Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Violent Crime in Baltimore Plunges ...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiservontexas View Post
    Stat manipulation and so I agree with the posts on here,

Hookers and drugs should be legalized.

Yes, I understand my opinion here is not popular. Still does not answer why violent crime is down because they decided to take this action. And why would somebody, not involved with the criminals, not report molestation, murder, and rape? Those crimes have a nasty habit of reaching out and grabbing just about anybody at anytime for no rhyme or reason. Would not public safety demand going at such criminals hard and with full force?
    It's obviously manipulation. To address your second points first: nobody is hiding murders, shootings, ... that would backfire on them. They can however play with the reporting details of lesser violent offenses. Say you take a portion of your violent crimes like assault, mugging, armed robbery and misrepresent them in the reporting of stats. Call them disorderlies, simple robberies or thefts, POOF less "violent" crime statistically.

I'm with you on a workable legalization of drugs and prostitution. Cut the criminal elements out if the drug pipeline, and give some liability protection to the market (this shit will kill you, don't do it, but if you do don't blame us kind of thing). Buyer beware, and no relief for the consequences of your choices. If prostitutes are not trafficked, pimped, or otherwise victimized by others, I'm all good with legalized prostitution. But there's a lot of ugly shit in that world as it sits now.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That's just the same buulshit that the "authorities" here in WA have been doing.

A while back they said "hey look doods, meth crime and use has been goin' down, yo".

All it was was numbers....they began laying off of prosecutions and enforcement.

Now it's even worse, with the latest trend to NOT arrest or prosecute for many, many petty crimes, and being very lenient on even alot of violent stuff.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I know of a city which had a new chief of police who felt the best way to increase public safety was to show that violent crime was down. He had burglary reports downgraded to vandalism’s, robbery reports changed to theft, and on and on. With two sets of numbers, he was able to show whatever he wanted.

Eliminating prosecution won’t change officers arrests. NYC already has shown what emphasis on minor infractions does, it cleans the streets and keeps taxpaying citizens safer.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    It gets better:

BALTIMORE, MD– On Friday, April 9th, the Baltimore City Police issued a memo to officers with new instructions about police enforcement procedures.

#NEW: FOX45 has obtained documents shedding light into how City State's Attorney’s new policies are now being enforced. Weeks ago Marilyn Mosby announced her office will no longer prosecute certain crimes she considers low-level. More on @FOXBaltimorehttps://t.co/2Cm578a7hM

— Rachel Aragon (@RachelANews) April 12, 2021

The letter’s subject line was “Continued Modified Enforcement Procedures” and said, in part:

“Charges for certain offenses may be effectuated by requesting a charging document from a District Court Commissioner. This an be done only after consulting with a lieutenant or above to determine whether seeking criminal charges is appropriate and reasonable based on the likely outcomes.”

The letter then listed off the offenses to which that order would apply to:

CDS (drug) possession;
    Attempted distribution of CDS;
    Paraphernalia possession;
    Prostitution;
    Trespassing;
    Minor traffic offenses;
    Open container;
    Rogue and vagabond; and
    Urinating/defecating in public.

Cont:

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...se-procedures/
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    It gets better:

BALTIMORE, MD– On Friday, April 9th, the Baltimore City Police issued a memo to officers with new instructions about police enforcement procedures.

#NEW: FOX45 has obtained documents shedding light into how City State's Attorney’s new policies are now being enforced. Weeks ago Marilyn Mosby announced her office will no longer prosecute certain crimes she considers low-level. More on @FOXBaltimorehttps://t.co/2Cm578a7hM

— Rachel Aragon (@RachelANews) April 12, 2021

The letter’s subject line was “Continued Modified Enforcement Procedures” and said, in part:

“Charges for certain offenses may be effectuated by requesting a charging document from a District Court Commissioner. This an be done only after consulting with a lieutenant or above to determine whether seeking criminal charges is appropriate and reasonable based on the likely outcomes.”

The letter then listed off the offenses to which that order would apply to:

CDS (drug) possession;
    Attempted distribution of CDS;
    Paraphernalia possession;
    Prostitution;
    Trespassing;
    Minor traffic offenses;
    Open container;
    Rogue and vagabond; and
    Urinating/defecating in public.

Cont:

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...se-procedures/
    Ahhh....Seattle, Part Deux.

Feedback Score
    I’m working in the hood of baltimore as I type this. Crime plunging or any signs of slowing down is absolutely laughable 😂

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by graffex View Post
    I’m working in the hood of baltimore as I type this. Crime plunging or any signs of slowing down is absolutely laughable 😂
    https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...ight-shootings

"Word is Police Commissioner Harrison will need to close 2 police districts. As of today, Patrol has fallen below 700 sworn officers! #500copsshort #cityincrisis @BaltimorePolice @GLFOP"
    Approx 600,000 pop in Baltimore. Welcome to Gotham City my friends.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123