Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: I bought a new 6920 yesterday.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Yea, I do love me some Colts, but I don't see Colt better than BCM or LMT. That's the trifecta in AR15's IMHO. But they do use some special Colt lube or mfg process that gives them a distinct smell, and I like it lol.

PB
    If you know, you know.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Did some shooting this afternoon. Noticed that my BCM won’t drop Pmags. The same mags dropped fine from a couple of Colt lowers.

My opinion? BCM is not on par with Colt.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I own nothing BCM; but I think that’s a bit of a stretch to say that.

I had a Colt LE6920 that had to be returned to Colt due to a manufacturing defect. Does that mean Colt is not on par with Colt? Slightly facetious, but I think you get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    Did some shooting this afternoon. Noticed that my BCM won’t drop Pmags. The same mags dropped fine from a couple of Colt lowers.

My opinion? BCM is not on par with Colt.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    That’s the lower. It also lets the buffer hit the buffer retainer when it cycles, and it’s harder on brass/shows pressure signs worse than the 6920s I have.

My sample of one isn’t even close to a Colt.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    I own nothing BCM; but I think that’s a bit of a stretch to say that.

I had a Colt LE6920 that had to be returned to Colt due to a manufacturing defect. Does that mean Colt is not on par with Colt? Slightly facetious, but I think you get the point.
    Unfortunately that's exactly what it means, at least for most of Colt's history. I think the LE6920s are generally a sure thing though. It's unfortunate you got a bad one. I know they can be slow, but it sounds like they did take care of you?
    Last edited by okie; 04-24-21 at 20:13.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There was a thing a couple years ago where BCM lowers had trouble with Gen 3 PMAGs. That said, as much as I like Colts, I've never considered Colt on par with BCM.

Colt is the lowest acceptable grade AR in my opinion, behind BCM, DD, Centurion, Scionics, LMT, and KAC. You can rely on them with your life, but you can get better quality for more money. That said, I'd never feel under equipped with one.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    There was a thing a couple years ago where BCM lowers had trouble with Gen 3 PMAGs. That said, as much as I like Colts, I've never considered Colt on par with BCM.

Colt is the lowest acceptable grade AR in my opinion, behind BCM, DD, Centurion, Scionics, LMT, and KAC. You can rely on them with your life, but you can get better quality for more money. That said, I'd never feel under equipped with one.
    By what metric? The LMT/KAC enhanced stuff sure, but it's also three times the price.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    By what metric? The LMT/KAC enhanced stuff sure, but it's also three times the price.
    It really depends on what you want! An LMT MRP is a bit heavy for me but, if you want to stack clip-on optics it is hard to beat. Barrel//caliber swaps are also pretty easy.

KAC products are a bit like saying a Porsche 911 is finished too nicely, is too reliable, and is much faster than you really need. My Mod 2 LPR is a real honey of a rifle and I would NOT trade it for three 6920's.
    Last edited by Sid Post; 04-25-21 at 08:17.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    I’ve been seeing Colts sell in the $1200-1400 range locally. They are selling, but most seem to want $700 rifles for whatever reason.

I have 6920s from the “LE only” era up until the last one which was 2018 or 2019. I’ve been tempted to pick up a few more just because, but I may hold out for the return of the $800 Colts.

I’m glad to hear many of the newer rifles are living up to expectations. Many complained in ‘19/‘20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Many complained about 19/20??? I’ve not heard that one. That was a great era for Colt 6920. Always someone trying to say this crap.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    Deleted
    Last edited by indianalex01; 04-25-21 at 09:11. Reason: Mistake

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast