Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More GOOD news from Winchester... not...

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Lightbulb More GOOD news from Winchester... not...

I saw another article this morning, on how copper's going up, so this isn't entirely surprising.

Winchester Announces 2021 Price Increases on Ammunition and Reloading Supplies
    March 23, 2021
    Winchester Ammunition v

March 22nd, 2021 Winchester ammunition announced an increase in all ammunition prices effective May 1st. The letter from Winchester is below but amounts to a fairly large increase in the cost of ammunition.

March 22, 2021

To All Winchester Ammunition Customers:

Thank you for your commitment to Winchester and Browning Ammunition in support of our legendary products.

Due to the increased cost inputs for manufacturing ammunition, it is necessary to increase ammunition prices for all shipments, including backorders, beginning May 1, 2021.

Ammunition will be subject to the following price increases.

Shotshells + 5%-12%
    22 Magnum Rimfire ammunition + 5%-15%
    Hunting Rifle ammunition + 5%-15%
    All Centerfire Pistol ammunition +8%
    Components +10%
    Primers +25% (Due to our current backorder situation, until further notice, Winchester is not accepting new orders on primers)

These May 1, 2021 increases will affect all pack sizes, sub-brands, and special make-ups.

All existing orders and future orders shipped on or after May 1, 2021, will be shipped at the new prices unless you notify us requesting cancellation. Procedures for repricing back and future orders will be issued with new pricelists and programs in the coming weeks.

Sincerely,

Matt Campbell

Vice President, Sales & Marketing

- Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Not surprised. They'll have a reconditioned market and its probably their first large price increase in years.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Terrible news. I was cautiously optimistic that things were going to get better in the near future. Wrong

Feedback Score
    Things are slowly getting better. Prices are starting to go down, product is starting to become a little more available and Remington recently announced that they are now fully back on line with manufacturing. Winchester is just the first of those that are going to increase prices. Even on top of the anti-gun panic, an illegitimate marxist as POTUS means that gas will be up over $4 a gallon come next year and the cost of all products will continue to rise.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red*Lion View Post
    Things are slowly getting better. Prices are starting to go down, product is starting to become a little more available and Remington recently announced that they are now fully back on line with manufacturing. Winchester is just the first of those that are going to increase prices. Even on top of the anti-gun panic, an illegitimate marxist as POTUS means that gas will be up over $4 a gallon come next year and the cost of all products will continue to rise.
    I really think you are correct about that - rising cost of labor, energy and commodities will certainly drive prices and then inflation higher.

I do hope to grab some primers this fall. Fingers crossed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I remember a similar letter coming out in late 2019 from ATK ( I believe) that said ammo would be going up in price about 10-15 percent over the next couple years due to increased cost of raw materials and labor.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    Primers +25% (Due to our current backorder situation, until further notice, Winchester is not accepting new orders on primers)

That is a big damn jump compared to the other increases.

I noticed the 'regular' listed primer prices go up at Midway on a few different brands I looked at recently. Guessing this will not be limited to Winchester primers going up that much of a jump.

Is good to have a small stock but starting to get the feeling that the new 'normal' will be a good bit higher than before when things settle down. Hoping I am wrong.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    A 25% increase on primers would be still less than gunbroker/ gunshow prices. I don't think we will see primers for a while.

My guess is that Winchester and other ammo manufacturers make more money selling loaded ammo
    Last edited by signal4l; 04-05-21 at 20:47.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    This will pass. Johnny come lately shooters and idiots have short attention spans.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    I remember a similar letter coming out in late 2019 from ATK ( I believe) that said ammo would be going up in price about 10-15 percent over the next couple years due to increased cost of raw materials and labor.
    That is correct, I saw the same letter. I believe Winchester released a letter stating the same projected price increases at about the same time. Before the COVID-19/Minneapolis riots scare, ammunition and reloading component prices were expected to experience a 10%-15% price increase.

Yesterday I saw pallets of ammunition at a local gun shop. Federal 9mm 124g FMJ was priced at $29.99 per box. In late 2019 the same shop was charging $14.99 per box. The buzz is that once the hoarders stop overrunning the shop, we can
    expect the price to drop to around or just below $20 per box.
    Last edited by T2C; 04-08-21 at 21:37.
    Train 2 Win

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast