Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Critical Race Theory and how it is used to silence the masses

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    Kinda like any criticism of Israel, or of USA's relationship to Israel, instantly gets you called an "anti-semite."
    Yes, your victim mentality helps to underscore the argument.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    Double tap
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Kinda like any criticism of Israel, or of USA's relationship to Israel, instantly gets you called an "anti-semite."
    You sound like an anti-semite

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Kinda like how supporting Israel instantly gets you called anti-Islam.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 04-02-21 at 09:19.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Wink

I tend to laugh at the proponents. You can actually hear the brain wheels squeaking, when they're trying to decide if they're "offended" or not.

- Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have seen a few people seemed to get the anti-semite label for opposing foreign welfare that didn't include an exemption for Israel as well as not being fans of US monetary policy in general. I wasn't following any of those people around as they went about their days so I guess something happened, but I recall at least one of those having Jews on their talk show and the interactions were always friendly.

Flip side, one of the early test runs of cancel culture about 20 years ago was a bank trying to shaft a gun shop where the owner was Jewish and he found a media outlet friendly to the cause and ran with the story the bank was closing his account because he was Jewish. Also brings to mind the crazed antifa female going off on a MAGA cap wearing man for being a Nazi while he had a kippah on underneath the cap.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Critical race theory and intersectionality are being taught in schools, and not taught as "one theory, something to consider," it's being taught as gospel. Teachers are using that not to inform, but rather to counterargue and indoctrinate.

Good article 'What Happens When A Slogan Becomes the Curriculum':

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...school/618277/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post

Thanks for the article, good read, especially from the Atlantic.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Critical race theory and intersectionality are being taught in schools, and not taught as "one theory, something to consider," it's being taught as gospel. Teachers are using that not to inform, but rather to counterargue and indoctrinate.

That's my biggest problem. It's not a point of view; it's taught not only as an irrefutable truth, but a moral mandate. You cannot question anything that CRT says and call yourself fit to live. It's quasi-religious; you have to believe that the works of people like Ibram Kendi and Robin DiAngelo are inerrant. You can't even say "I agree, there's racism in the world, but this isn't how to deal with it..." No, this is the only way. All other ways are racist and evil. This is the way, the truth, and the life.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've read a smattering on CRT. I still don't really understand what it is. I'm asking quite seriously: can anybody give me a working definition?

Because it seems to be a general complaint that "people and institutions in the USA are racist" (some certainly are, others maybe not).

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast