Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I bought a new 6920 yesterday.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    $1100 not bad for this market. I've seen 'em priced $1600 online or at gun shows.

I got one 3 years ago. It had a similar thick coating of oil. I blasted all the oil out of it with brake cleaner and cleaned it.

These are good no frills rifles.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have always wanted a 6920 as a base line rifle to rate all the other rifles against (times and splits) and as a starter rifle for students. I had a Noveske N4 matched gun that was a 6920 clone done by Noveske and had to sell during a divorce unfortunately. Loved that rifle :-(

Happy you got a good one!
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have always wanted a 6920 as a base line rifle to rate all the other rifles against (times and splits) and as a starter rifle for students. I had a Noveske N4 matched gun that was a 6920 clone done by Noveske and had to sell during a divorce unfortunately. Loved that rifle :-(

"First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Fundi View Post

I have an early N4 model that Johnny ended up giving me / horse trading. That’s back when they had just started doing the Cross across the upper and lower to show it was manufactured as a complete rifle.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Fundi View Post

I have an early N4 model that Johnny ended up giving me / horse trading. That’s back when they had just started doing the Cross across the upper and lower to show it was manufactured as a complete rifle.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Not new, but I have a lightly used 6920 upper headed my way. Should be delivered tomorrow afternoon, I can't wait.
    "One can lead a child to knowledge, but one cannot make him think."
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Rico View Post
    Not new, but I have a lightly used 6920 upper headed my way. Should be delivered tomorrow afternoon, I can't wait.
    I’m interested to hear what other uppers you have and how that 6920 compares in feel to those.

I’ve been some comparisons lately and the results are counter to common opinion.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    I’m interested to hear what other uppers you have and how that 6920 compares in feel to those.

I’ve been some comparisons lately and the results are counter to common opinion.
    What comparisons have you seen? I'd be interested in the data.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Be happy to share my thoughts, but it'll be a while. Ammo is still thin on the ground here and my stash is uncomfortably low.
    "One can lead a child to knowledge, but one cannot make him think."
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    6920 is still the gold standard, just because. And it is great to have a nice base gun. I have a base model LMT 10.5 with iron sights and plastic hand guard. It's fun to go back to basics. Had a 6920 like everyone else and sold it like an idiot.

I have others but no baseline models.

PB

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast