Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: I bought a new 6920 yesterday.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I just changed out the other GI trigger. It made me remember why I hated those things. I was able to hang the rifle off my finger by the trigger and it wouldn’t break.

Geissele SSA or SD-C are my go to replacements.

Quote Originally Posted by Rmorris View Post
    I just bought one of these as well. I’ll pull it out and compare markings. I also bought one of the 20 in A4 clones. I’m not impressed with the triggers. Both are CR prefix guns.

Feedback Score
    $1099 at Kentucky Gun Co if anyone looking. Pretty good price in these times

https://www.kygunco.com/Product/View?ItemNo=156999

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So if I'm understanding right, this is the new model designation that's being released under CZ's leadership? Description says it's a "CR6920."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The CR6920s have been available for quite a few months.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Ain’t nothing wrong with lmt afaik. Besides it’s the Colt bolts and barrels that have all the secret sauce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What is the Colt secret sauce that sets it apart from LMT or DD or BCM?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ta0117 View Post
    If we knew what the sauce is, it wouldn’t be a secret.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Yea, I do love me some Colts, but I don't see Colt better than BCM or LMT. That's the trifecta in AR15's IMHO. But they do use some special Colt lube or mfg process that gives them a distinct smell, and I like it lol.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    It’s G96. BCM uses it too. It’s better than new car smell.

Colt bolts and barrels are the deal. I think they do chambers and bores better than anyone else for some reason.

16” 6920 Colt vs 16” carbine BCM I have? The BCM cycles harder, beats up brass, and shows more pressure signs than the Colt.

I’m not sure about LMT’s 16” carbines, but I’m leery of anything in that configuration that’s not a Colt. Seems like a mid-gas is a lot more tolerant of whoever made it kind of barrels.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    It’s G96. BCM uses it too. It’s better than new car smell.

Colt bolts and barrels are the deal. I think they do chambers and bores better than anyone else for some reason.

16” 6920 Colt vs 16” carbine BCM I have? The BCM cycles harder, beats up brass, and shows more pressure signs than the Colt.

I’m not sure about LMT’s 16” carbines, but I’m leery of anything in that configuration that’s not a Colt. Seems like a mid-gas is a lot more tolerant of whoever made it kind of barrels.
    I didn’t know BCM made carbine length 16” uppers. What is the gas port size? Colt is around 0.062.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I didn’t know BCM made carbine length 16” uppers. What is the gas port size? Colt is around 0.062.
    I don’t know. I’ve never taken it apart. I’m running it with an A5H3, same as my 6920s and it doesn’t seem overgassed.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast