Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you wear eye / ear protection when reloading?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    If you mean reading glasses like the ones sold in dollar stores and pharmacies, they make safety glasses with bifocal sections that are the trick.

https://www.fullsource.com/elvex-rx-200/

Just don't get full lens magnifiers. I didn't catch that on an order once.
    Those are very good glasses, I own several pairs. The full lens magnifiers are good for people who's eyesight is not as good as it was 40 years ago. I wear 0.5 power to 0.75 power full lens magnifiers when competing in iron sight rifle matches.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    Since I have accumulated enough birthdays to have my vision affected, I wear safety glasses 100% of the time when I reload. I wear magnified safety glasses, so I can see what I am doing. Safety Glasses USA sells safety glasses with different degrees of magnification at reasonable prices that I also wear while working around the garage.
    I didn't make it to page 2 lol.

A buddy of mine recommended some to me and less than 2 weeks after I got them I was working on a spring loaded part (small enough I would have needed my little readers to see) that I got to watch hit the safety lens when my grip slipped.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    Those are very good glasses, I own several pairs. The full lens magnifiers are good for people who's eyesight is not as good as it was 40 years ago. I wear 0.5 power to 0.75 power full lens magnifiers when competing in iron sight rifle matches.
    I should have added a qualifier on to the "just don't get". I can't handle walking around with them on, but seated they do fine. Bifocal ones I will wear to the store and tend to just keep them on around the house.

There is at least 1 company making bifocal safety glasses that have the magnifiers in the top half of the lens for overhead work like a vehicle on the rack.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Eye Pro Channel.

All Eye Pro, All The Time.

If I'm doing anything, or sometimes nothing, I'm wearing it. For sure when doing anything reloading. To do otherwise is to say "I know for a fact nothing can go wrong here, in fact I'd bet my vision on it".

I get my glasses at Safetyglassesusa.com, you can get some very good stuff not too expensive, plus you can get a lot of them as sunglasses and with various bifocal magnifiers because I am getting, I mean in case any of you should get, old. Full disclosure, I know the owner there although I have not seen him or talked to him for years..... I just know him. Vet owned biz that happens to be in my home town. Now they're doing coffee too and it's good.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I know several guys that run these. https://www.amazon.com/StickTite-Sun...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ== They have safety glasses they really like but the glasses lack magnification.

Feedback Score
    Eye protection without exception, and only a fool does not. No ear protection though along with good grade mechanics nitrile gloves I get for free from work.

Feedback Score
    Ear protection, no. I've worn glasses since I was 7, as an adult have always had shatter resistant lenses. It's not full osha shop eye protection, as there are no side shields, but there's something in front of my eyes.
    I wouldn't see good enough to do it without them.
    NRA Life, SASS#40701, Glock Advanced Armorer
    Gunsmith for Unique Armament Creations LLC, 07/SOT

VIGILIA PRETIUM LIBERTATIS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123