Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Critical Race Theory and how it is used to silence the masses

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    I've read a smattering on CRT. I still don't really understand what it is. I'm asking quite seriously: can anybody give me a working definition?

Because it seems to be a general complaint that "people and institutions in the USA are racist" (some certainly are, others maybe not).
    I studied up on it a little. If I remember correctly, it has its roots in Marxism. I don't remember all of the details. It is not very logical so it is hard to grasp it.

All that matters is if your white you are the problem.....the problem with everything. And the only way that people of color can he lifted up is if we are lowered down.

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    I've read a smattering on CRT. I still don't really understand what it is. I'm asking quite seriously: can anybody give me a working definition?

Because it seems to be a general complaint that "people and institutions in the USA are racist" (some certainly are, others maybe not).
    From Wiki. and just the watercooler bit:

CRT is loosely unified by two common themes:

First, that white supremacy exists and maintains power through the law.[6]
    Second, that transforming the relationship between law and racial power, as well as achieving racial emancipation and anti-subordination more broadly, are possible.[7]

Of course, there's a lot more, but that's the crux of it. Society, wealth, and social standing is seen from the perspective of being a victim of extrinsic, institutional, and legally-based racism.
    Last edited by chuckman; 04-02-21 at 11:26.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    From Wiki. and just the watercooler bit:

CRT is loosely unified by two common themes:

First, that white supremacy exists and maintains power through the law.[6]
    Second, that transforming the relationship between law and racial power, as well as achieving racial emancipation and anti-subordination more broadly, are possible.[7]

Of course, there's a lot more, but that's the crux of it. Society, wealth, and social standing is seen from the perspective of being a victim of extrinsic, institutional, and legally-based racism.
    From www.britannica.com/topic/critical-race-theory

Critical race theory (CRT), the view that the law and legal institutions are inherently racist and that race itself, instead of being biologically grounded and natural, is a socially constructed concept that is used by white people to further their economic and political interests at the expense of people of colour. According to critical race theory (CRT), racial inequality emerges from the social, economic, and legal differences that white people create between “races” to maintain elite white interests in labour markets and politics, giving rise to poverty and criminality in many minority communities. The CRT movement officially organized itself in 1989, at the first annual Workshop on Critical Race Theory, though its intellectual origins go back much further, to the 1960s and ’70s.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    That's my biggest problem. It's not a point of view; it's taught not only as an irrefutable truth, but a moral mandate. You cannot question anything that CRT says and call yourself fit to live. It's quasi-religious; you have to believe that the works of people like Ibram Kendi and Robin DiAngelo are inerrant
    That is the one thing we have going for us, I'm not saying religion is bad, but the preaching portion of CRT is ultimately the achilles heel. People do not like to be told what to do or how to do it. The issue with CRT is it wedges a divide between people that politicians and others in power can ultimately control, its divide and conqueror, and it is working.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    From www.britannica.com/topic/critical-race-theory

Critical race theory (CRT), the view that the law and legal institutions are inherently racist and that race itself, instead of being biologically grounded and natural, is a socially constructed concept that is used by white people to further their economic and political interests at the expense of people of colour. According to critical race theory (CRT), racial inequality emerges from the social, economic, and legal differences that white people create between “races” to maintain elite white interests in labour markets and politics, giving rise to poverty and criminality in many minority communities. The CRT movement officially organized itself in 1989, at the first annual Workshop on Critical Race Theory, though its intellectual origins go back much further, to the 1960s and ’70s.
    CRT is the foundation of "Antiracism" which generally operates like this:

-A truly colorblind society is completely impossible, and people SHOULD be seen according to their race.

-There is no such thing as anything, or anyone, being "non-racist". Everything, EVERYTHING, is either racist or antiracist. Claiming neutrality is the same as claiming support for racism; therefore, "non-racist" is in fact "racist". Basically, you are with them or against them; no sitting on the sidelines.

-Equality is undesirable, because in a system where everybody gets an equal opportunity and equal treatment, people of color will always still be oppressed by inherent racism. What is needed is equity, not equality. Equality is equal opportunity, equity is equal outcomes.

-In order to achieve equity, oppressed people need to be given extra rights and resources, while white people may need to be denied those opportunities.

-Personal freedom and democracy are inherently racist because only white people truly experience them.

-Because our society is inherently and irrevocably racist, it is necessary to create a government force staffed by "trained antiracists" that does not answer to anybody, which will have total power over the entire nation, and will be empowered to enforce all antiracist laws and actions, and take "disciplinary action" against anybody who engages in racism.

Also, a recent writing suggested that genocide, or as they called it "counter genocide" may be a necessary action to take to "stop the spread of 'whiteness'".

So yes, all this stuff is, indeed, as bad as it sounds. This point of view is not a Daily Wire, Newsmax, or InfoWars take on it; it's directly from the mouths of antiracist proponents. Yes, they do mean to pack us into the showers.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    CRT came out of the Frankfurt school in Germany in 20's and 30's as a modification of classical Marxism. The oppressed/oppressor economic classes as the foundational categories, then other types of relationships, like race, were piggybacked onto Marxist thinking. Today you could add LGBT/Christians onto the oppressed/oppressor categories.

https://iep.utm.edu/frankfur/

Feedback Score
    What law is permitting the government to be exclusionary? I was taught that the brave civil right leaders got Jim Crow revoked. I know I am just another’s okay boomer, when in reality I am just a slacking gen xer.

I do not understand any of this garbage. What I do understand is that we are all non-repeatable human beings. Oh and that as long as you are chill about things, you are invited to the party.
    Member of the JPFO, NRA, and TSRA!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just thought this was fitting...white boy got choked up by the gesture & got the girly voice. Good stuff!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/fudd50/st...06105574391814
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiservontexas View Post
    What law is permitting the government to be exclusionary? I was taught that the brave civil right leaders got Jim Crow revoked. I know I am just another’s okay boomer, when in reality I am just a slacking gen xer.

I do not understand any of this garbage. What I do understand is that we are all non-repeatable human beings. Oh and that as long as you are chill about things, you are invited to the party.
    Law? There is no law that allows this. They just ignore things like the Civil Rights Act of 1964 at a bureaucratic level or Joe EO's CRT back into the military. The CRA of 64 isn't worth a good roll of toilet paper these days.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Seems to me that white folks like the legal and electoral system as long as it elects people they like.

But when it starts electing people they don't like, they're quick to throw it out.
    They claim the election was stolen, and try to change the electoral vote, and end up storming the Capitol on insurrection Day.

How does this fit in with CRT?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast