Thread: Troy Fixed Rear Sight?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Troy Fixed Rear Sight?

I am putting a fixed (non-folding) rear sight on my 9mm AR to replace the temporary MaTech. It has a Troy "HK" front.

Any technical reason not to go with the Troy? I have a DD fixed rear on one AR and I like it well enough, but the are not "same plane" as I understand the Troys are.

Thanks

Andy

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Should be fine. Same plane makes more sense to me. Samson also has a same plane option.

https://www.samson-mfg.com/fixed-rear-sight-sp.html

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I am putting a fixed (non-folding) rear sight on my 9mm AR to replace the temporary MaTech. It has a Troy "HK" front.

Any technical reason not to go with the Troy? I have a DD fixed rear on one AR and I like it well enough, but the are not "same plane" as I understand the Troys are.

Thanks

Andy
    I have a few of the Troy fixed sights. They work well. No issues at all.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    You guys are reading way too much into Troy's "Same Plane" statement.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    You guys are reading way too much into Troy's "Same Plane" statement.
    The apertures are supposed to be same plane too. Not mentioned in their written description, but gets pointed out in a video on their folding irons.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    The apertures are supposed to be same plane too. Not mentioned in their written description, but gets pointed out in a video on their folding irons.
    They should have said .. Standard height. I cannot imagine any manufacturer making fixed or folding sights that wouldn't work with "A" marked FSB or carry handles. There are oddball folders that work on gas block rails and some HK piston guns but they are the exception not the rule.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    They should have said .. Standard height. I cannot imagine any manufacturer making fixed or folding sights that wouldn't work with "A" marked FSB or carry handles. There are oddball folders that work on gas block rails and some HK piston guns but they are the exception not the rule.
    Yes standard height, but they are referring to no vertical offset when u switch from small to large apertures. At least that’s my understanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Update - I picked up a DD fixed rear on the EE. I was willing to give Troy a chance, but the Daniel Defense is rock solid (its my second DD) and a good buy.

I will be using the DD rear on an 11" barreled 9x19 AR with a Troy fixed "HK" front.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 04-24-21 at 17:07.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I mounted the new-to-me DD fixed rear on my 11" barreled AR-9 pistol and hit the range today. Zeroed at 25 yards (meters?) with the front and rear sights set at a click or two from mechanical zero.

A 25 yard zero should put POI within 2" of POA out to 100 yards, which is probably about as far as I will shoot it.

Andy

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have Troy flip ups on one rifle, but I like the DD fixed rear sights for my rifles with an FSB....