Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
$1100 not bad for this market. I've seen 'em priced $1600 online or at gun shows.

I got one 3 years ago. It had a similar thick coating of oil. I blasted all the oil out of it with brake cleaner and cleaned it.

These are good no frills rifles.
I bet you paid a lot less than OP did.

Gave $800 cash for one NIB, out the door guessing about 6 months before Trump won his presidential election. As that election got closer and closer I saw friends pay much more for the same exact rifle. (friends buying from the same exact LGS that I bought mine from earlier in the year)

The guy that bought last before that election paid the most.

Just because you see someone pay a crazy sum of money for something does not mean it is 'worth' that crazy ass sum of money. A good example of this is the current price of primers at places like Gunraper. Just because people are currently bidding and paying $400 (and / or more) for a thousand primers does not mean that is a 'good price'. All it really means is that a desperate / impatient fool was parted with their money. (buying when demand is high and supply is low and paying the 'stupid tax' because of it)