Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trade Value

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I was in a local gun shop yesterday and they had pallets of ammunition on the floor. They had 9mm, .45 ACP and .223 rounds. Federal .45 ACP fmj ammunition was $39.99 per box.
    This is a good sign...

Once people stop buying overpriced ammo, and the inventory sits a while, then prices will come down.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    One could just as easily call your stockpile 'Hoarding' and say that contributed to and is prolonging the shortage...
    One would be wrong. I have over a decade's worth of ammo now. I purchased it when demand and prices were low. By doing so I helped keep the ammunition factories in business when those who now have to have ammo at any cost thought that having ammo in the store was as good as having it at home. Now while prices and demand are high, I'm not buying any ammo at all. Therefore, my stockpile is currently helping to reduce demand (versus if I had no stockpile). Those who have decided that now is a good time to buy ammo should be thanking people like me for keeping the ammo companies in business and staying out of the current frenzy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123