels........

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Barrel came in over the weekend. So far so good. Looks to be very well made. Nitride coating is even. Target crown is targetty. Chamber might need a bit of scotch brite but looks good. Lands and grooves are clean. Ran a bore patch through it and no snags or burrs. They claim the barrel is button rifled and hand lapped. So far I have no reason to disbelieve that. VERY snug fit in my upper. Feed ramps line up nicely. Once the rest of the parts come in I'll get it fired up and we'll see how it shoots. They gave some very detailed break in instructions.

Feedback Score
    I used their 18" barrel for my build. I'm happy with it; accuracy seems pretty good, though I haven't shot it with a scope or handloads to really tell. Finish scratches too easily would be my only complaint. Maybe a bit overgassed judging by the ejection pattern (throws them towards 1-2 o clock)

It's my first rifle so take my opinion with a grain of salt. I've got a thread on my build (and beginner mistakes) here: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...g-from-failure

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast