Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trade Value

Feedback Score

Trade Value

This could be the wrong forum but I need a little help. I just made a purchase of some 45acp ammo for the purpose of trading it for some 556/223. The ammo is Federal American Eagle 230gr FMJ and I need to know what would be a good asking price or trade value for each box of 50. I would like to make some of my cash back and end up with around 1K rounds of 556. I paid $.27 cents a round which is a little more than it cost when we lived in free America 2019. Would a straight up trade 1 for 1 be a good deal? I'm thinking of asking $30 to $35 a box cash price. Too low? Too high?

All feedback is welcomed.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I think trading 1 for 1 for quality brass case 5.56 is a reasonable expectation. It appears that Fed AE .45 ACP is currently priced ~ $1 per round online so $35 for a box of 50 is not too high.

Andy

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    That would be cheap pricing here in CT.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DBS25 View Post
    I just made a purchase of some 45acp ammo for the purpose of trading it...

All feedback is welcomed.

Feedback: It's this kind of speculation that's prolonging the ammo "shortage."

I believe in a free market, and I have enough ammo stockpiled to ride our the ongoing dry spell, so knock yourself out...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Yeah, I think 1 for 1 trade as well as your is cash price are both in line with current market values. 45ACP ball and good 5.56 both seem to be going for around $0.85/rd currently.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post

I believe in a free market, and I have enough ammo stockpiled to ride our the ongoing dry spell, so knock yourself out...
    I had the same thought but decided I would leave it alone.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 04-07-21 at 11:40.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post

One could just as easily call your stockpile 'Hoarding' and say that contributed to and is prolonging the shortage...

Can't recall if you were the guy talking about having / buying 50k primers at a time or not but if so - That IS 'the pot calling the kettle black'.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Your price is more than fair at $35/50 rounds. But trading 1 for 1 is also fair. Couldn’t ask for ammo 1/1 and money.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    One could just as easily call your stockpile 'Hoarding' and say that contributed to and is prolonging the shortage...

Can't recall if you were the guy talking about having / buying 50k primers at a time or not but if so - That IS 'the pot calling the kettle black'.
    Purchases completed years or even months before the panic-driven shortage do not contribute to the shortage.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Purchases completed years or even months before the panic-driven shortage do not contribute to the shortage.
    Thanks, Andy...

I would also differentiate between my "stockpiling" for my own use and your "hoarding" or "speculating" with the intention re-selling for a profit.

Again, I'm a staunch believer in the free market, and I'm happy to see fools parted from their money, and the current hysteria isn't impinging on me directly, so go for it...

However, this kind of speculation in the ammo market is undeniably prolonging the shortage.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast