Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I bought a new 6920 yesterday.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    $1100 not bad for this market. I've seen 'em priced $1600 online or at gun shows.

I got one 3 years ago. It had a similar thick coating of oil. I blasted all the oil out of it with brake cleaner and cleaned it.

These are good no frills rifles.
    I bet you paid a lot less than OP did.

Gave $800 cash for one NIB, out the door guessing about 6 months before Trump won his presidential election. As that election got closer and closer I saw friends pay much more for the same exact rifle. (friends buying from the same exact LGS that I bought mine from earlier in the year)

The guy that bought last before that election paid the most.

Just because you see someone pay a crazy sum of money for something does not mean it is 'worth' that crazy ass sum of money. A good example of this is the current price of primers at places like Gunraper. Just because people are currently bidding and paying $400 (and / or more) for a thousand primers does not mean that is a 'good price'. All it really means is that a desperate / impatient fool was parted with their money. (buying when demand is high and supply is low and paying the 'stupid tax' because of it)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    I bet you paid a lot less than OP did.

Gave $800 cash for one NIB...

Just because you see someone pay a crazy sum of money for something does not mean it is 'worth' that crazy ass sum of money.
    And conversely, just becasue you got a screaming deal on something, doesn't mean that someone else that paid normal market price is crazy. If you found one for $800, you got a deal.

I bought my 6920 in 1997 when they first came out (22XX serial #), were marked "Law Enforcement Officers Carbine" and were only available on department letterhead for individual purchase, for $749 + tax.

Even years later after the AWB sunset, they were hanging around in local shops for $995. Fast forward 10- 15 years from that to present and adjust for inflation, Covid tax, and election hysteria, and $1100 isn't a bad price.
    Last edited by kwb377; 04-13-21 at 12:16.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Considering I saw used 6920s going for $1,500.00 during the peak of the Covid panic, $1,100.00 seems like a fair deal.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I bought my first personally owned AR, an LE6920 in ‘08 and IIRC it was about $11-1200.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The closest I'll get to a Colt 6920, a 6920 upper mated to an LMT lower.

"One can lead a child to knowledge, but one cannot make him think."
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Rico View Post
    The closest I'll get to a Colt 6920, a 6920 upper mated to an LMT lower.

Ain’t nothing wrong with lmt afaik. Besides it’s the Colt bolts and barrels that have all the secret sauce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Congrats on your new Colt! I bought a Turkish pistol that must have been dunked in a barrel of oil before shipping, so I feel your pain. At least it was not cosmoline.

Andy

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks guys. The great thing is the bolt and the barrel are properly marked.
    "One can lead a child to knowledge, but one cannot make him think."
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I just picked up 2 6920s Friday.

Cage code markings: barrel, upper receiver, charging handle, stock.

Hammer is non-notched, marked with an F, trigger is marked with S. Standard GI trigger; not good, not bad.

Barrel is marked with C MP, barrel maker mark on 1 barrel is an R. The other barrel doesn’t have a makers mark. Both barrels were marked with yellow paint mark at the FSB.

Bolt carrier is marked with a C. Bolt is marked with MPC. The bolt markings are very very light. No white paint mark on the bolt.

Front sight base is non-F marked but is marked with the <B>.

Inside of pistol grip is marked F3.

Both rifles are 5 numbers off from each other. Standard Colt from what I’ve seen, comparing these 2 to 2 other LE6920s I have ; 1 was purchased in 2005 (Large pin) and the other was purchased 2016. Heavy CLP on both rifles, definitely test fired judging by the bolt face. Everything else is solid. Hopefully I’ll have range time next weekend.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    I just picked up 2 6920s Friday.

Cage code markings: barrel, upper receiver, charging handle, stock.

Hammer is non-notched,
    What year stamp on the barrels?

Odd that the hammers are not bastardized.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast